19th August 2011, 03:55 PM
jaithal

After scoring 57% in B.Tech in ST for which exam am I eligible, PSU or UPSC?

i have passed my btech degree with 57% in shudal tribe (ST) categry.which exam r available for me in psu exam and upsc exam?thanks

21st August 2011, 08:38 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: After scoring 57% in B.Tech in ST for which exam am I eligible, PSU or UPSC?

Being from ST category you can attend a number of exams conducted by UPSC Board and PSu.Some of the exams which you can attend are:-
UPSC
Combined Defense Services, CSAT(Civil Services), Central Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination,.etc
You can even attend Engineering Services examination if you belong to either of the following branches
EEE, Mechanical, Civil ,Electronics and telecommunication.

Most of the exams conducted by the UPSC Board do not consider your aggregate but the eligibility criteria like educational qualification, age varies from exam to exam.

PSU(Public Sector Undertaking)
Many companies come under the PSU Board.All these companies are related to the core side.To get a list of the companies please refer:-
http://www.india.gov.in/citizen/PSU.php

The eligibility conditions vary from company to company but here are the common requirements put forward

1.Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs.For the Gen. Category it must be between 60%-70% and for the Reserved Category it must be between 50%-60%.
2.Some PSUs allow only present final year students and last two year pass-outs. e.g. NTPC
21st August 2011, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: After scoring 57% in B.Tech in ST for which exam am I eligible, PSU or UPSC?

best coaching for ies and upsc exam after btech in dehli
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?