13th September 2011, 12:30 PM
lalitsharma61

Is this a better choice of doing IAS after the completion of B.Tech in IT?

i want to clear the test of IAS after the graduation of IT B.tech
what's your think about it

Related Questions:
  1. How to do IAS after passing B.Tech 3rd year?
  2. Full information about IAS syllabus? Which is the entrance exam? I am in 3rd year B.Tech in CSE stream
  3. Which subjects should I choose to prepare for IAS after completion of MBA in HR? Does this a good choice to prepare for IAS after completion of MBA?
  4. Is this a better choice of doing IAS after the completion of B.Tech in IT?
  5. Which is the best choice between joining in a job and B.Tech course after the completion of Diploma in AEIE?
  6. How to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech course?
  7. Can I apply for government jobs like IAS, RAS and others after completion of B.Tech from KSOU?
  8. What is the best choice for me after completion of B.Tech Civil Engineering? What jobs are suitable for me?
  9. Is it a right choice for me to do CA course after completion of M.Com course? Career Options after completion of M.Com course?
  10. Which course is a better choice for me between M.Tech and M.Sc after completion of B.Tech?
  11. IAS exam after B.Tech (CS) 3rd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which course is a better choice for me after the completion of B.Tech between MBA and M.Tech? Which course will provide more Job Opportunities?
  13. Where to get previous 10 year Question Papers of IAS Main Exam? What should be the second optional subject for IAS if first choice is Political Science?
  14. How can I join in interior designing after completion of my B.Tech 1st year -- [New]
  15. Am I eligible for IAS having scored 66% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 60% in B.Tech course?
  16. Is this a right choice to join as Bank PO after the completion of B.Tech in IT?
  17. Which course is a better choice for me between B.Sc and B.Tech after completion of 12th Class with 85% of marks?
  18. Which course in CDAC is a best choice for me to join after completion of B.Tech in EEE stream?
13th September 2011, 06:28 PM
Tulasinagababu

Default Re: Is this a better choice of doing IAS after the completion of B.Tech in IT?

After B.Tech you can appear for IAS you must pass in your graduation.
then you should be in23-30 years old.
you can get a lot of good coaching institue in delhi and other metro cities .
in delhi -- IES
MAde easy
GAteforum
in Calcutta Gate forum is best
In Hydranad ACE is the best for engineerng civil services exam.

UPSC conducts IAS exam each year.
you should must qualify atleast graduation from any stream to appear in IAS.
The age limit should be between 21-30 year.
FOR IAS you should join any good institute for guadence.
there are many institutes you can join-
1-Chanakya Academy
2-IES academy

UPSC (Union Public Services Commission) exams for IAS (Indian Administrative Services), IES (Indian Engineering Services). IPS (Indian Police Services), IFS (Indian Foriegn Services), etc are the different examinations held for civil services. For clearing IAS, there are three examinations you will have to appear for. First is, Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) and then a MAIN EXAM and after it, you will have to go through one personal interview (PI). You will have to opt from various subjects for the main exam like mathematics, general studies, economics, geography, statistics, management, philosophy and many others. For preparing for IAS, you could go to any good coaching institute in your area. Visit different institutes and pick up the best one.

Also, read daily newspapers, year books so that you could stay updated regarding current affairs and political and economic status of India. Read NCERT books of Social Sciences, and also read about different amendments and history of India. Sharping up your GK skills will help you a lot.
all the best!!
13th September 2011, 06:37 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this a better choice of doing IAS after the completion of B.Tech in IT?

If you are Interested to become IAS Officer in Future then for this you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, The examination was conducted by UPSC every year and To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course.

>> So, After completing your B.tech course you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, Final year Graduates candidates are also apply for this examination.

>> So, If your age should between 21 to 30 years, then you can apply for this examination.

The examination was Held in 2 Stages - Preliminary examination and Main examination, Preliminary examination consist of 2 Papers and the Examination was Objective and those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible to apply for Main examination.

>> So, If you are Interested to become IAS Officer then please apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, The Schedule and Dates of Next year examination was Already Updated in the Official website. So please check the UPSC Website for Complete Information.

So, Please Prepare well for this examination according to the Pattern and Those who are Interested they fill the application form Online By visit the Official website.

UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination Pattern -

13th September 2011, 07:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitsharma61 View Post
dear friend,

Yes , You are a B-TECH student so you are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

thanks
13th September 2011, 07:14 PM
vijendradutt

FOR IAS you should join any good institute for guidancw
1-Chanakya Academy
2-IES academy

or you can opt for a post graduation after B.Tech and pursue M.Tech.
13th September 2011, 07:17 PM
vijendradutt

1-Chanakya Academy
2-IES academy

or you can opt for a post graduation after B.Tech and pursue M.Tech.
13th September 2011, 08:27 PM
arpit300892

if u r interested in IAS then u can definately go for this. But as there are no subjects related to your stream in exam, so be attentive in choosing the subjects for mains exam.
--Be aware that this is the toughest exam in the country so always be ready with another option for safe future.
--u can visit the official site www.upscportal.com for more information , here u can get all information about upsc exam with some toppers guidence also.
--firstly go through the syllabus , subjects and exam pattern and select that in which u can do ur best.
--IAS enterance mainly cinsist of one pre & main exam with an essay exam and after qualifing in all u have to face an interview board..also there are two qualifying papers beside al these of two languages.(hindi & english....marks not added only u have to qualify them)
--IAS entrance consist of pre as a CSAT paper which is mainly contribute aptitude ability of candidate. then a GENERAL STUDIES paper for pre is also held
-- after qualifying this u will be allowed to sit in MAINS where ur subjects,which u have choosen , exam is held with 2 paper along with this an essay paper of 300 marks will be conducted.
--if u qualify all this u will go through interview this is the last process......and after that u r an "IAS OFFICER"
BEST OF LUCK TO U
for any information just mail me on [email protected] or visit the internet u will get all ur answers surely...
13th September 2011, 09:04 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
this not bad idea this is good to became an ias officer .
there are some criteria .
*The candidates should be a graduate from any discipline.
from a recognize university.
*the age limit 22 - 30 yrs.
there is a relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates.
*the candidates must be a citizen of Indian

for more details visit official website of upsc.

good luck.
14th September 2011, 07:19 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is this a better choice of doing IAS after the completion of B.Tech in IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalitsharma61 View Post

It is totally up to you what you want to do..everything is good at its own place but if you want to get into the elite government jobs..then you should go for the Civil Service Exams (IAS)

For appearing in the Civil Service Exams,you need to satisfy the following criterion :-

1) you should be a graduate from a recognized college..

2) you should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

for general category,the maximum number of attempts is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST,there is no restriction on the number of attempts..

there are 2 rounds

1) Prelims :- this round has 2 exams which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- after clearing the Prelims,you shall qualify for the Mains where your knowledge of the graduation subjects will be tested..

If you clear both the rounds then you will be called for the interview for the final selection..

Other than the Civil Service Exams,you can also appear for GATE for M.Tech and for MBA(Masters of Business Administration) you can appear for CAT,XAT,MAT,FMS,Symbiosis,etc

all the best

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
13th December 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

i m doig third year engg in villupuram, i want to undergo ias coaching from january onwards (week end bathces) in chennai or any other place near to villupuram .i need to join good centre , kindly guide me sir, i am waiting for answers
12th February 2012, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

ALL VIEWERS PLEASE GUIDE ME
I AM STUDYING EINGINEERING THIRD YEAR IN VILLUPURAM , I WISH TO JOIN IAS COACHING NEAR TO MY PLACE MAIL AT [email protected]
31st March 2012, 10:06 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

for IAS you must pass in your graduation.

1-Chanakya Academy
2-IES academy
16th March 2014, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

I am in b.tech first year.when I should opt for preparation of civil service examination?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?