4th June 2013, 08:19 PM
sumalatharaja

Am I eligible for the post of Lecture in Arts college?

iam R.SUMALATHA presently working as teacher in private school.iam bsc computer science in regular college in madras university and mca thru ignou.i want to known whether iam eligible for post of lecture in arts college and can i apply for net exam.is it necessary for me to do phd/mphill.

Related Questions:
  1. If I fail to clear the NET June exam can I apply for the December Exam in the same year?
  2. Am I eligible for lecturer post in any college after completing B.E CSE?
  3. B.Ed.(correspondence) or M.A. (correspondence) Which one would be better from job point of view? -- [New]
  4. How would NET help in getting a job in DU for M.Com student? How to prepare for the same?
  5. How to work in government polytechnic after completing B.Tech IT with 8.1 CGPA
  6. Am I eligible for a government or a lecture job in a Government College after completing MCA and 1 year job?
  7. Full details about IES exam including Syllabus? How to prepare for IES? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Criteria for Lecturer post in private Polytechnic college?
  9. Am i eligible to teach assistant professor in engineering college?
  10. Am I eligible to teach in engineering college having M.Sc and M.Phil in Mathematics?
  11. Which are the top 3 colleges in Mumbai for BAF course? What is their cutoff? I am a commerce student
  12. Will a B.E graduation be eligible for lecturer job in any arts and science college
  13. Where to get application forms for NET Exam in Chennai?
  14. Am I qualified for lecture post after doing PG course in open university?
  15. Top colleges for Msc in Electronics under bharathiar university
  16. Which firm do I have to choose after passing 12th Arts with 60.05%? For which post am I eligible for?
  17. Am i eligible for what post in Army? I have done 12th(CBSE) with arts stream
  18. Can I apply for the post of college lecture after doing B.Com and clearing chartered accountancy course? Should i take up NET exam?
5th June 2013, 07:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for the post of Lecture in Arts college?

It is not necessary to do M.Phil or PhD to become lecturer. Since you have completed post graduation it is enough to apply for the National Eligibility Test.

The National Eligibility Test is conducted for the JRF and College lectureship. Minimum qualification to appear for the test is post graduation. Your Master of Computer Application degree from IGNOU will be accepted as the post graduation degree.

While you can appear for the National Eligibility Test, the subjects will not be related to arts but Computer Science and Application. You are only allowed to appear for NET in subject which is related to your PG course.

National Eligibility Test is conducted in June and December of every year. You can apply for the December 2013 exam.

NET Eligibility

1. NET requires candidate to be of Indian origin.

2. Valid post graduation degree is accepted as qualifying course.

3. Minimum of 55 percent marks in it.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent marks in qualifying course.

5. Final year students can also appear for NET.

6. But they should submit the degree within 2 years of clearing NET.

7. Your subject for NET will be Computer Science and Applications.

8. There is age limit of 28 years for Junior Research Fellowship.

9. It is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

10. SC/ST can apply for JRF till 33 years.

11. The lower age limit for Lectureship in 19 while there is no upper age limit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?