23rd August 2010, 05:27 PM
jitendrakumar

Is it better to do PG after B.E or after some work experience?

Hi , this s jitendra kumar here and i have completed my B.E ECE in and my doubt is, is it better to do post graduation in engineering(M.E) after completing B.E or is it better to do post graduation after some work experience..

23rd May 2011, 03:37 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it better to do PG after B.E or after some work experience?

Yes ,its better to do post graduation in engineering(M.E) after completing B.E as if a student is not in a need of money then its better for HIM to complete HIS studies first.As you know that money is no doubt an alluring thing so if once you discontinue your studies & start earning to get some experience then its difficult for you to do post graduation after that.So let your studies be completed first & then get a good job with higher salary & a good position.
23rd May 2011, 08:50 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You can select either of the options. If you are able to secure admission in reputed institutes like IIT then certainly you must select that. If you feel there is a need for you work due to personal constraints then you can take up a job. After 2 years of experience you can go in for the Master course. You can prepare for the test in the mean time.
23rd May 2011, 04:48 PM
roshni_j

you can take work experience for 2-3 months
but it is more beneficial if u go directly for post-graduation, because it will
be in continuation and its better to go for m.tech
23rd May 2011, 10:47 PM
suparna.chakrabarty

I think if you don't need an urgent job, go for M.Tech, instead of M.E. I feel, M.Tech students are more in demand. I have seen it personally in advertisements etc. And try to do your M.Tech in a reputed institute- they will help you getting quit good placements. you can go for part time jobs for the time being, because studying and then working is okay, but after you start working, you may not be that enthusiastic, because between practical applications and theory studying, applications are always the easy and interesting thing to do. so you would find studies boring. so go for studies first- you will open up many opportunities for yourself by doing that
26th May 2011, 11:40 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

It will be good if you continue your study and complete your PG degree and then try for the join you will find that all doors are open for you to make a bright career in any fields.

On the other hand side if you urgent need the job then its also good you will get some experience but after that you will have less chance to complete PG degree and you will find lot of interest in jobs and can’t complete your study with a particular side.

So don’t think here and there and take admission in PG course as soon as possible.
22nd June 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

I am really confused. Actually i had a plan to do m.tech after my b.tech. But after my b.tech i got placed in a company and i joined there. this is the next academic year. I thought of joining. Give me a good suggestion. now i have 9 months experience.
7th December 2011, 12:53 PM
rk6030

joining PG is the right choice after B.E, decide according to your financial background.

otherwise u join some company and gain work experience and improve your financial background then you can attend GATE exam and get good institute through gate score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?