3rd February 2015, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I choose Chemistry in 2nd paper of Indian Forest Service recruitment exam being a English undergraduate SC student?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a student from science stream(PCB student- Physics, Chemistry, Biology). I did not have maths at 10 2 level. Presently, I had to switch over to pursue English Honours due to some family reasons but I am good in chemistry. This is my final year in English Honours. I am interested to be an IFS(Indian Foreign Service) Officer. Please, inform whether I am eligible to appear for it in the coming year or not. I would be highly obliged if you kindly send the necessary details regarding its eligibility and the books that are required to prepare. I belong to the SC category. Being an English Honours student, may I select chemistry as an optional subject for the second paper? Please, send the answer to me.

Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Are commerce students eligible to join Indian Forest Service?
  2. Eligibility to appear in Indian Forest Service exam for B.Sc(Zoology, Biotechnology and Chemistry) student?
  3. Best books for veterinary science to prepare for IFS?
  4. How to find a career in Forest Department other than by IFS Exam and IIFM being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of Chemical Engineering?
  5. What should I study in 11th standard to become Indian Forest Service exam?
  6. Indian Forest Service, Statistics Paper I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Indian Forest Service, Physics Paper I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. How should I become an IFS officer while studying in class 12th(PCM)
  9. Indian Forest Service, Physics Paper II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Indian Forest Service, Statistics Paper II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. What degree is required to become a collector? can I write it after holding BSc degree?
  12. How to join Indian Forest Service after scoring 6.8 CGPA in 10th exam? Which stream should I choose? I want to take science
  13. Eligibility to apply in Indian Forest Service exam for B.Tech(IT) 3rd year student?
  14. Best coaching centre in Kolkata for Indian Forest Service and Indian Economic Service? How to prepare for them?
  15. Can I apply for Indian Forest Service Exam after doing B.Tech ECE? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What is IFS stands for? In which service I will get work after qualifying in UPSC exam, Forest or Foreign?
  17. How to choose my subject combination to crack Indian Forest Service exam? I am from Agriculture background
  18. Is there any job in Indian Forest Service for Computer Science graduate?
5th May 2017, 05:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I choose Chemistry in 2nd paper of Indian Forest Service recruitment exam being a English undergraduate SC student?

For Indian Foreign Service job, you need to qualify UPSC civil services exam. Any graduate can appear for it, just make sure your age is according to the eligibility criteria.

In case of optional subjects, you can choose according to your choice. There is no compulsion to select a particular subject according to the graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?