27th January 2016, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

B.Sc Physics graduate can appear in AIPMT to do MBBS?

I have completed my bsc(hons)physics with physics as my core subject and maths as a subsidiary subject and chemistry as an elective subject. But now i wants to do mbbs so what are the criteria for aipmt for me am i eligible for aipmt?

27th January 2016, 02:40 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Sc Physics graduate can appear in AIPMT to do MBBS?

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test.

This entrance exam is conducted by CBSE for MBBS course in government medical colleges.

It does not matter what you have studied at bachelor's degree. To be eligible for AIPMT exam, a candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology at 10+2 level and should have scored at least 50% marks in it.

The upper age limit for exam is 25 years.

If you meet above criteria, you can apply for exam otherwise not.
27th January 2016, 07:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me make you clear that the minimum qualification required to appear in all India pre medical entrance test is 12th with physics, chemistry and Biology as main core subjects.
As you are physics Honours student and you didn't have Biology as the main subject in 12th so you are not eligible to appear in AIPMT.
27th January 2016, 09:28 PM
ruthless
Member+

No, having BSc physics graduate you cannot appear in AIPMT to do MBBS.
The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in AIPMT to qualified 12th with physics ,chemistry and Biology with at least 50% marks from recognised board.
Age limit should in between 17 to 25 and relaxation is given to SC ST categories of 5 years and 3 years to OBCs.
Hence you are not eligible to appear.
27th January 2016, 09:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test. AIPMT examination is conducted by CBSE every year.

If you have 10+2 with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main paper then you are eligible to appear for examination. Candidate's age must be between 17-25 years as on 31st December of year of appearing for examination.

The application form for examination is available now and for more details about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.
28th January 2016, 05:18 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

AIPMT stands for All India Pre Medical Test.

Eligibility criteria to write AIPMT are as under:-

Candidate must have passed their 12th with a recognized school or college.

Candidate must have science in their 12th that is Physics, Chemistry, Biology as their main subject along with English as compulsory subject.

Candidate age must be minimum 16 years and maximum of 25 years.

Candidate which comes under reserved category is given age relaxation of 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.

Candidate must have at least 50% marks in 12th.

Therefore, you are not eligible to appear in AIPMT after B.Sc Physics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?