10th August 2011, 08:02 AM
Parvezfox1

Which branch is good between CS and EC?

I am doing btech from CS branch. I am in II year. I want to ask that is CS branch good? I want to change my branch to EC. So please tell me that which branch is good.

14th August 2011, 08:52 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Which branch is good between CS and EC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parvezfox1 View Post
I am doing btech from CS branch. I am in II year. I want to ask that is CS branch good? I want to change my branch to EC. So please tell me that which branch is good.
WHICH BRANCH IS GOOD CSE OR ECE???

-> CSE is a good branch as ECE so there is no need you have to change your course now...

-> If you feel the subjects in CSE is tough then i can tell you ECE is more tougher than CSE...

-> I finished B.Tech CSE too, and by the end of year i was able to get 2 job offers..

-> If you can see, the no. of students getting placed will be more in CSE when compared to ECE during campus placements, cause there are many software companies in need of students with good computer skills...

-> So just put your interest in the subjects which you are studying and don't feel annoyed because there are lot of programming subjects...

-> Just try to understand the concept and study well for 3 more years, then for sure you will have much more job offers in your hand by the end of college with a bright future..
14th August 2011, 09:07 PM
aisham

Arrow Re: Which branch is good between CS and EC?

Quote:
Friend as you are telling that you are in IInd year of CS branch, so already or almost 2yr completed. If you are not getting and understanding your subjects then it would be good to change your field but if you only want to change because you think that EC branch will provide you good jobs is wrong.
Engineers are getting very good jobs nowadays no matter which field is. There is requirement of every branch engineer in world. So, don't worry you will get job.
You can apply to various companies as for
Example: wipro, infosys, hcl, tcs, and many government companies
14th August 2011, 10:43 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which branch is good between CS and EC?

Both CS and EC branches are very good but jobs apportunity are different in both branches.

CS and EC branches are most demanded branches of engineering.

If you are intrested in computer education then you can join CS branch.CS branch is totaly related to computer education. In CS branch you study about both hardware and software of computer.

In electronic branch you study about communication.you study about TV,Mobile and other communication devices.

Both branches are very good but you have to choose best branch according to your intrest.
14th August 2011, 10:53 PM
RABBANI SHAIK

dear friend CSE is the easy course when we compare to ECE here you not mentioned about what is your actual probblem i think your probblem is about job offers dear friend the market is always provide the best oppurtunities the student who is having good subject knowledge and as well as good skill, so please be confident in your decision

so i think as compare to subjects ECE is more tough than CSE so there is no need to change your branch

all the best
15th August 2011, 01:04 AM
ASHWANI42092

As per my concern both branches are good .Both branhes are evergreen .Both having equal job opportunities .But as per survey EC is good as compared to CS .In EC a candidate can get job in private sector as well as in government sector .There are various private companies in which a EC engineering can get job .These companies such as LG,Videocon,Airtel,Reliance etc .there is also good job opportunities in government sector such as navy,army,air force,mes,railway bsnl ,mtnl etc .
So choose any one as career . Best of luck.
15th August 2011, 09:05 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Both CS and EC branches are good but the EC is a slightly better branch.As a cs student you can apply jobs only in software companies where as a EC graduate you can apply software as well as core companies.This is the main advantage of EC branch over CS.So if you are getting a chance to switch over your branch to EC then definitely go for it.
21st August 2011, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

is ec is better than cs in each and every field???????
21st August 2011, 01:21 PM
akshaychimote

In real world sense, cs is better than ec, because in cs, many jobs are available in top companies like TCS, infosys, wipro and many more. for becoming a good professional in such companies cs is very good branch which based on logic and not on hard work as compared to ec.
21st August 2011, 02:52 PM
sg1991

Both CSE and ECE branches are good. It totally depends on your interest in which field you want to make your career.
If you want to go only in software companies and becoming a software engineer is your only aim, then you should choose CSE branch.
But if you are more flexible about your profession and want to easily switch from one field to another field, you should choose ECE branch.
In CSE branch you will get job mainly in private IT companies like TCS, Infosys etc.
In ECE branch there will be more chances for you to get job in government sector. ECE students with an additional knowledge of programming languages can easily get placed in IT companies as well.
So, to conclude ECE appears to be better than CSE. Rest all depends on your interest.
21st August 2011, 04:44 PM
dhruv007

CS is good & better branch than ECE .duing campus selection no. of students in CSE is more than in ECE .so there is no to change your stream. in my opinion CSE is easier than ECE .
21st August 2011, 06:13 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
both cs and ece are equally good streams. you will not find difficulty in finding jobs after doing b.tech with any one the streams. actually most of the jobs are also similar for the students of both the streams.
if you are facing difficulty in studying the subjects of cs, then you must change it to ece.
otherwise cs is a very good branch with very good job options. most of the multinational companies are hiring cs engineers.
28th August 2011, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Which is better NIE EC or SJCE CS??
7th September 2011, 02:09 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

both the branches are good on there part but depends on you that which part will suit you. as CS has scope in software only but EC has scope in software as well as in all the govt sector and private sector.for technical as well as non technical jobs
so you should do engineering with ECE
15th September 2011, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

BEING AN ECE STUDENT SHOULD I JOIN ANY SOFTWARE COMPANY OR I SHOULD STICK TO MY FIELD ?
29th March 2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech with ec but i want to shift to cs branch..so,please suggest me which branch is good for future scope as well as for salary?
22nd May 2012, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

what are subjects in cse and ece?
8th June 2012, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

dear friend if you think about the branches that these are good and these are wrong then i understand you r wrong . branches are good own their place but we are wrong .i im a cse student of finaal year. do good have good .so cse is the best branch compare to ec and other branch
12th June 2012, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

which branch should i prefer cs or ece and also which college is better nsit or dtu i have seccured 6846 air in aieee 2012
22nd June 2012, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

dear friends , i get the college guru premsukh memorial of ipu in ece and northern india college in cse branch , so what could i choose for a good campus placement??? reply fast plz . i clear the cet 131 i.e. for b.tech for 2012-2013 session
28th July 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

which is the most demanded stream in next ten years among ece,cse,eee and mechanical engneering
10th October 2012, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Re:is there a job in railway for student having ece stream

i want to do a job in railway after completing b.tech having stream ece ,is there any difficulty there
30th April 2013, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

i m a 1st year student.i have 2 months to change my branch if i want.i m an ECE student but i really want to know which branch has more money.
either ECE or CS???????
10th May 2013, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

I am taking admission in b.tech this year in kiit university....my options for stream are cs and ec...however I have never opted for computers in school ....should I take a risk of doing b.tech from cs...although I dnt have any prior programming knowledge or should I switch to ec....as I have science background...
5th June 2013, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 2nd PUC exams..i m eligible to get EC AND CS in engineering..i m even able to get dental and ayurvedic seat also..please help me which is best to choose to have a good future
11th June 2013, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

out of cse and ec which branch of engg is best for girls??
28th June 2013, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

This year i have passed puc 2 exam,my engineering raking is 580
Which is better course for me ECE YA CSE? rply fast
13th July 2013, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

sir i choosed cs for higher studies but i don't have computer in 11th and 12th does i hve to face many problem during study time
13th July 2013, 02:24 AM
Unregistered

hey bro i choose cs for doing btec but the problem is i dont have computer in 11th and 12th does i have to face problem during studies
13th July 2013, 12:08 PM
harishbanu

Hai, you need not to change the branch.Because CSE good engineering branch.If you feel CSE it tough, then ECE is more tougher than CSE. And competition for ECE is very high.
If you are not interested to study CSE , then you can join ECE. But ECE has scope in both software and hardware also .
If you complete your CSE with good percentage then you can get better future than ECE future. You people can get salary 50,000/- to 1 lakh per month.
13th July 2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
if you are good in programing than you can go with because cs is totally programing based branch and you can get a best job in this field.if you are not than you can go with EC branch it is for networking ,communication and programing.
13th July 2013, 04:24 PM
goutam sai

Smile Re: Which branch is good between CS and EC?

i am a student of ECE branch but this will be a partially correct answer,because if i say my branch is is the best option then it will be disrespect to other branches.actually what i am saying is each and every branch is strength full.to boost up your career but keep in mind that you have to select a main stream;
1.ECE
2.EE
3.CSE
4.IT
5.ME

OTHER STUDIES LIKE GENETIC JUTE ENGINEERING GOOD FOR RESEARCH.........so take your dession right make your dream fullfil thanqqqqqqqqq and have a good day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@3##########$$$$ $4
31st July 2013, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

i am confused wheather to choose ec or cs because both are seem to be good but i have not opted computer in class 11 and 12 so i am not geting any idea to choose which field that will suit me...
12th September 2013, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

my favourite subject is mathematics ,so am i eligible for both cse and ece?
which branch between them is good for me?
15th June 2014, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

is ec very tough to study??? plz reply i'm in confusion of which branch to take up
17th June 2014, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Which branch among cs and etc has better job opportunities and has a highly paid salary for it?
12th July 2014, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

oh! god why every or the other student have the same promblem, per for my views every branch is good But CS an MEis best.. GOOD LUCK
11th July 2015, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

I am confuse which branch i choose..CSe or EC,,I want to make carrer in defence
12th July 2015, 08:46 AM
john215

Re: which branch is good between CS and EC?

I think both are good Branches and it totally depends on your Interest
Mu suggestion you can choose ECE because you can get job CORE side and IT side

Core Jobs:--

DRDO
ECIL
DRDL
BHEL
NTPS
GENCO
TRANSCO

IT Jobs:---

WIPRO
IBM
HCL
AMAZON
INFOSYS

So you can choose CES you can do only IT jobs
So this are the different b/w the ECE JOBS , CSE JOBS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?