1st October 2013, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take up IES exam? I am a telecommunication stream student doing B.Tech

i'm telecommunication stream in my b.tech, am i eligible for taking up ies exams?

2nd October 2013, 07:15 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take up IES exam? I am a telecommunication stream student doing B.Tech

Well of course you are eligible for the Indian Engineering Service. This is a central level entrance exam currently conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

The purpose of conducting this entrance exam is to hire candidates for the government departments. There are several government departments that are working in different fields including defence. These departments actually requires the candidates with Engineering degree.

This is why Indian Engineering Service is conducted and you should definitely apply for it. The exam would be difficult to crack but pays dividends. IES is the exam which is preferred by the Engineering graduates.

You can consider applying for the Indian Engineering Service once reached the final year of B.Tech course. It is not possible to apply before it.

IES Eligibility

1. It is necessary that your nationality is Indian.

2. However citizen of Nepal and subject of Bhutan are also eligible.

3. You should have a Bachelor of Technology degree.

4. Final year students can also apply.

5. Your age should be at least 21 years.

6. Upper age limit is 30 years.

7. There is maximum of 3 years relaxation for OBC.

8. While maximum of 5 years for Schedule Caste and Tribe.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?