13th May 2011, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best scoring optional subjects if one wants to appear for UPSC exam?

My son studing in 3rd year B.tech in civil engineering course in SRM university in Chennai. He wants to appear UPSC examinations. which is the best scouring optinal subject kindly suggest me my email address is given below

[email protected]

14th May 2011, 05:03 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best scoring optional subjects if one wants to appear for UPSC exam?

Dear Friend

The very first thing I would like to tell you that if parents of candidate are
deciding that he should apply for Civil Services then something is seriously wrong.

If your son is determined to apply for Civil Services and you are promoting him
then it is very good.

The question of candidate's interest is raised because civil services examination
requires thorough study of all the topics of the opted subjects is necessary.

This thorough study is possible only if the subject is either according to knowledge
or according to interest or both.

As your son is presently doing B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, it would be good for him
if he takes Civil Engineering as one of the optional subject.

For the second subject he may choose any one of the following according to his
choice.
Psychology
Geography
History
Public Administration
Anthropology
Sociology etc.
11th July 2011, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is the best scoring optional subjects if one wants to appear for UPSC exam?

hi i am doing my engineering in computer science . can u suggest me set of subject for me,which may be read in sort time and have high success rate.
12th July 2011, 04:25 PM
fazlu
Member+

you can go for that subject whichever you are completed in bechelor degree.
you can go for that.
12th July 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

sir tell me which optional subject r scoring ...can i choose geography and political science
13th July 2011, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

i'm working as ASST PROF and i'm having doubt that i've to write both exams which i select as optional subjects r else only one from the 2 exams. please clear my doubt.
20th July 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am B Com Graduate.Can u suggest me set of subject for me?
26th August 2011, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

i am student of electronics engineering,is it good option if i select psychology and public administration as an optional subjects ,please sent to my mail [email protected]
29th December 2011, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

is psycology subject good for ias prepration
5th January 2012, 07:47 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
Can you please guide me how to select optional subjects.I hv finished B.E. in information science and nw working in TESCO as ASE. Is phsycology and public administration easy to understand.
My gmail-id
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?