3rd August 2013, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I get give IAS and IPS preliminary and mains exam?

Sir: I'm doing B.tech in electronics but can i give ias and ips ,preliminary and mains exams beside my degree like public add , history, political etc...

Related Questions:
  1. What to do after 12th board exam to become an IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How should I appear for IAS exam? Books to be read for IAS mains?
  3. Detailed information regarding IAS Exam?
  4. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Best books for IAS for preliminary and mains examination? Do we have optional subjects in CSAT?
  6. Where to get previous 10 year Question Papers of IAS Main Exam? What should be the second optional subject for IAS if first choice is Political Science?
  7. Can I write IAS exam in my mother tongue or is English necessary? The IAS mains paper should be written in Essay or Objective manner?
  8. After BBA can I give IPS entrance exam? When is the mains exam held?
  9. How to prepare for IPS Exam? Previous year question papers of IPS Preliminary Exam?
  10. Fee structure details for IAS preliminary and Civil service mains exam?
  11. Am I eligible to give IAS or IPS Exam after completion of Mechanical Engineering course?
  12. Second optional subject for IAS preliminary and mains? First choice is Geography.
  13. How to become a IPS officer after completing BSc Maths, Stats and computers with 55%
  14. What is the scope in PMT to acquire admission in MBBS in government college?
  15. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Preliminary and Main Exam being a candidate having completed Graduation in Architecture?
  16. Is it possible to become an IAS or IPS officer through Marine Engineering?
  17. Which Books to prepare for IAS Preliminary Exam? Model Question Papers for this Exam?
  18. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
4th August 2013, 11:23 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get give IAS and IPS preliminary and mains exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir: I'm doing B.tech in electronics but can i give ias and ips ,preliminary and mains exams beside my degree like public add , history, political etc...
YES, You can apply for the IAS exams after completing your BTECH

To become an IAS officer you have to give the Civil Services Exams conducted by UPSC

This exam is held for 24 posts and these are IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc

Educatiional qualifications required is:
Graduation pass in any stream
No minimum marks required in graduation

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum -30 years for all the General category candidates
Maximum 33 years for the OBC candidates
Maximum 35 years for the SC/ST candidates

Attempts-
General candidates- 4
OBC candidates -7
SC/ST candidates- No such restrictions
4th August 2013, 03:19 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get give IAS and IPS preliminary and mains exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear Aspirant,

You are applicable for IAS and IPS Exam once after completing your Graduation degree that is your B.Tech in Electronics (OR) being a final year candidate of your Graduation course........

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service and IPS Stands for the Indian Police Service, both the exam are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission single time in the year.....

Both exam is conducted under the Civil Service exam, Civil Service exam is conducted in the two stages:
  1. Written exam and
  2. Interview

Age Criteria:-
  • Age of candidate should be minimum 21 years.
  • Maximum age should not exists 30 years.

Age Relaxation :-

## OBC category candidate can get relaxation on upper age up to +3 years.

## SC/ST category candidate can get relaxation on upper age up to +5 years.

## With Physical Disability candidate can get relaxation on upper age up to +10 years.

Attempt Criteria:-
  • Generally maximum 4 attempts allowed.
  • For OBC category it is 7 times applicable.
  • For SC/ST category no restriction on attempts.

Exam Pattern:-

For More Information you can visit at here: Click Here

All the best

With Regards....
DHARM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?