4th September 2010, 03:19 AM
honey 1425

Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?

Hello sir,
i am a student of I.T. branch and i am in final year right now.
I want guidance from you for the preparation of IES entrance exams.
I want to ask you that being a student of I.T. may I eligible for preparing the entrance exams of IES ? Please suggest me if there is any criteria for preparing the entrance exams, because I heard from my seniors that I.T. Engineers. are not eligible for IES entrance exam. Is it true ? or just a myth ?.

But i have a keen interest in IES entrance exams so please guide me as soon as possible.
THANKS

16th May 2011, 08:51 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?

hi

first IES exam is very tough exam..but slight concentrate on study you got the IES.

you are a IT student in final year..obcous you could appear this exam but some criteria are there for appearing..
this is :---

1.candidates compleate his graduation
2.age--21years above--35years(relaxation for sc/st/ph)

then you can apply for this exam
16th May 2011, 10:36 PM
gugulothushasinghrathode

Default Re: Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?

yes you are eligible for IES exam.
16th May 2011, 11:42 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the IES entrance exam as for the IES examination -
1. The students must passed in b.tech or b.e from any college,
2. Age should be between 21 year to 30 year.
3. Final year students are also eligible for this.

Its only a myth that I.T. Engineers are not eligible for IES entrance exam.There is no specific criteria for preparing the entrance exam.However you can take help from the various books & sample papers to make it an easy & understandable one.
17th May 2011, 10:50 AM
Ankur agrawal

Hii,

As per your question ,i repied you ya sure an IT student can apply for the IES exam but you will choose any other stream for this IES exam. because IT stream is not in the IES syllabus, but you can apply...
17th May 2011, 11:07 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes, its true that IT engineers are not eligible for IES, only candidates belonging to Civil , Electrical & Mechanical are eligibile for IES.
17th May 2011, 01:17 PM
luckykai007

the IT branch students are not eligible for the IES exam
only the core branches like that of the civil , mechanical , electrical , electronics are eligible for the IES exam
so instead you should prepare for the IAS civil services exam
for the IAS the minimum eligibility is that one should be a graduate with a minimum of the 60% of the marks in the 10th , 12th and graduation
for other information please visit the official website :
http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th May 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

one says IT student can aplly for IES and one says not eligible can anybody plz clear this confusion
that being an IT student ..........eligible for IES exam or not?plzzzzzzzzzz
29th May 2011, 01:01 PM
dk.dk000

one says IT student not eligible and one says eligible ................can anybody plz clear this confusion?????????????
29th May 2011, 01:03 PM
dk.dk000

Thumbs down Re: Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by surendergora View Post
Yes, its true that IT engineers are not eligible for IES, only candidates belonging to Civil , Electrical & Mechanical are eligibile for IES.
are u sure??????????
1st June 2011, 10:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey 1425 View Post
Hello sir,
I want to ask you that being a student of I.T. may I eligible for preparing the entrance exams of IES ? Please suggest me if there is any criteria for preparing the entrance exams, because I heard from my seniors that I.T. Engineers. are not eligible for IES entrance exam. Is it true ? or just a myth ?.

But i have a keen interest in IES entrance exams so please guide me as soon as possible.
THANKS
Indian Engineering Service (IES) exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.
This exam is conducted in the two step.
1. Preliminary exam.
2. Main exam.
Some important information for IES exam is given below:
A) Eligibility Criteria:
1. A candidate must have a engineering degree from a recognize university in the discipline of electrical, electronics, civil, mechanical engineering.
2. The final year student of engineering are also eligible for this exam.
B) Age Criteria:
1. for general category the age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of filling the form.
2. For SC/ST student the upper age relaxation is 5 years.
3. For OBC student the upper age relaxation is 3 years and for PD candidate the upper age relaxation is 10 years.
For more details please see the given website:
http://www.upsc.gov.in
Visit website.
14th June 2011, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

sir um an ece studnt,nd dis is my final yr of b-tch...am i eligible for the test??
20th July 2011, 10:45 AM
abhi789
Banned

it is confirmed that you are not eligible for ies exam because you don't have any core branch.
21st July 2011, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

yes they are eligible.
3rd August 2011, 03:39 PM
btcs11

sorry friend IT students are not eligible for IES(Indian Engineering Services) exam.
IES exams is conducted by UPSC for engineers once in every year.
The eligibility for IES exam in terms of academic qualification is:
a bachelors degree in engineering from any of the following branches:
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

As your stream of engineering is Information Technology it does not come under eligible streams for IES exam. So you are not eligible to apply for IES exam friend.
4th August 2011, 12:52 AM
Sehwag6

Yes , you are eligible for ies. The eligibility criteria for ies:- 1)finished graduation in engineering in any branch 2)age limit is 21 to 30years. 3)then you apply union public service commission (upsc). 4)it conducts every year 5)write upsc and get a ies. Best of luck
7th August 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

it students are eliglible for the ies exams but they have to choose subjects from the other branches like et electronics and telecommunication,mech. etc.ok
and there are 12 subjects from your core branches and general knowledge and english...there are total four exams ..2 objective and two subjective....if u got in a range of 500-550.it means u are selected..then u will be called for the interview...----riyaz khan
finally i mean it students are 100% eligible for the IES exams ..ok
is ur confusion clear..
15th October 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

If IT student is not eligible for IES then what r the other options....

Plzzzz anyone help me out.....
10th November 2011, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing my degree(AMICE) in civil engineering from Institution of Civil Engineer.I want to become an IES Officer.I am
eligible with this course.Please tell me.
15th November 2011, 11:38 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hello sir,Indian Engineering Service (IES) exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.
This exam is conducted in the two step.
1. Preliminary exam.
2. Main exam.
Some important information for IES exam is given below:
A) Eligibility Criteria:
1. A candidate must have a engineering degree from a recognize university in the discipline of electrical, electronics, civil, mechanical engineering.
2. The final year student of engineering are also eligible for this exam.
B) Age Criteria:
1. for general category the age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of filling the form.
2. For SC/ST student the upper age relaxation is 5 years.

Thanks,
15th November 2011, 02:29 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,Yes, you are eligible for the IES entrance exam -
Its only a myth that I.T. Engineers are not eligible for IES entrance exam.There is no specific criteria for preparing the entrance exam.
Thanks,
15th November 2011, 04:23 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,Yes, you are eligible for the IES entrance exam -
Its only a myth that I.T. Engineers are not eligible for IES entrance exam.There is no specific criteria for preparing the entrance exam.
Thanks,
29th November 2011, 07:04 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

I am very sorry to say that, you are not eligible for the IES [INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE], conducted by union public service commission [UPSC].

Through this examination, one can apply in governmental departments for their engineering posts.
For appear in this examination, you must have at least a engineering graduation degree from a recognized college in any one of the streams that I have mentioned below-
1.CIVIL ENGINEERING
2.MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
3.ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
4.ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING

The age limit exist for this examination is 21-30 years for the General candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC [non-creamy layer]
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates...

Final years students of engineering can also apply in this examination.

As you are CS ENGINEERING student so you are not eligible for this examination...

Thank you!!
~gamble~
2nd February 2012, 05:07 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey 1425 View Post
Hello sir,

THANKS
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.E.S exam after pass B.Tech in I.T branch..

I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

All the student who pass the engineering are eligible foe I.E.S exam:-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

For I.E.S exam age should be above 21 and below 30 year..
3 year relaxation for ST/SC..

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
7th September 2013, 08:00 AM
falcoon007

HEY,

sorry friend IT students are not eligible for IES(Indian Engineering Services) exam.
IES exams is conducted by UPSC for engineers once in every year.
The eligibility for IES exam in terms of academic qualification is:
a bachelors degree in engineering from any of the following branches:
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

As your stream of engineering is Information Technology it does not come under eligible streams for IES exam. So you are not eligible to apply for IES exam friend.
Though if you want then you will have to choose subjects from the other branches like et electronics and telecommuniant ation,mech. etc.ok
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?