13th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Can a 3rd year B.Tech student appear in GATE exam?

sir iam an engineering student of Tripura Institute of Technology situated in Narsingarh.Recently i heard from friend that we cannot appear gate exam in 3rd year ..so please clear my doubts.....

8th April 2012, 08:25 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can a 3rd year B.Tech student appear in GATE exam?

Hi

Earlier when recession was not in India, then there was a provision that the 3rd year students used to get placed from campus, and they were allowed to sit for all the exams like GATE, CAT, IAS, IPS, etc and their score was considered valid for 2 years.

But unfortunately as Recession hit India, from that time this provision was modified that only 4th year students would get placed, and only you can apply for these entrance exams when you are in your final year.

No pre final year students can apply for any of the exams not jobs.

Thus yeah it is true that the 3rd year B.Tech students cannot apply for the GATE exam from 2012.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
8th April 2012, 11:32 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 3rd year B.Tech student appear in GATE exam?

GATE- GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING is an examination conducted by IIT for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs,NITs,BITS etc. and for job opportunities in the Public Sector Undertakings.

Previously one can appear for GATE in the 3rd year of his B.Tech. studies but now the provision has been changed, only the candidate either appear for the final B.Tech. exam or pass can appear for GATE. There is no upper age bar for application to GATE and there is also no limit to the numbers of attempt to GATE exam.

Hence the 3rd year B.Tech. candidate is not eligible to appear for Gate 2012.
9th April 2012, 12:03 AM
hariks787

Default Re: Can a 3rd year B.Tech student appear in GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir iam an engineering student of Tripura Institute of Technology situated in Narsingarh.Recently i heard from friend that we cannot appear gate exam in 3rd year ..so please clear my doubts.....
From the year 2012 onwords pre final year students are not allowed to write GATE exam.This may be due to increased number of applications of final year and passed out students in GATE,due to public sector offers through gate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?