27th August 2011, 06:30 PM
ghohabhai

Can I apply for the GATE exam while in B.E 3rd year?

hello sir, i am student of BE 3rd year.Can i applicable GATE axam?

27th August 2011, 10:25 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the GATE exam while in B.E 3rd year?

dear friend,
Yes, you can apply for GATE exam during the B.E 3rd year..
GATE is an entrance exam for M.tech.. Which is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly..

Eligibility criteria:-

*The candidate must have complete the bachelor degree in any of these fields- Engineering/Technical/Architecture..
Or, The candidate must have complete the master degree in any of these fields-
M.Sc in any general science subject/MBA/MCA etc..
*The validity of GATE score is 2 years..
*The candidate can appear in the pre-final year or final year of graduation or post graduation course..
As you are now in 3rd year of your B.E course then you can apply for GATE exam..

All the best..
27th August 2011, 10:56 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

As Gate score is valid for 2 year,therefore if you crack at first attempt i.e in 3rd year.You can get admission in IIT after your graduation course.Therefore you can apply for Gate from 3rd year in B.E onwards.
27th August 2011, 11:48 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghohabhai View Post

Information Regarding GATE Examination.

GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course in IIT college. Many other college also take admission in the M.Tech course through the GATE score card.

According to GATE-2012 notification the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. Only final year and pass out student are eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. So, if you are studying in the 3rd year B.E course then you are not eligible for the GATE-2012. You will be eligible for the GATE exam in the final year.

NOTE :- There are age limit and percentage required in the qualifying examination for the GATE examination. Only pass the qualifying examination is enough for the GATE examination.

For any more information regarding GATE-2012 examination please CLICK HERE

Regards
~Mukul~
28th August 2011, 01:55 AM
dsangeetha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul0094 View Post
Information Regarding GATE Examination.

GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course in IIT college. Many other college also take admission in the M.Tech course through the GATE score card.

According to GATE-2012 notification the pre-final year candidates are not eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. Only final year and pass out student are eligible for the GATE-2012 examination. So, if you are studying in the 3rd year B.E course then you are not eligible for the GATE-2012. You will be eligible for the GATE exam in the final year.

NOTE :- There are age limit and percentage required in the qualifying examination for the GATE examination. Only pass the qualifying examination is enough for the GATE examination.

For any more information regarding GATE-2012 examination please CLICK HERE

Regards
~Mukul~
here is no chance 3rd years to attend the gate exam becozzzzzzzzz from this year onwards the exam pattern are changing
28th August 2011, 02:55 AM
NEIL6

Sorry Dear

You are not eligible for the upcoming GATE exam. As per Qualification , you must have a graduation completed ,,,there is age limit which is 20 to 30yeas.Best wish
28th August 2011, 04:02 AM
Mannu2525

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for the GATE exam while in B.E 3rd year?

Dear,
No, you can't apply for GATE while studying in 3rd year of your engineering.
Before 2011, GATE allowed all pre-final year students but from 2012, a new eligibility criteria is formed in which only final year or passed candidates is only allowed for the GATE.

Eligibility
•-> Graduation degree from any recognized university.

•-> Age limit - No age limit.

•-> Min. Passing marks is required in graduation.

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
28th August 2011, 11:24 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

of course you can apply.

3rd students have been made eligible got gate also.

all the best.
9th August 2012, 10:57 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I apply for the GATE exam while in B.E 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghohabhai View Post
Hi

INFORMATION ABOUT GATE !!!

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

This is basically an All India Level Entrance Examination which is organized and conducted every year by the IIT's for the selection of the M.Tech students and also for the PSU (Public Sector Undertaking Companies) recruitments.

This is a very important post graduation exam as it speaks of your knowledge in the Technical aspects.
Earlier this exam was open for the candidates of pre final year as well as the final year, but from 2012 it changed and now it is only open for the FINAL YEAR STUDENTS ONLY!

So a third year candidate cannot apply for the same. You take another year for your preparations and next year when you would be eligible to apply for this exam, then do so.

->The Basic Eligibility Criteria for the GATE Exam are that you should be a minimum graduate in B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharmacy with a good percentage of marks in it from a recognized college or university.

->Also only final year students can apply and the pre final year students CANNOT.

->There are no age nor attempts bars for this so you can apply for GATE anytime you want and take as many attempts as you wish to take.

For any more information on GATE 2012, Please Click Here

For the syllabus, study materials, past years papers, Please Click Here

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?