16th June 2010, 12:51 AM
saisansuk

Can a btech computer science student give chemical engineering GATE exam?

can a btech computer science student write chemical engineering paper in gate?

16th June 2010, 11:34 AM
Amritansu subh

Default Re: Can a btech computer science student give chemical engineering GATE exam?

Dear,
You cannot give but if you give also its no importace as you have not a brief knowledge about chemical engineering.so its better you give by c.s
16th June 2010, 01:11 PM
Mridul Dhawan

Default Re: Can a btech computer science student give chemical engineering GATE exam?

no,, not at all....
thats not the gud decision,,,it has lots of difference in cse nd chemical.....
18th June 2010, 12:51 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisansuk View Post
no, you cannot do that. Both computer science and chemical engineering are different fields and for gate exam brief knowledge is required. So you must continue with computer science.
1st July 2010, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

can a bsc student in computer science be given admission in chemical engineering
2nd July 2010, 02:36 AM
gaurav goel

no a btech in computer science student can only give its own exam n of its own subjects.....n nt of any chemical engg papr
2nd July 2010, 11:12 AM
panuboy

dear friend
yes definetly a computer science btech student can give chemical engineering btech GATE exam but it would be better to give computer sc. paper rather then chemical engineering
ok
all the best
5th July 2010, 07:58 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

chemicals and computers are opposite poles.. you cant give your gate...
6th July 2010, 01:42 PM
answers_for_you

No friend a computer science students can give there corresponding GATE exam and a chemical engineering student can give there corresponding GATE exam.

There is no any other provision of writing the papers of other stram.
All the best.
7th July 2010, 08:01 AM
gohan4

hI
you can give GATE exam but
you are not eligible for course
12th July 2010, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

what is GATE exam is about
15th July 2010, 08:50 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

There is no any other provision of writing the papers of other steam.there is no any provision to give the inter stream exam for the gate, and i really i am very surprise that as you are from the computer science students so how can you are thinking about this,
3rd August 2010, 08:11 AM
ravi6

no dear it is not possible due difference of trades.
22nd August 2010, 05:26 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
I am very sorry to say that you cannot give chemical engineering for GATE if you are a b.tech from computer science.even if you are allowed also it will be of no use because you have no knowledge of Chemical engineering.
Good Luck!
23rd August 2010, 05:04 PM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

yes, a b.tech. in computer science student can give GATE exam by taking civil engineering subject.

but in my view it will be very difficult for you. because you have studied computer science subjects for 4 years and not civil engineering subjects.

all the best.
24th August 2010, 09:53 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you are a student of computer Sc. and you want to give the GATE exam in Chemical engineering.. yes you can do that, but i don't think that it will be beneficial for you..
see how could you get master degree in a subject in which you are not use to.. you are student of computer sc. so it will be better for you to give the GATE exam in your own subjects.. otherwise it will be very difficult for you to crack this type of exam..

all the best..
24th August 2010, 10:15 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you are a student of computer Sc. and you want to give the GATE exam in Chemical engineering.. yes you can do that, but i don't think that it will be beneficial for you..
see how could you get master degree in a subject in which you are not use to.. you are student of computer sc. so it will be better for you to give the GATE exam in your own subjects.. otherwise it will be very difficult for you to crack this type of exam..

all the best..
25th August 2010, 11:45 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
yes you can give GATE exam for chemical engineering if you are b.tech from computer science.but friend that wont be benificial for you.how acn you give the exam of the subjects of which you are not used to.it will be very to do that.so my suggestion will be do m.tech in your own department.
All The Best!!
26th January 2011, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech Food Technology student is able to give GATE exam for M.Tech in Chemical Technology? And from which branches (except food technology)B.Tech Food Technology student is eligible for M.Tech degree?
31st January 2011, 06:17 PM
mychandru024

i think you can't..... go with CS. thats lot better than che engg.
1st February 2011, 12:21 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

No , a btech computer science student can not give chemical engineering GATE exam
as you have not a brief knowledge about chemical engineering.
so you better go for cs

good luck....
26th February 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

can a btech chemical engg and a btech boitechnology and biochemical engg graduate get a same job?
27th February 2011, 10:13 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Yes,definitely you can give the exam in give chemical engineering.But it would be better if you stick with your previous branch paper as you know this paper well and I don't think computer science is not a worth branch.
28th July 2011, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of chemical engineering,can i appear for gate of mechanical branch?
3rd August 2011, 08:16 AM
jyoti.sahoo

You can do M Tech in a subject that you have already learnt in B Tech.

you can not appear for it unless you are aware of the subject.

So a computer science student can not apply for GATE exam in Chemical engineering.
13th September 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Can B.E. Electronics student give computer science GATE exam?
14th September 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

sir im going to write gate 2012.i had completed aeronautical engg.i hd question about engineering science subject in which course he will do ME or MTech
5th October 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

can a B.Sc chemistry student do chemical engineering, is it possible to do chemical engineering if i have 10 2 in physics,chemistry and biology
12th January 2012, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Is a B.Tech Chemical Engineering student eligible to write GATE chemistry?
5th July 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

can B.E. Electronic student can give Computer science Gate Exam?
2nd January 2013, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

i m computer science engineer but i want to do m.tech in civil or mechanical engineering throgh GATE
3rd March 2013, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

is a computer science student give exam for chemistry?
30th March 2013, 04:33 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisansuk View Post
Yes one can give the exam but I don't feel you need to go with chemical field you need to go with c.s
8th April 2013, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

I am not sure whether a student can write a GATE exam in a different stream. I too am looking for the same info. But I don't understand why all the negativity related to changing one's branch. People's interest changes from time to time and they should be allowed to pursue them. Our own former President and eminent missile scientist started by taking a BSc Physics degree. Only later he realized that his interest was in Aeronautical Engg. and he changed his field. What if he had decided not pursue his interest and stayed where he was?Would he have reached the place where he is now?
15th March 2014, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.TECH biotechnology student give chemical engineering GATE exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?