27th December 2012, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to sit for IAS exam while pursuing B.E degree in computer science and engineering?

I am pursuing B.E degree in computer science and engineering..am i eligible to sit for the IAS exam??

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible to sit for IAS exam while pursuing B.E degree in computer science and engineering?
  2. Am I eligible for government entrance exam or PSU? I am a student pursuing degree in B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  3. Am I eligible to sit for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate of pursuing 4th year?
  4. Am i eligible to do masters in forensic science after completing engineering in computer science from Bangalore
  5. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
  6. Can a computer science engineering student give IAS exam and IES?
  7. Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?
  8. Am I eligible for IAS(UPSC) exam after completing diploma in computer science after 10th
  9. Am i eligible to sit for ISI exam if I am a student of computer science(BSc) Hons
  10. Am I eligible for IAS if haven't studied 12th? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible to write CSIR exam? I am pursuing computer science and engineering
  12. Am I eligible for Bank PO exam while pursuing bachelor of engineering in computer science?
  13. Which subjects are better for B.E Computer Science Engineering candidate to take for IAS exam?
  14. Am I eligible for UPSC pursuing B.Tech with Computer Science Engineering? Goverment jobs for Computer Science Engineering?
  15. Computer Science Students Eligibility in IES? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am i eligible for BARCh exam after pursuing 3rd year in computer science and engineering?
  17. How to sit for prestigious IAS exam? I am pursuing BSc Physics(Hons)
  18. Can i apply for AFCAT exam with computer science branch? I am pursuing B.Tech in computer science and engineering
3rd January 2013, 01:58 AM
thriller.singh

Default Re: Am i eligible to sit for IAS exam while pursuing B.E degree in computer science and engineering?

hi friend,
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC every year, and minmum qualification for this exam is graduation from any recognized university in any stream.
so you are completely eligible for this exam once you complete your B.Tech. you can also apply while you are in last year of your graduation.

best of luck.
3rd January 2013, 10:41 AM
bhudevi.g

Default Re: Am i eligible to sit for IAS exam while pursuing B.E degree in computer science and engineering?

Yes...there is certainly a very good chance for you to sit in the exam.I want to appreciate you for giving a thought about Serving India.You can be a very good leader being wquipped with computer technology.
All you need to do is have a good grip on General studies. It's well n good if you have the habit of reading news paper. Since News paper shows you the whole world around you,I suggest you to read it daily.
I prefer Hindu news paper. And there ae some magazines like Competition Success review , Pratiyogitha Darpan, Yojana ,Frontline etc which are very good at covering a wide range of information.
Try to collect the more information from all availeble resources. Bet having more information is not useful unless you know whis is important.
All that you need to de is able to distinguish between what to read and what not to read.This is the seccess mantra for cracking the exam.
Best use of resources available at hand can take to to the peeks of success.
All the best.
Regards.
3rd January 2013, 11:49 AM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

yes definitely dear you are fully eligible for IAS exam after completing your B.E. degree in computer science.
IAS exam is also known as CSAT exam. CSAT exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year. to become an IAS officer you must crack the CSAT exam all stage
There are 3 stage of this exam
Prelim exam
mains exam
interview

Eligibility for candidate to appearing CSAT exam is
Candidate must be graduate in any stream from recognized university
final year candidate are also apply for CSAT exam

age of the candidate is 21 to 30 year,
3year age relaxation for OBC and 5 year relaxation for SC/ST candidate
10 year age relaxation for PH candidate

should be Indian

Best of luck
3rd January 2013, 01:59 PM
ankit80
Member+

Well dear ias exam is conducted every year by upsc.you can apply for this exam after graduation or in the final year of your graduation.
ELIGIBILITY:
<>you must be a citizen of india.
<>you should have done graduation from a recognised university.
<>your age should be between 21 to 30 years.age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years is given to the obc candidate and sc candidate.
Best of luck
3rd January 2013, 02:46 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Engineering student of any stream is eligible for the Indian Administrative Service Exam. There is no such restriction for engineering students or students of any other graduation course. The requirement to appear for Indian Administrative Service Exam is a graduation degree.

This criteria is set by the Union Public Service Commission which conducts the Civil Service Examination. You if you have completed graduation, then you are eligible. It is irrelevant whether you have completed B.Tech, B.Com, B.Sc or BBA. You simply need a graduation degree.

Therefore apply for the Indian Administrative Service without any fear. Below is the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. A graduation degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Age limit is 21 to 30 years as on August 1 of examination year.

5. There is upto 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1) Preliminary Exam

2) Main Exam

3) Interview

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. SC/ST - No limit

3. OBC - 7
3rd January 2013, 03:15 PM
ipkay93

Hello dear aspirant , yes you are eligible for the IAS examination its just that if you clear IAS examination then at the time of reporting you should have your Degree in hand. For this you must be in final year of your Graduation.

Best of Luck
3rd January 2013, 03:24 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible to sit for IAS exam while pursuing B.E degree in computer science and engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing B.E degree in computer science and engineering..am i eligible to sit for the IAS exam??

hi friend,

you have complete your graduation Degree with at lest 55% from recognise universities..........

Final year students apply this exam.......

Age limit :- 21-30 years.....
OBC :- +3 years..........
SC/ST:- +5 years........

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4.........
OBC - max. 7.........
SC/ST - No limit...

all the best........
3rd January 2013, 03:24 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you are pursing B.E. Degree in Computer Science and Engineering, after completion of which you will be eligible for IAS exam.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd January 2013, 04:09 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi...
Sir...
The minimum educational requirement for appearing in the civil service examination, you must have to posses at least a graduation degree, so, If you are a undergraduate yet, then you must have to complete your graduation first.
After completion of your graduation, you can apply for the IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) examination, conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear in order to become a IAS\IPS officer.
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW..

CSAT exam pattern-

NO. OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS--

Age limit--
21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 year for the SC\ST candidates,

No. of attempts--

4 for the GENERAL candidates,
7 for the OBC candidates,
No such limit for the SC\ST candidates..

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
3rd January 2013, 05:12 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES, you are eligible to sit in the UPSC CIVIL Services EXAMS

Next UPSC Prelims Exams will be held on 19th MAY 2013
Notifications for this exam will come out on 2nd February 2013

ELIGBILTY for this exam is:

Educational Qualifications= > Graduation pass in any Stream

AGE- Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
Candidates belonging to OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

ATTEMPTS- General candidates- 4 times
OBC- 7 times
SC/ST- No such restriction
3rd January 2013, 05:25 PM
Siva mechanical

Quote:
the eligibility criteria to become IAS officer is as follows:

*) the candidate should be a citizen of India

*) the age limit is between 21 to 30 years.

*) there will be 5 years age relaxation for reservation candidates and SC/ST candidates.

*) 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates.

*) the candidate should pursue any degree from any recognised university.

*) for IAS officer, there is no strict in physical fitness.

all the best for your future.
3rd January 2013, 07:32 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you are e eligible to sit in the IAS exam after completion of B.E. in Computer science & Engineering.

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Officer), one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen. He should have either appeared for Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University. The candidate should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd January 2013, 08:11 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can apply for IAS examination if you are in final year of Engineering degree and expecting your result in time.

Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university is required for IAS examination hence you don't worry about the eligibility criteria because you are eligible for it.

But you have to take care of age criteria if you want to apply for IAS exam.

The age must be between 21 to 30 years if you are General Category candidate.

There is 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC Category candidates.

You have to be prepared for IAS examination if you want to become an IAS officer. There are three stages in IAS examination that you have to pass with good marks.

-Civil Services Aptitude Test

-Civil Services Mains Exam

-Personal Interview

For more information you can visit UPSC website http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd January 2013, 09:50 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

yes ,why not you are definitely eligible for IAS exam because you are graduate. IAS exam eligibility:-Candidate should be Indian .Those candidate have graduation degree are eligible for IAS exam.Candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years.Some age relaxation for reserved caste like:3 years for OBC caste and 5 years for SC/ST category.
3rd January 2013, 11:51 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

Yes you can eligible to apply for the IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

Eligibility:

The applicant should complete the Graduation from recognized University.

No percentage required. Just pass the Graduation.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible.

Your age llimit should be 21 to 30 years.

3 years Upper age relaxation for the OBC

5 years for the SC\ST.

10 years for Physical Handicapped.

Both male & female candidates are eligible to become IAS officer. But you should be Citizen of India.

Number of Attempts:

4- General

7- OBC

No limit- SC\ST.

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

Main Exam

Interview

All the best........
4th January 2013, 10:58 AM
pushp ranjan

Smile Re: Am i eligible to sit for IAS exam while pursuing B.E degree in computer science and engineering?

Hello guest !!

sorry to say you that you are presently not elligible to tackle iAS enterance test.
because minimun age to tackle IAS must be 25 years of the age.
and i dont think that you will be having 25 til your last year according to school birth certificate.

so,it is better for you to start preparing for IAS from right now and you will be elligible till you are filly prepared.
4th January 2013, 11:30 AM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Yes Dear, you are fully eligible after completing or appearing your B-tech final year in computer science. when you are in last year of the B-tech exam then you are eligible for CSAT exam. there are some eligibility criteria which is also important is given below.

Candidate should be graduate from recognized university in any stream
age of the candidate should be 21 to 30 year
relaxation in age provided to the OBC and SC/ST candidate is 3 year and 5 year respectively

Attempt limit
General candidate 4 times
OBC 7 times
SC/ST no limit
4th January 2013, 03:06 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Yes, you're eligible for sitting in IAS, as you're having a graduation degree with you. The only requirements for sitting in IAS exam are
First, you need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream, from a recognized university in India. There's no criteria for the percentage of marks in graduation or in 10-12th.

Secondly, your age should be not less than 21 years of age and not more than 30 years of age.
Gud luck
4th January 2013, 05:22 PM
iasguide

If u are awaiting final year results,then u r eligible.
For complete eligibility criterea, go to http://iasguide.tk/eligibility
4th January 2013, 06:33 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible to sit for IAS exam while pursuing B.E degree in computer science and engineering?

Quote:

Eligibility To Appear For IAS Exam

The examination which is conducted for selection of IAS Officers is known as the Civil Service Exam which is conducted every year by the UPSC..

A candidate can appear for the Civil Service Exam if :-

>> The candidate must be either in the final year of graduation or must have already completed graduation in any stream from a recognized institute..

>> Candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years if general, 21-33 years if OBC and 21-35 years if SC/ST..

>> general candidates have a maximum of 4 attempts, OBC have 7 and SC/ST/PD can appear till the time their age permits..

So, yes you are eligible for IAS if you are a final year student..

The Civil Service Written Exam is conducted in 2 stages :-

>> Prelims or CSAT :- 2 objective type papers based on general awareness and aptitude..

>> Mains :- 9 subjective papers in which you have to choose your optional subjects based on graduation and English and Essay Writing is compulsory..

After you clear the Written Exam you will be called for the final interview round..

I have attached some of the previous year question papers and syllabus of CSAT for your reference..

Go through them and I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best.

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: pdf IAS ENGLISH_COMPULSORY 2010.pdf(167.8 KB, 101 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 50 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_I 2010.pdf(210.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: pdf IAS GENERAL_STUDIES_II 2010.pdf(296.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 67 views)
4th January 2013, 07:10 PM
ankit80
Member+

Well dear IAS exam is conducted
by UPSC every year, and
minmum qualification
for this exam is
graduation from any
recognized university in
any stream.
so you are completely
eligible for this exam
once you complete your
B.Tech. you can also
apply while you are in
last year of your
graduation.
ELIGIBILITY:
you should
complete the
Graduation from
recognized University.
No percentage required.
Just pass the
Graduation.
Final year pursuing
candidates are eligible.
Your age llimit should be
21 to 30 years.
3 years Upper age
relaxation for the OBC
5 years for the SC\ST.
Best of luck
4th January 2013, 10:17 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes,you will be Eligible to appear in IAS(Indian Administrative services) Exam,after completing your B.E in computer science.

In order to appear in this Exam,you will require the following Eligibility:-

Educational Qualification:-

>>You must be passed out in your Engineering degree from recognized university.
>>Your degree should be approved from the AICTE/UGC.

Age details:-

>>Your minimum age should be 21 years.
>>Your age should not be above 28 years.

Age Relaxation details:-

>>If you belong from the OBC category then you will get 3 years of Age Relaxations.
>>If you belong from the SC/ST then you will get 5 years of age Relaxations.

Number of Attempts details:-

>>If you are from OBC category then you can appear 7 times.
>>If you are from GENERAL category then you can appear 4 times.

NOTE:-There is no limitation for appearing in this exam for SC/ST category candidates.

Exam Pattern: -

>>Preliminary Exam (CSAT).
>>Mains Exam.

Its Official website is http://www.upsc.gov.in
4th January 2013, 11:44 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Yes definitely, you are eligible to sit for IAS exam while pursuing B.E. degree in computer science and engineering.

IAS examination is a civil service examination. This examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year in three stages:-

* Preliminary examination.

* Mains examination.

* Personal interview.

The educational qualifications required for this examination are prescribed as below:-

* Either graduate or in the final year of graduation in any stream from a recognised college or university.

* Age limit:- 21-30 for general, 21-33 for OBC, and 21-35 for SC/ST contendors.

* No of attepts:- 4 for general, 7 for OBC and no attempts for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
5th January 2013, 06:20 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Civil Services Examination is conducted eevry year by the Union Public Service Commission.

Civil Services Examination is popularly known as IAS Exam.

You are eligible to appear in the IAS Civil Services Examination depends on the year in which you are pursuing B.E. i.e., if you are in final year of B.E. then you are absolutely eligible for the exam.

But if not , then you cannot sit for the IAS Civil Services Examination.

In Order to be eligible to sit in this examination , you have to fulfill the below mentioned :

a) Educational Qualification :

* Graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* Final Year Candidates of Graduation can also apply for the same.

b) Age Limit :

Your age must lie in between 21-30 years.

c) Age Relaxation :

* For OBC Candidates : 3 years

* For SC/ST Candidates : 5 years.

d) Number Of attempts :

* General Candidates : 4 times

* OBC Candidates : 7 times

* SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

27th February 2013, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir.. I am in first year.. In b.com(hons) accounts
well i am doing C.A too with my b.com
so can appear in IAS exam aftr 3rd year
and do i hav to register in upsc or etc?
27th February 2013, 04:16 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.A.S exam after passing B.E.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
I.A.S exam is also called as civil services exam.

Civil Services exam conducted for various post like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> I.FS
> I.R.S

Age should be in between 21-30 year.
For O.B.C age limit is 21-33 year.
For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-37 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?