27th April 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Is a B.Tech Computer Science student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam?

i am pusuing B.tech from computer science & in 2nd year my aim to be ies . I wanted to know
am i eligible to be an ies throuth upse...what is the eligibility criteria

thakns

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure and criteria of B.Tech entrance exam for 3 years Diploma in Computer Science? Is there lateral entry exam for polytechnic student?
  2. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  3. Eligibility criteria for IAS examination?
  4. Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing computer science and engineering?
  5. Am i eligible to sit for ISI exam if I am a student of computer science(BSc) Hons
  6. Can a computer science engineering student give IAS exam and IES?
  7. Am I eligible for a job after B.Tech? I am a B.Tech 3rd year computer science student
  8. Acturial science entrance exam after 12th standard? Eligibility criteria?
  9. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech computer science after MCA? Scope of M.Tech in Computer science? Can a student pursue M.Tech in CS from IIT or NIT after MCA?
  10. Can I apply for the IAS exam if I have completed diploma course in tools?
  11. Am I eligible for ISRO entrance exam while doing M.Tech in Computer Science? -- [New]
  12. Eligibility criteria of IAS exam 2016? A 20 years old candidate is eligible for IAS 2016?
  13. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of PhD(Computer Science) entrance exam conducted by Osmania University?
  14. Am I eligible for CDAC exam after passing BSc Computer science with 73% and MSc Mathematics with 80%?
  15. Is there any course available to do after completion of diploma in computer science?
  16. Any chance for B.Tech computer science student passouts to apply for IES entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria for the same?
  17. What is the Eligibility Criteria for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Criteria for eligibility for NDA entrance exam?
28th April 2011, 09:29 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is a B.Tech Computer Science student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am pusuing B.tech from computer science & in 2nd year my aim to be ies . I wanted to know

thakns
IES Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualifications :

Degree in :
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent degree from recognized universities.

yes you are eligible........

• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

so there is no percentage is required only pass out of final student are enough..

Age Limits :

Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years
28th April 2011, 10:24 AM
aaqibyousf

Default Re: Is a B.Tech Computer Science student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam?

Ya,you are eligible.
Eligibility criteria:
b.tech in electrical,electronics and communication,computer etc.
28th April 2011, 10:32 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Is a B.Tech Computer Science student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam?

Quote:

thakns
Eligibility for the Indian Engineering Services

Indian Engineering Services examination is conducted by the UPSC every
year. To apply for this examination a candidate should need the following eligibility criteria.

Education Qualification
To apply for the IES examination a candidate should have a degree in any of
the following subjects

Electrical Engineering

Electronics & Communications Engineering

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Age Limit
For the IES examination candidate age should be between 21 to 30 years.

For more information visit the UPSC web site
www.upsc.gov.in
28th April 2011, 10:57 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a B.Tech Computer Science student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam?

you have not clearly mentioned about which examination you want to know IAS or IES. IAS and IES is totally different examination.

IAS is Indian administrative services for which eligibility criterion is candidate should have minimum of graduation degree in any discipline. for IAS you have to appear in civil service examination which is conducted by UPSC. after completion of B.Tech in computer science you will be eligible for civil service examination. for information on civil service examination visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in

IES is Indian Engineering Services. for this examination the eligible four branch of engineering are
Category I—Civil Engineering.
Category II—Mecahnical Engineering.
Category III—Electrical Engineering.
Category IV—Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

so for IES examination you will not be eligible. IES examination is also conducted by UPSC. you may visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in for more information.

best wishes.
28th April 2011, 11:47 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for IAS

IAS:- Age limits :- 21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for
SCs/STs, OBCs).

Educational Qualifications :- Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university
with at least one of the subjects namely
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

No. of permissible attempts :-for genrel 4 attempts
for OBCs 7 attemps and no limit for SCs/STs
28th April 2011, 11:54 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Quote:

thakns
Indian Engineering Services (IES)

Hi,

I am sorry to inform you that computer engineering candidates are not eligible for IES examination.

Here i have provided the

Eligibility Criteria Indian Engineering Services(IES)

B.E/B.Tech Degree in
• Electrical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

Age Criteria:

Minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years for General.

Relaxation in age for OBC- 3 years and for SC/ST-5 years.

For complete details please visit official website of UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best...
28th April 2011, 12:02 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring.

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
28th April 2011, 02:08 PM
roligupta91

Quote:

thakns
i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelorĺs degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
28th April 2011, 02:15 PM
NEIL6

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification is the eligibility for this test...........
28th April 2011, 02:16 PM
NEIL6

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification is the eligibility for this test...........
28th April 2011, 02:24 PM
vijaybhattoo07

Academic Eligibility for IAS Exams

* A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.
* Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.
* The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission.

* Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
* Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However they must submit along with their Main Examination application, a certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they have passed the final professional medical examination. At the Interview stage they must then produce a certificate from a competent authority that they have completed (including internship) all the requirements for the award of the Medical Degree.

Other Eligibility Conditions for IAS Exams

(1) Nationality
i. Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.
ii. For other services a candidate can be either of the following:

a. a citizen of India,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
e. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vietnam, Zaire or Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India. Candidates belonging to either categories of b., c., d. or e., must produce an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India. Those who belong to either of b., c., or d., categories are not eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

(2) Age Limit
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
o on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
o on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
o on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
28th April 2011, 05:22 PM
hari om yadav

Yes you are eligible.
The eligibity criteria for become an IAS -
You should graduate in any stream .the age between in 21 to 30 years.
29th April 2011, 09:12 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is a B.Tech Computer Science student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria of the exam?

Yeah ofcourse you are eligible if you do B.tech Computer Science

IAS is an central service and also deeply regarded as d most prestigious job..

Like this service there are other 24 services for which a common entrance test is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification if you have completed Degree then definitely you are eligible for the exam..

You can go through the examination code for Civil Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.

www.upsc.gov.in

regards

~aditya~
31st May 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

i am a IT 3rd yr student ... am i eligible for IAS exam??
11th June 2011, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm studying B.Tech 1st year i'm willing to choose CSE.is it best or not
15th June 2011, 07:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

thakns

B.E/B.Tech Degree in
• Electrical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

you are computer science background so you are not eligible for this post.
2nd August 2011, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

whether b.tech computer science students are eligible for crashing IES?
13th September 2011, 02:03 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:

thakns

No if you do your engineering with computer science branch then its very

difficult for you to give IES exam.Its impossible for any computer science

branch student for giving IES exam.

IES exam only for some core branches.The following branches are eligible for

giving IES exam.

MECHENICAL ENGINEERING

CIVIL ENGINEEIRNG

ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION

So only these are some branch students of engineering who are eligible for

IES exam.

One thing also important that you should passed your graduation degree after

that you can give IES exam.
14th September 2011, 03:20 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Respected sir,
AIEEE Eligibility Criteria The minimum academic qualification for appearing in ... XII) in 2012 or passed in 2008 or before are not eligible to appear in AIEEE. Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. and B. Arch./B. Planning Courses shall be as under: ... Computer Science
Thanks,
14th September 2011, 07:55 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Sorry, as you are from CSE(Computer Science Engineering) background you are not eligible for IAS(Indian Administrative Services) examination.Only the following stream are eligible for this purpose.....

1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering

Good day.
14th September 2011, 07:59 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Sorry, as you are from CSE(Computer Science Engineering) background you are not eligible for IAS(Indian Administrative Services) examination.Only the following stream are eligible for this purpose.....

1. Civil Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering

Good day.
12th October 2011, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

is an electronics and instrumentation engineer eligible for ias examination?
15th October 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Is a B.E Info. tech student eligible to answer IAS entrance exam ? what is the eligiblity criteria of the xam ?
15th October 2011, 09:34 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is basically for those who are firmly determined for dedication of themselves towards the own country.

If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers, Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam

1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

No.Of Attemptes:

General Candidates - 4 Attempts

OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts

SC/ST Candidates - No Limits.

The General Studies paper and one Optional paper both the papers are the compulsory paper.

according to the list of optional paper are as:
1) Psychology

2) Commerce and Accountancy

3) History

4) Geography

5) Physics

6) Medical Science

7) Law

8) Mathematics

9) Mechanical Engineering

10) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

11) Public Administration

12) Agriculture

13) Sociology

14) Botany

15) Chemistry

16) Geology

17) Electrical Engineering

18) Civil Engineering

19) Economics

20) Philosophy

21) Zoology

22) Political Science

23) Statistics

for some questions or subjects follow the link:http://www.iupsc.com/label/ias/
6th December 2011, 07:16 AM
Unregistered

sir i am doing b.tech from IT branch. am i eligible for IAS and IES exams?
27th June 2012, 12:29 PM
janvi roy

Dear friend,IES stands for Indian Engineering Services..,which is conducted by UPSC every year. To qualify for the exam you need to complete minimum B.E or B.Tech and sit for the exam. You must complete through mechanical,civil,electronic and communicational or electrical stream.Age limits:20-30 for general candidates..For more please visit the official government website. Thank you. Regards.Thank you. Best of luck. Regards.
28th June 2012, 11:27 AM
aatif1

Please be more specific regarding your question. Your question title asks for eligibility of IAS exam but your question reads as eligibility for IES exam.

Let me tell you that IAS and IES are completely different exams.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.
If you have completed your BTech in computer scienc then you will be eligible for IAS. However generally engineering students don't opt for IAS.

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services.
The education qualifications for IES eligibility is that you have to complete BE/BTech in either of the following four streams:-
1)Mechanical engineering
2)Civil engineering
3)Electrical engineering
4)Electronics and communication engineering

OR

MSc. M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.

NOTE-Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.

Hence if you have done BTEch in computer science then you need to complete your MSc. to be eligible for the exam.

You also need to be between 21-30 years of age to be eligible for the exam.

For more details related to IAS and IES visit the website 'www.upsc.gov.in'

NOTE-UPSC stands for Union Public Services Commission. This body conducts the IES exam.

best of luck!!!
3rd January 2013, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Can Graduation from Production Engineering(B-Tech) apply for IES exam from mechanical field....???
1st February 2013, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

is a b.tech computer science student eligible for IES entrance exam? what is the eligibility criteria of the exam?
1st February 2013, 11:17 PM
siddharthawasthi

hello friend.
first of all i want to tell you one thing that IAS i.e Indian Administrative services and IES i.e Indian Engineering Services are two different things.
Every graduate from recognised university is eligible to appear in the IAS exams.
and B.tech in some branches like
1)Mechanical engineering
2)Civil engineering
3)Electrical engineering
4)Electronics and communication engineering
and some other branches of sciences are eligible...so as a computer science graduate you are not eligible for IES but you can apply for the IAS exam.
goodluck.
5th May 2013, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

After doing 'A' Level course from National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (Formerly DOEACC Society)
can I eligible for UPSC IAS Exam.
Please answer me on my e-mail address [email protected] .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?