31st August 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for PSU exam after passing B.Tech from delhi

iam a b.tech student from delhi...currently iam in third year...i have a year back now..so am i eligible for psu exams

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for PSU after passing 12th with 64%? I have done B.E with 73%
  2. Am i eligible for PSU exam after scoring below 60%? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year from electronics and communication branch
  3. Is it necessary to appear for GATE after passing B.Tech CSE? What is the syllabus of CAT and PSU exam
  4. Can I apply for PSU exam after passing B.Tech computer science? What are the opportunities in PSU?
  5. Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?
  6. Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 60% aggregate in B.Tech(ECE)
  7. Can I be eligible for PSU exam? I have completed B.Tech with distance
  8. After scoring 57% in B.Tech in ST for which exam am I eligible, PSU or UPSC?
  9. Am i eligible for BEL PSU after scoring 59.5% in B.Tech
  10. Am I eligible for PSU exam after scoring 60% aggregate? I am a B.Tech ECE graduate
  11. Can I get job in PSU through GATE if completed M.Sc in Electronics? -- [New]
  12. What is the date of PSU exam? What is the scope of PSU sector?
  13. Am I eligible for all PSU Companies being a candidate having secured 2nd Division in 10th, 12th and 68% in B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Should I go for MBA/MS/M.Tech after passing B.Tech?
  15. Name of PSU exams? Percentage required for them and other eligibility?
  16. Summer Training programme in any PSU at Delhi for B.Tech(ECE) 2nd year student? When the application form will be distributed?
  17. Am i eligible for PSU sectors after pursuing BTech Avionics
  18. Am I eligible for PSU exam after passing B.Tech Mechanical? I am 19 years old
24th September 2012, 10:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for PSU exam after passing B.Tech from delhi

As an initial step, you must clear back log papers so as to become eligible for PSUs. 60% marks need to be scored in B.Tech to apply for the same. The information on job posts vacant in different government companies will be available in employment news papers and specific company website as well. You can apply for positions which interest you most. Also, qualify written exam so as to get job in PSUs. GD and P.I will be the final selection step for those who clear written test.
25th September 2012, 01:33 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

For B.Tech students Public Sector Undertaking jobs are one of the best option in the government sector. Public Sector Undertakings offer jobs to B.Tech graduates in various streams through a entrance exam.

It is mandatory to appear for this entrance exam. You should know that each PSU will conduct its own entrance exam and the dates for each exam would be different. Generally each company in the Public Sector issues a job notification.

This job notification is published on employment dailies and several other leading newspapers like Times of India, The Hindu, Indian Express, Hindustan Times etc. At the same time you can also access this notification online on the official website of the Public Sector Undertaking and the several other websites.

The notification would contain all the information that you need. For example, when the exam would take place, last date of submitting admission form, how may vacancies there are in the each stream. Before applying make sure there are vacancies for the Engineering branch in which you have completed graduation.

Eligibility

The eligibility criteria to appear for all the Public Sector Undertaking exams is the same.

1. A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

2. At least 60 percent marks in graduation.

3. There is relaxation for SC/ST in percentage.

4. There should be no pending backlogs.

5. The age limit to appear for PSU exam is 21 to 30 years.

6. There is 3 years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC.

7. For SC/ST there is 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1) Written Test

2) Interview

It is important to know that recently several Public Sector Undertakings have scrapped written test and repalced it with GATE entrance exam. The recruitment is done on the performance of candidate in the GATE Exam. Not every PSU is accepting this method but some of them are doing so.

Therefore it is important to appear for GATE entrance exam. Another reason to do so is that almost all the PSUs would exempt candidate with good performance in GATE exam from appearing for written test and instead he/she would be called for direct interview.

List of PSU

GAIL

ONGC

IOCL

BHEL

BEL

ISRO

DRDO

BPCL

MTNL

BSNL

SAIL

NTPC
25th September 2012, 03:40 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yes you are eligible for the PSU.

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertaking.
The b.tech students are good selection for public sector undertakings. This perfectly suitable for the b.tech candidates.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

B.tech degree complete from any recognized university.

The candidate need the 60% of marks in graduation.

The marks relaxation applicable for sc/st candidates.

The age limit is between 21 to 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for the OBC Candidates.

For sc/st candidates 5 years age relaxation.

The candidate should have the no sending backlogs.

EXAM PATTERN:

Written Test

Interview

List of Public Sector Undertakings:

NTPC

GAIL

BHEL

BEL

ISRO

BSNL

ONGC

IOCL

DRDO

BPCL

all the best.
25th September 2012, 05:06 PM
yogesh8955347778

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible for PSU exam after passing B.Tech from delhi

As an initial step, you must clear back log papers so as to become eligible for PSUs. 60% marks need to be scored in B.Tech to apply for the same. The information on job posts vacant in different government companies will be available in employment news papers and specific company website as well. You can apply for positions which interest you most. Also, qualify written exam so as to get job in PSUs. GD and P.I will be the final selection step for those who clear written test.
Eligibility

The eligibility criteria to appear for all the Public Sector Undertaking exams is the same.

1. A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

2. At least 60 percent marks in graduation.

3. There is relaxation for SC/ST in percentage.

4. There should be no pending backlogs.

5. The age limit to appear for PSU exam is 21 to 30 years.

6. There is 3 years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC.

7. For SC/ST there is 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1) Written Test

2) Interview

It is important to know that recently several Public Sector Undertakings have scrapped written test and repalced it with GATE entrance exam. The recruitment is done on the performance of candidate in the GATE Exam. Not every PSU is accepting this method but some of them are doing so.

Therefore it is important to appear for GATE entrance exam. Another reason to do so is that almost all the PSUs would exempt candidate with good performance in GATE exam from appearing for written test and instead he/she would be called for direct interview.
List of PSU
GAIL
ONGC
IOCL
BHEL
BEL
ISRO
DRDO
BPCL
MTNL
BSNL
SAIL
NTPC
26th September 2012, 04:45 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..........

Yes, you are eligible for PSU

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertaking.

Eligibility Criteria for PSU : -

** You must have a bachelor of degree in B.Tech from any recognized university

** You must have a 60% marks in graduation level

** Your age should between 21 to 30 years and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as under

For SC/ST candidates 5 years

For OBC Candidates 3 years relaxation

Selection Procedure : -

1. Written Examination

2. Interview..........etc.

all the best
3rd December 2012, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

I have Secured 63.24% in my B.E. course from Mumbai University and currently working in a tower crane Co..Is my score eligible to participate in PSU's recruitment as I Doesn't fall into the category of minimum 65% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?