11th August 2016, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

Being a 16 years old 10th standard student can I appear in TOEFL?

I will complete my 10th standard at the age of 16 years. I want to know if i would be eligible to appear in Toefl after completing my 10th?

11th August 2016, 08:26 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a 16 years old 10th standard student can I appear in TOEFL?

TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. It is a Standardised test conducted by Educational Testing Service (ETS), this test measures the English Language fluency of a person who wish to go Abroad for pursuing higher studies or for Immigration purpose.

There is no specific age limit or qualification required to appear in TOEFL examination. Any candidate irrespective of qualification, age, etc., are eligible to appear in TOEFL examination. The TOEFL examination score is valid for a period of 2 years.

As per the data you have provided in your query, you will complete your 10th standard at the age of 16 years, as there is no age limit required to appear in TOEFL examination, you are eligible to appear in TOFEL examination.
11th August 2016, 08:48 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

TOEFL stands for Test of English as Foreign Language and the examination is conducted for admission of candidates in mainly North American countries for higher studies.

The minimum qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board. There is no age limit to appear for examination.

The fee for appearing for examination is about Rs 11000 as per Indian Rupee in respect of American Dollar.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination now. The examination is conducted for test of English proficiency.
11th August 2016, 11:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will complete my 10th standard at the age of 16 years. I want to know if i would be eligible to appear in Toefl after completing my 10th?
Yes, you can appear for TOEFL entrance exam.

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language.

There is no specific eligibility criteria is required to appear in TOEFL examination.

TOEFL exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in Reading, writing, Listening and Speaking sections of English language.
12th August 2016, 12:09 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

TOEFL is an entrance examination is basically a English proficiency test held for seeking admission in abroad universities for higher studies.

The basic educational qualification required for the same examination is a higher secondary school from a recognized board.

So being a Class 10th student you are not eligible for appearing in the same at this stage but after completing your Class 12th you will be eligible for the same.

For more details and updates regarding the same examination you can log on to the link www.ets.org .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?