8th November 2015, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Choosing right optional subjects for UPSC exam 2016

I am aiming to clear the UPSC examination for the post of IRS(IT) as my first preference.

Now the question is - Is it important for me to take Accountancy and Economics as optional subjects in the examination?? Since the field is related to Commerce, I am confused whether or not I can take any other subject.

I will be completing my graduation in B.Com in July 2016.
Though I had accountancy and economics as subjects in bcom, I am also INTERESTED in Psychology.

Please help!

28th November 2015, 08:18 AM
userdefined

Default Re: Choosing right optional subjects for UPSC exam 2016

UPSC is one of the most toughest exam in the world as the statistics say.
It is not sure that you get what you aim, it has to be like you get what you deserve.
IRS or IFS or IAS or IPS , everything comes under civil service so you have to serve nation with pride.
Some posts require some required knowledge in the required field and the necessary details will be there in the notification. Depending on that you can choose the optional subjects.
If you choose Geography, it is the most wide subjects because Environmental comes under this, current affairs comes under this and so it is completely depends on you how you choose it.

Last edited by userdefined; 30th November 2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Some points have been missed by me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?