24th December 2010, 09:08 PM
peddi dileep

Full details about IES exam including Syllabus? How to prepare for IES?

I am dileep studying 3rd year ECE and i want to write ies. i want full details about ies exam including syllabus and how to prepare for ies.

25th December 2010, 06:36 AM
sdeepika.b

Smile Re: Full details about IES exam including Syllabus? How to prepare for IES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peddi dileep View Post
I am dileep studying 3rd year ECE and i want to write ies. i want full details about ies exam including syllabus and how to prepare for ies.
I am sending u the link this which contain the full details of examination.
for preparation u can practise for some of the objective . Follow if any ACE material available or be well prepared from ur Academics and try to attempt as many practise papers and mock tests.

I hope this might help u giving all info and other related books for preparation

http://www.careerquips.blogspot.com/...bel/IES%20Exam

for syllabus

http://careerquips.blogspot.com/2009...ectronics.html
25th December 2010, 07:47 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Full details about IES exam including Syllabus? How to prepare for IES?

hi...
IES stands for Indian engineering services.
this test is conducted by upsc to take engineers for government job
this test is held for four subjects they are civil.mechanical,electrical,and electronics.
this year the notification will be out on 25 December and the exam is in month of may.
for the detailed information and syllabus see the employment news dated 26 December or check the website www.upsc.gov.in
all the best
14th February 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Full details about IES exam including Syllabus? How to prepare for IES?

syllabus for electrical engineers
24th March 2011, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Hi.I am 2005 passout graduate in ECE.My % is 59.7%(Second class).Am I eligible for the post of lecture in engg college?Please help me with an answer.

SdYa
28th March 2011, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

hi! i m a student of instrumentation and control.am i eiligible for ies?
4th April 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

hi.this surendra prepare ies(eee).plz send the syballs and.what books used for subject.ok bye
17th April 2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

May i write ies in appearing
10th May 2011, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Hai am nayeem ece i want full details about ies including the syllabus and which institute was better in Hyderabad and what are materials names for ies?
10th May 2011, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

i am ram. i am prepare for ies? what are the basic things to get rank in ies?
11th May 2011, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

what are the post after IES completion?
28th May 2011, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Why pharmacy syllabus is not included in IAS exam?
3rd June 2011, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

i am B.E.(mech) student.i will complete my engg. in may 2012.
am i eligible for giving IES 2012 ?
15th June 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Hi i have done btech in chemical engineering.m i eligible for ies exam
21st June 2011, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

i am omprakash what r the hardware jobs for electronics and comm. Engineering?
22nd June 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am doing btech in electrical engineering. How i will be prepaired myself for ies examination.???
12th July 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

i am bhanu b.tech 4-1 ece ,i would like to know syllabus & model for ies?
13th July 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

i am anoop.i wanted to know whether the preparation for gate is sufficient for getting ies
17th July 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Is there reservation for girls
18th July 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I am V.P.Vignesh. I am doing my second year BE EEE. I want to write IES exam. What are the qualification to write the exam? What are job i will do after complete the exam
21st July 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

What is scope for computer engg in government jobs?
or whether computer engg can apply aes?
24th July 2011, 09:29 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

The Indian Engineering Services (IES) Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to the IES

General Ability(Objective)

Part A: General English. The question paper in General English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.

Part B: General Studies: The paper in General Studies will include knowledge of current events and of such matters as of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
how to prepare
it is only general so you can prepare by your self.
you can take help of books
4th August 2011, 01:22 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Full details about IES exam including Syllabus? How to prepare for IES?

Quote:
IES - Indian Engineering Service:

IES exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and the exam is held every year for recruiting candidates for the India's government Engineering Organizations.

The candidates who are wanting for stable government job in engineering cadre then you can apply for this exam.

The exam is conducted once in a year and the exam is conducted on the month of June and the notification will be released in the month of January.

The candidates who are willing to apply for the exam must satisfy some eligibility criteria's:

Eligibility:
  • The candidate must be a citizen of India.
  • The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years.
  • The candidate must have got a Engineering degree from a recognized university and the candidates must have passed out from departments Civil,Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
  • The candidates who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for the exam.

The pattern for the exam is:

Written test
Personality Test

The written test consists of 5 papers:

Paper I - 200 marks
Paper II,III - 200 marks
Paper IV,V - 200 marks.

Personality Test - 200 marks.

Best coaching institutes for IES:

• Vidyamandir
• Brilliant Tutorials
• FIIT JEE
• Amity

For more information regarding the exam you can check at the official website of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th August 2011, 10:38 PM
sampath777

Quote:
plz send ur mail to [email protected]
5th September 2011, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

a correspondence engg. graduate(i.e amie) can apply for ies exam
6th September 2011, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Whether a student who is doing his third year ece can appear for ies exams.
I want previous year model papers for ies exams
please email me to [email protected]
19th September 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

nw i'm doing my b.tech 3rd year ece, can u tell me abt the better options after engg...
29th September 2011, 12:12 PM
hasim mondal

i am hasim mondal doing b.tech in 3rd yr EE,,,can u plz tell me
about IES exam including syllabus and how to preparefor IES???
29th September 2011, 12:13 PM
hasim mondal

i am hasim mondal doing b.tech in 3rd yr EE,,,can u plz tell me
about IES exam including syllabus and how to preparefor IES???
29th September 2011, 08:50 PM
jevirsinh

Hello friend

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.
IES Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications : Degree in :
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Computer Engineering
Information and Technology
Instrumentation Engineering
or equivalent degree from recognized university or college.
• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.
Age Limits :
Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )
As you are pursuing engineering with ECE you are eligible but you must satisfy age criteria.

Syllabus foe IES
IES syllabus cover 100% of your engineering syllabus except Maths, So throughly prepare for it and try to make your concept clear in all subject.
Try to solve last 10 years papers of IES,they will also help you .
This year date of submission of application form is over so try next year.

For other details you can visit official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best...
4th October 2011, 08:01 AM
krishnan89

Hello sir/madam am studying electrical and electronics engineering i search for IES examination please tell me a deatils for BE students
20th October 2011, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

sir we can write this exam when we are in 7th sem or compulsary after the completion of engg.????
26th October 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am somnath chakraborty ,so i want to know about the full details of upsc ies civil examination of paper-1 and paper-2 syllabus, so please kindly send the information on my email add ([email protected])
28th November 2011, 10:54 PM
areef mohamed

sir we can write this exam when we are in 7th sem or compulsary after the completion of engg.????
30th November 2011, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am Roja Hi i am doing 2nd year btech in civil engineering. How i will be prepared myself for IES examination.? and what is the syllabus for exams??
5th December 2011, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

I am lakshmi,I am studying 2 nd year civil engineering .I want to write IES exam..Give me suggestions for best books and syllabus.
18th December 2011, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

WHAT TYPE OF JOB WE GET AFTER IES?SYLLABUS FOR ECE
18th December 2011, 04:01 PM
bishnu_g

the full detail are available on the website upsc.gov.in
best wishes
24th December 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

i would like to know the books refer for ies exam and any coating centres a available in hyderabad,pondycherry ?
4th February 2012, 08:24 PM
pikashi goyal

yaa i m a fresher from electrical engineering and i want to know how i prepare ies exam
5th February 2012, 12:23 AM
adlsm

IES - Indian Engineering Service:

IES exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and the exam is held every year for recruiting candidates for the India's government Engineering Organizations.

The candidates who are wanting for stable government job in engineering cadre then you can apply for this exam.

The exam is conducted once in a year and the exam is conducted on the month of June and the notification will be released in the month of January.

The candidates who are willing to apply for the exam must satisfy some eligibility criteria's:

Eligibility:

The candidate must be a citizen of India.
The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years.
The candidate must have got a Engineering degree from a recognized university and the candidates must have passed out from departments Civil,Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
The candidates who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for the exam.

here is the syllabus
http://careerquips.blogspot.in/2009/03/ies-exam-syllabus-for-electronics.html

all the best
4th March 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

why conduct ies exam..
7th March 2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

i am saad pervaiz in civil branch from SRI. i want full details about ies.
8th March 2012, 12:12 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.E.S exam after passing engineering from E.C.E branch..

I.E.S is Indian Engineering service...
I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

IMPORTANT DATE FOR I.E.S./I.S.S. EXAM., 2012
DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012
LAST OF RECITE OF FORM:- 17.09.2012(MONDAY)
DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012 (SATURDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
8th March 2012, 12:26 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.E.S exam after passing engineering from E.C.E branch..

I.E.S is Indian Engineering service...
I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

IMPORTANT DATE FOR I.E.S./I.S.S. EXAM., 2012
DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012
LAST OF RECITE OF FORM:- 17.09.2012(MONDAY)
DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012 (SATURDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
27th September 2012, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

sir from which semester should I start to prepare for ies . and my stream is ex , am i eligible for this exam
6th November 2012, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

syllabus for civil engineering and how to prepare IES
7th November 2012, 05:22 PM
sudha001

Hello Friend,

Indian Engineering Services (IES)are the civil services that meet the technical and managerial functions of the Government of India. Like most countries, the Government of India recruits its civil servants and officials on the basis of merit, the middle management positions in the bureaucracy are filled through competitive exams.
IES officers are selected by the union government on the recommendations made by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in June / July India-wide.

A combined four-stage competitive examination called the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is conducted by the UPSC for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services.

ESE is therefore considered as the toughest exam in India and amongst the toughest in the world due to less number of seats having a selection ratio of 0.00275 and its technical nature.ESE 2012 was conducted for the recruitment of candidates to as many as 560 posts, which also includes 47 vacancies available for PH (physically handicapped) category. Because of this difficult selection procedure, IES officers carry high respect and stature in society and are able to manage activities in diverse areas.

Eligibility

Educational qualifications: At least a bachelor's degree in Engineering (B.E. / B. Tech) from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain services / posts only.

Age limits

21-30 years on 1 August of the year of Engineering Services Examination.

syllabus for IES Exam
:-

Question Pattern

Recommended Books
:-

[IMG]Required qualifications to pursue MBA?[/IMG]

All The Best ..
19th December 2012, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

how will be the selection procedure for the job undertaking , how much to secure in IES to get a job
23rd December 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

can i appear IES with IT branch???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?