5th January 2010, 11:06 AM
NAFISA ALI SAYYAD

Am I eligible for UPSC exam if I am 33 years old? In which newspaper newspaper will the advertisement get published?

R/Sir,

Myself NAFISA ALI SAYYAD, i am belonging to the open category & my date of birth is 14/6/1978. I want to participate in the UPSC Examination plz guide me is there any resolution for me to attend the concern exam. And when the advertisement published in which newspaper ?

12th May 2011, 08:19 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam if I am 33 years old? In which newspaper newspaper will the advertisement get published?

if you belong to the open category then i am very sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for the ias exam because your age is above 21 30 years and the upper cut of for the ias exam is 30 years so you are not eligible .i am attaching this years notification you can make sure from it,
generally the notification for the ias exam comes in the end of January or starting of February
Attached Files
File Type: pdf civil services notification.pdf(346.9 KB, 107 views)
12th May 2011, 08:20 AM
ajay kumar75

Default Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam if I am 33 years old? In which newspaper newspaper will the advertisement get published?

The upper age limit for upsc is 28 year for general category. The advt get published in almost all national newspaper and employment news.
12th May 2011, 09:00 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Actually there are many examinations conducted by the UPSC some of them namely are CDS,NDA,CSAT,IES,IFS,SCRA..etc.If you would have mentioned the exam/post you have to go through then we would have helped you in a better manner.

The notification and other details are released in the official website of the UPSC given below:-
http://www.upsc.gov.in

For majority of the exams conducted by the UPSC like CSAT the upper age limit is around 30 but don't worry there are many more examinations conducted by the UPSC whose upper age limit is beyond 33.The notifications are even published in the weekly journal "Employment News" and even in daily newspapers like "The Hindu".
12th May 2011, 11:35 AM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
To appear in UPSC exam age limit is 21-31yr. (general category). UPSC conducts exams for the purpose of governmental vacancies, for reserved categories there is relaxation in age. UPSC conducts several exams to select top class officers as IAS, IPS, CDS, And other alloyed services.generally commencement of examination is published in 'employement newspaper'. For more information you can visit the official site of UPSC-www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2011, 12:52 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

You have not specified which exam.There are many exams conducted by UPSC like NDA,NA,CDS,IAS,IES,IFS,SCRA,etc.You can visit the official website of UPSC for details.

http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2011, 01:30 PM
simha5top

upsc exams such as CIVILS,NDA,IES,etc........ will have an age limit of 20 - 28 years except sc/st it is + 5 years age relaxsation.
12th May 2011, 01:41 PM
simha5top

CIVILS,NDA,IES,etc......... have age limit of 20 - 28 years but for SC/ST there is age relaxation of + 5 years age.

u can know the upsc exams and futher govt. exams from employment news paper. paper is released weekly once
12th May 2011, 03:08 PM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam if I am 33 years old? In which newspaper newspaper will the advertisement get published?

there are many feature in UPSE so first define in which course is sutable for you then try
12th May 2011, 03:10 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for UPSC exam if I am 33 years old? In which newspaper newspaper will the advertisement get published?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFISA ALI SAYYAD View Post
R/Sir,

Myself NAFISA ALI SAYYAD, i am belonging to the open category & my date of birth is 14/6/1978. I want to participate in the UPSC Examination plz guide me is there any resolution for me to attend the concern exam. And when the advertisement published in which newspaper ?
I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible for UPSC exem,because the age lomit for this exem is till 30 years and now you are 33,so...
But also you can check the eligibillity factor for upsc exem by the given link...

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
12th November 2011, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

please tell me which exam i can give in upsc i am 33
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?