11th May 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best Graduation degree to pursue for getting qualified in IPS Preliminary and Main Exam?

what is the best graduate degree for passing prelims and main exam which most of the students pursue for passing ips ??

11th May 2012, 02:32 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which is the best Graduation degree to pursue for getting qualified in IPS Preliminary and Main Exam?

Students from any discipline is eligible to apply in IPS.

Provided

• They have done their Graduation from recognized university/institution.
• They are not more than 30 yrs old (relaxation for sc/st/obc).
• you have the fitness level which is expected by UPSC for IPS .

you can do your graduation in any discipline it will not affect any thing it is just that you should have done your graduation from recognized university.

In Preliminary Examination you will find questions on General Awareness and Studies and on General Aptitude.

Clearing Preliminary Examination is equally tough or easy for any discipline degree holder.

In Main examination Pattern you will be asked question on Your chosen subjects,English language and Any of Your chosen Indian Language.

This will also be depend on candidate that he/she must choose subjects in which he/she can perform well.

Choose the discipline of Graduation in which you can excel and have that much interest that the subject becomes your passion and you feel no burden while studying it.

For IPS you may need to study for long hours like 8 to 10.

so, subjects should be like in which you have lot of interest.

No discipline candidate have any preference in IPS .

Harder you work luckier you get.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?