26th August 2012, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Is Architecture engineering best course for girls?

Is it the Architecture engineering is the best course for girls?

27th August 2012, 11:29 PM
suvendum14

Default Re: Is Architecture engineering best course for girls?

No,
I dont think that Architecture is the best course for girls...
because it needs physical labour and field work..
So,I dont think that it is Best choice for girls...
Actually the best course for Girls is CSE, and IT...
Girl can also take ECE...
thank you...
28th August 2012, 02:42 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello,

No,
I dont think that Architecture is the best course for girls...
because it needs physical labour and field work..
So,I dont think that it is Best choice for girls...
Actually the best course for Girls is CSE, and IT...
Girl can also take ECE...
thank you...

regards
28th August 2012, 09:03 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

These days girls do not care about such things. One example is that half the seats for Civil and Mechanical Engineering are being occupied by the girls. These 2 streams are generally not suited well for the girls. Few years back, hardly any girl used to take admission for B.Tech in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.

But still to answer your question, Architecture Engineering is not ideal for the girls. If you want to do Engineering then I would suggest that you choose either Computer Science Engineering or the Electronics and Communications Engineering course.

Ask anyone and he would recommend either CSE or the ECE. You also have the option of IT, but I don't recommend B.Tech in IT to anyone. It is better to do Computer Science Engineering instead, because it has more benefits over IT.

Now to further narrow down the choices for you. Computer Science Engineering is considered easy in comparison to ECE. This course provides good knowledge of softwares and hardwares along with programming languages like C++, Java, Oracle. I would only recommend Computer Science Engineering if you want to make carrer in IT Industry.

On the other hand Electronics and Communication Engineering is evergreen field of Engineering. It too can offer jobs in IT field. In fact Infosys hires more ECE candidates then CSE. So you may want to remember that while making the choice.

Other advantages of ECE are that it can offer you government jobs in Public Sector Undertakings or in various government departments by appearing for the Indian Engineering Service Exam.

Even in the private sector, apart from the IT industry, ECE offer jobs in Consumer Electronics and the Telecom sector. Both sectors are growing very strongly in India. Consumer Electronics is considered as recession proof. You may want to factor that too considering the health of economy is not good.

To make it short if you want to decide between CSE and the ECE my recommendation would be Electronics and Communication Engineering.
28th August 2012, 05:47 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
Yes Architecture is among the best course in India.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the exam like:-
> A.I.E.E.E
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> B.I.T.S.A.T
etc

Top architecture colleges of India:-
SCHOOL OF PLANNING & ARCHITECTURE,

IIT, KHARAGPUR

IIT,ROORKEE

CENTRE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING & TECHNOLOGY

CHANDIGARH COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE

SIR J.J.COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE

BENGAL ENGINEERING COLLEGE

JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY

all the best!
28th August 2012, 07:05 PM
CHOGC

Thumbs up Re: Is Architecture engineering best course for girls?

Obviously yes, dear friend.
Architecture has a bright future. A very few are opting for Architecture now a days. So, it is not a bad option. Even if you are ready for placement, you can go for any company related to it even when you are in the campus itself. And more over it is a under shelter job(No need of striving hard outside the shelter like Mechanical engineering after your course). So, I suggest that Architecture engineering is best course for girls. All the best for your future.
28th August 2012, 09:26 PM
kamal1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear friend,
i dont think its the best course for girls but yes it is very good course if you are good in science and drawing. but the main part in architecture is interest. if you are interested in architecture then you should take it.
also there are many branches like comp.sc, IT and also Electronics and engineering which girls can choose as per there interest. for all these branches you should be good in maths. I also want to warn you that if you are not good in these subjects then it will become very difficult for you in future.
25th June 2013, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

sir /madam,
how r placements in architecture engineering if done at iit?
22nd May 2016, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Why architecture is not good for girls.. we do have power to occupy field work and we do have strength to do it . I think it is good for girls too
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?