10th June 2011, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Any possible difference between Biotechnology and Biomedical?

Is there any difference between biotechnology and biomedical...please tell me the diff

Related Questions:
  1. What is the best biotechnology course?
  2. Difference between M.Sc(Biotechnology) and M.Sc(Clinical research)?
  3. Is it possible to pursue biotechnology course in higher studies after completion of biomedical course? -- [New]
  4. Which course is better for engineering between Biotechnology and Biomedical?
  5. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  6. Which branch should I choose after 12th to get the maximum salary, Electrical or Mechanical?
  7. Can we do M.Tech bio medical after b.tech in biotech? What is the eligibility criteria followed?
  8. Which is the best college for Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Agriculture and Irrigation engineering in Anna University?
  9. How to do diploma in Biomedical after BSc? I am doing TY Biomedical
  10. Are Biomedical engineering Students eligible to join M.Tech Biotechnology?
  11. Mtech in Biomedical Engineering after Btech in Industrial Biotechnology?
  12. Will it be good to pursue M.Tech in Biomedical Engineering after B.Tech Biotechnology? What are the job prospects in this area?
  13. Which is better among studying M.Sc(Biotechnology) in JNU and studying Integrated PhD in Biomedical Sciences in Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research, DU?
  14. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is this possible to do Biotechnology after the completion of BCA? Difference between Biotechnology and Bio-Informatics?
  16. Best institutes offering biomedical engineering?
  17. What is the exact difference between M.Tech and Ph.D Biotechnology? What kind of work one has to do after completion of the course?
  18. Can I do Biomedical Enginering if I do PCB? Best institutes for Biomedical Engineering? Qualifications required for Biomedical Engineering?
10th October 2011, 07:52 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Default Re: Any possible difference between Biotechnology and Biomedical?

Key differentiators between Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology:

* Biomedical engineering is the engineering field which appliers several principles of technology in the field of medicine and biology whereas Biotechnology is the research oriented science field which involves the use of biological organisms for different industrial purposes.

Although Biochemical engineering and Biotechnology integrates engineering with medicine or biology, the two fields are dissimilar in many aspects.

Both the Biomedical engineering and Biotechnology comes under the engineering field and is related to some areas in biology. Even though the two specializations overlap to some extend, there are lots of differences between them. Biomedical engineering is the field which uses the principles of engineering and technology and applies them in the specified areas of biology. Biotechnology is the science discipline which involves the study of tiny organisms and technology.
7th May 2012, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

which is better biomedical engineering or bio technology
19th January 2013, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Which course is better- whether bio technology or bio medical enginering ? Which course is better for getting jobs ? What sort of jobs do we get ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?