11th November 2015, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Being an English honors student should I choose another field for IFS?

I have completed my hsc and doing graduation in eng literature
But should I choose another field for ifs or my hsc qualification would suffice
If there is no need for graduation then I can enroll for the exams asap

11th November 2015, 10:49 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being an English honors student should I choose another field for IFS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my hsc and doing graduation in eng literature
But should I choose another field for ifs or my hsc qualification would suffice
If there is no need for graduation then I can enroll for the exams asap
No you wont be able to able to sit for any civil service examination until and unless you complete your graduation first. That is the first and foremost condition which everyone needs to fulfill before sitting for this examination. So my advice to you would be to complete your graduation first in your chosen field and then sit for the exam with full preparation.

IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

Citizenship: You need to be a citizen of India.

Qualification: You need to have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age Criteria: 21 to 30 years

Number of Attempts:

-General Category: Six times
-OBC Category: Nine times
-SC/ST Category: Unlimited

Exam Pattern:-

Preliminary Exam: There will be compulsory two papers of 200 marks each. For each paper you will be given 2 hours. An extra time period of 20 mins have been kept reserved for the blind candidates.

Main Exam:- For the main exam there will be two compulsory papers- General English and General Knowledge. For each paper 300 marks have been allotted. Then there will also be Paper III, IV, V & VI for which two subjects have to be selected from the list of optional subjects.

Interview or Personality Test: 300 marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?