21st August 2012, 11:45 AM
sinitmba

Am i eligible for UGC net exam after MBA?

I am mba finance student result not come i interested the exam in net so how can u valuable information give me and procedure how to apply the net exam what are the details need clear me.thank y

14th September 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am i eligible for UGC net exam after MBA?

Am i eligible for UGC net exam after MBA?

I am mba IT student result not come i interested the exam in net so how can u valuable information give me and procedure how to apply the net exam what are the details need clear me.thank y

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/am-i-eligible-ugc-net-exam-after-mba-913510.html#ixzz26SVMI1EF
15th September 2012, 12:54 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Any person who has post graduation degree can appear for the National Eligibility Test. It does not matter whether you have completed M.Com, M.Tech, MCA or MBA. All these degrees are fine for a candidate to appear for the NET exam.

The National Eligibility Test is conducted for Lectureship and PhD. The responsibility of conducting the exam is given to University Grants Commission (UGC). The National Eligibility Test is conducted twice a year firstly in June and second time in December.

Even though you are waiting for the result of MBA, you can still apply for the National Eligibility Test. However only do so if you are confident of achieving the percentage required for the National Eligibility Test otherwise you would be disqualified later even if managed to pass the NET exam.

The NET exam is very difficult and competitive therefore you must start preparing at least 6 months in advance. Therefore I would suggest that you take up the June 2013 NET exam unless you are confident of preparing for the exam within 3 months. Although it would be better if you take the exam next year as you would also get the confirmation of final results for MBA.

Eligibility

1. To be eligible candidate should be Indian national.

2. The minimum percentage required in post graduation course to appear for NET is 55%.

3. For SC/ST the requirement is 50 percent.

4. Final year students of masters course may also apply but should be able to meet the percentage and submit the degree within 2 years of passing NET exam. Unable to do so they would be disqualified.

5. Your subject for Master degree course would determine which subject you will have to choose for NET exam.

6. The age limit for JRF - Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

7. There is 5 years relaxation for reserve category students.

8. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

9. Neither there is any limit on number of attempts.
15th September 2012, 12:19 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible for UGC net exam after MBA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinitmba View Post
I am mba finance student result not come i interested the exam in net so how can u valuable information give me and procedure how to apply the net exam what are the details need clear me.thank y

NET stands for National Eligibility Test
conducted by UGC every year

>> A candidate must have completed their Post Graduate Degree with at least 55% from Recognized Universities. there are Relaxation Available for SC/ST category.

>> No Age Limit for Applying NET.

>> A candidate must have Nationality of INDIA.

You can download previous years question paper from here: http://ugcnetonline.in/previous_question_papers.php

All the best
15th September 2012, 03:57 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
NET Exam stands for national eligibility test which is conducted by university grant commission.

for net exam,
you must be passed pg course from a recognized university.
maximum age for general student is 28 years,
33 years for obc,sc/st and ph student

NET EXAM PATTERN;-

FOR MORE;-
ugc.ac.in
15th September 2012, 06:07 PM
Astha sinhaa

Hello friend,
Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET as you have master degree. Any candidate who have masters can sit for NET exam.
You must have to secure min 55% in your masters from any recognized university. There will be 5% relaxation for SC/ST candidate.
15th September 2012, 06:29 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for UGC net exam after MBA too as MBA is a post graduate programme and NET exam is for the post graduates who are willing to become a lecturer in various colleges. It does not matter whether you have completed M.Com, M.Tech, MCA or MBA. All these degrees are fine for a candidate to appear for the NET exam.The eligibility criteria for the same is as under-

1. You must be an Indian national.

2. The minimum percentage required in post graduation course to appear for NET is 55%.

3. For SC/ST the requirement is 50 percent.

4. Final year students of masters course may also apply but should be able to meet the percentage and submit the degree within 2 years of passing NET exam. Unable to do so they would be disqualified.

5. Your subject for Master degree course would determine which subject you will have to
choose for NET exam.

6. The age limit for JRF - Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

7. There is 5 years relaxation for reserve category students.

8. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

9. There is no limit on number of attempts.
15th September 2012, 10:47 PM
denwer1

Yes you are eligible for the UGC net exam after mba. As mba is a post graduation and UGC NEt exam is for the post graduate candidates who want become lecturers in various colleges.
23rd October 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

can u say notification date in future approximately
24th October 2012, 05:50 PM
vikalp12

Quote:
u can apply for the NET exam from the UGC website
8th February 2013, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear in net exams as i am 34 years old & also M.com,M.B.A
8th February 2013, 09:18 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Cool Re: Am i eligible for UGC net exam after MBA?

Hello,

SORRY to inform you this but you are not eligible for applying for net exam as according to qualification you must posses post graduation degree with 55 % in any discipline from recognized university .

As you said that you have completed mba degree that means you have passed only graduation degree , and you need to study for more two years in your respective subject that you have taken in graduation level .

so first you have to complete your post graduation then only you can apply for net exam

okay friend ,

good luck !!!
20th March 2013, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLETED MBA HR I DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPLY NET EXAM KINDLY PROVIDE ME THE DETAIL INFORMATION REGARDING EXAM DATE, WHAT ARE SUBJECT TO PREPARE, HOW TO APPLY

REGARDS
MANIMEKALAI.K
24th March 2013, 09:04 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
If your Completed MBA Course then your applicable UGC NET Examination after Completing MBA course . Here i provide the details regarding net Examination please go through it .

Information Regarding NET Examination :-

NET stands for National Eligibility Test . This Examination is conducted by the University Grants Commission for every twice in a year . If your interested in to apply for P.hd Course or Lecturer job then you should crack this NET Examination with good percentage of marks .

The Notification for NET Examination are published in Employment news and Official website of UGC during the Month March / Last date of online Application during the month of April . The Examination is held during the Month of June / December .

To apply for NET Examination you should complete Master degree in any discipline with Minimum 55% percentage of marks from recognized university . If your Belong from sc/st candidate then relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidate for 5% percentage of marks .

Note :- Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this NET Examination . The candidate should be complete Master degree at the participate in this Examination .

Age Limit :-

>>> For Research Fellowship :- Your age should be not more then 28 years and relaxation will be applicable for scs/st candidates .

>>> For Lectureship :- No age limit , Any candidate who satisfy the Educational qualification may eligible to apply for Lectureship .

You may apply for this Examination in both the online as well as offline . You may download the Examination application form from the official website of UGC .

You may also apply for Coaching classes for NET Examination ( ie :- Science Point , Topper IAS , Pathfinder Academy , Zenith Academy etc...). This Coaching Institution may help you to crack the Examination with good percentage of marks .

To crack this Examination you should go through the previous question and refer the various books available in Market . You should practice and Solve the previous question and find our your weaker section then definitely you may crack the NET Examination with good percentage of marks .

So, After Completing your MBA Course ,, your applicable for NET Entrance Examination ..

For Further Information Please Click Here :- http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
8th April 2013, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

UGC website says the June 23rd 2013 exam is mainly for science and Engineering related subjects. Will there be a separate date announced for MBA graduates. Please suggest the procedure.

regards,
Anu

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoysis View Post
If your Completed MBA Course then your applicable UGC NET Examination after Completing MBA course . Here i provide the details regarding net Examination please go through it .

Information Regarding NET Examination :-

NET stands for National Eligibility Test . This Examination is conducted by the University Grants Commission for every twice in a year . If your interested in to apply for P.hd Course or Lecturer job then you should crack this NET Examination with good percentage of marks .

The Notification for NET Examination are published in Employment news and Official website of UGC during the Month March / Last date of online Application during the month of April . The Examination is held during the Month of June / December .

To apply for NET Examination you should complete Master degree in any discipline with Minimum 55% percentage of marks from recognized university . If your Belong from sc/st candidate then relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidate for 5% percentage of marks .

Note :- Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this NET Examination . The candidate should be complete Master degree at the participate in this Examination .

Age Limit :-

>>> For Research Fellowship :- Your age should be not more then 28 years and relaxation will be applicable for scs/st candidates .

>>> For Lectureship :- No age limit , Any candidate who satisfy the Educational qualification may eligible to apply for Lectureship .

You may apply for this Examination in both the online as well as offline . You may download the Examination application form from the official website of UGC .

You may also apply for Coaching classes for NET Examination ( ie :- Science Point , Topper IAS , Pathfinder Academy , Zenith Academy etc...). This Coaching Institution may help you to crack the Examination with good percentage of marks .

To crack this Examination you should go through the previous question and refer the various books available in Market . You should practice and Solve the previous question and find our your weaker section then definitely you may crack the NET Examination with good percentage of marks .

So, After Completing your MBA Course ,, your applicable for NET Entrance Examination ..

For Further Information Please Click Here :- http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
26th April 2013, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

I have done MBA finance from a Non-AIcte approved college. Am I eligible for NET ?
4th May 2013, 02:42 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

After completing MBA yes you are eligible for NET..........
See the details below:

National Eligibility Test (NET) is the national level entrance examination in India for postgraduate candidates who wish to qualify for admission in PhD research and/or university level teaching jobs in India.

This Examination is conducted by the University Grants Commission for every twice in a year .

Eligibility Criteria for National Eligibility Test (NET):
Educational Qualification:
  • Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ ST/ PH/ VH) (without rounding off) in Master's Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/ institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for this Test.
  • Final year candidates can also apply. Such candidates must complete their PG degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
Age Limit:
  • Lectureship NET: Minimum 19 years, no upper age limit
  • JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) NET: Minimum 19 years; maximum 28 years
5th May 2013, 01:21 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i appear in net exams as i am 34 years old & also M.com,M.B.A
YES, you are Eligible to apply for the UGC-NET exams

NET Exam is conducted for:
Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Age Limit:
Lectureship-No age limit
JRF-maximum age to apply is 28 years
OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years

So, you can only apply for Lectureship
4th June 2013, 11:35 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes , you're applicable for UGC NET Entrance Examination after Completing you're MBA Course .

The candidate who have Finished Master degree course in any discipline from recognized university are applicable for UGC NET Entrance Examination .

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this Entrance Examination is Conducted by University Grants Commission . If your aspiring to Become an Lecturer in College than you should Qualified in NET Examination .

NET Examination Conducts Examination for two Post Namely,

=Lectureship Posts
=Junior Research Fellowship

::: Eligibility Criteria for UGC Net Examination :::

Educational qualification :-

## The Applicant should have a citizen of India

## The Applicant should Hold Master degree in any discipline from recognized University

## The Applicant should have to minimum 55% of marks in his graduation course.

## If the Applicant belong from sc/st category than 5% Percentage relaxation will applicable

## Final year Applicant may also eligible to apply for this Examination

Age Limit:-

## There is No age limit for lectureship

## To apply for Junior Research Fellowship than the Applicant age should be less than 28 years at the Appear in this UGC NET Examination .

Notification for UNG NET Entrance Examination :-
  • Last date of submission of Application :- 30th/04/2013
  • Late date of Submission of Fee at any SBI Branch :- 2nd /05/2013
  • Late date of Application Form Prinout :- 5th/05/2013
  • Late date of Reciving Completed Form at the respective University :- 8th/05/20123
  • Date of Examination :- 30th/06/2013

Application Procedure :-

You may apply for this Entrance Examination in Online Mode Only and there is no Offline Mode in this NET Entrance Examination . The Notification for this Entrance Examination released in Employment news paper and Official website of UGC NET.

Application Fees -

-For General candidates :- Rs.450 /-
-For OBC candidates :- Rs.225/-
-For SC/ST candidates :- Rs.110/-

For More Information Please Visit Here :- http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
9th July 2013, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,

i have done my M.COM and i am interested to take U.G.C. exam with economics so may i eligible ?
12th August 2013, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE EXPLAIN THE PROCESS OF APPLYING FOR UGC NET FROM BANK CHALLAN ? WHERE WILL WE GET THE CHALLAN COPY WHICH WILL BE SUBMITTED IN BANK? AND WHAT IS THE NEXT PROCESS ? PLEASE EXPLAIN .....
26th October 2013, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

Can you plaese suggest me the Procedure . I am Pursuing MBA & In final year. when am filing the form there is no option available for MBA - Finance Students.

Please advice wheathe i have to select Management.

Please advice
20th February 2014, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

I have done MBA Diploma from YMCA of one year after my graduation.. m i eligible to give NET ?
22nd April 2014, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

i have completed PGPM Three years MBA level course from imt-cdl ghaziabad. can i appear for ugc net exam for lectureship?
16th March 2018, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MBA in IT specialization in 2016. Am I eligible for UGC NET exam?
and with which one subject please tell me anyone of you. thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?