14th October 2015, 11:37 PM
Jaffer aliyar

PCM and Computer science student can opt for Chemical engineering?

I am studying PCM+Computer science can I opt chemical engineering? and I need details about chemical engineering like where to study ,which degree,and scope for chemical engineering?please give me details about it.

15th October 2015, 09:43 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: PCM and Computer science student can opt for Chemical engineering?

An individual aspiring for a carer in chemical engineering can join B.E/B.Tech after completing his/her 10+2 level of study with Physics, Chemistry, Maths. The B.E/B.Tech programme duration is for 4 years. Admission to B.Tech program is done on the basis of entrance exam. So, yes you can do chemical engineering course without any doubt.

The focus of the B.E/B.Tech programmes in Chemical Engineering is on :

- Polymer Testing.

- Industrial Chemistry.

- Polymer Technology.

- Polymer Processing.

- Polymer Synthesis etc.

Here are the list of colleges in India for Chemical Engineering course

- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay : www.iitb.ac.in/

- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur :www.iitkgp.ac.in

- Birla Institute of Science and Technology : www.bits-pilani.ac.in/

- Jadavpur University : www.jaduniv.edu.in/

- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur : www.iitk.ac.in/
15th October 2015, 10:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffer aliyar View Post
I am studying PCM+Computer science can I opt chemical engineering? and I need details about chemical engineering like where to study ,which degree,and scope for chemical engineering?please give me details about it.
You can do B.Tech/B.E in Chemical Engineering after completion 12th standard with PCM but you should qualify in IIT JEE exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE mains exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category.

You can apply consecutive three time in JEE mains exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
16th October 2015, 12:17 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Yes, of course, one with educational background of PCM stream in intermediate can opt for Chemical Engineering.

# Chemical Engineering is the field of science which basically deals with the application of science in order to convert raw materials or chemical into more useful or valuable forms.

# One can join or opt the Chemical Engineering by way of opting either B.E. or B. Tech.
One is required here that he/she must have studied the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics compulsorily at the 10+2 level.

# The duration of B.E. and B. Tech degree course is four years.

# Another option before the aspirant that he/she may go for Diploma in Chemical Engineering. Here one is required that he/she must have completed matriculation.

# The duration of Diploma in Chemical Engineering is three years.

# Names of few institutes/colleges/university which offer courses in Chemical Engineering are:

* College of Engineering, Andhra University, Visakapatnam
* Vellore Engineering College, Vellore
* Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Jadavpur University
* Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
* University College of Technology, Osmania University
* Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Annamalai University
* Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
* Nirma Institute of Technology, Gujarat University
* University College of Science & Technology, Calcutta University
* M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore

# Followings are the key responsibilities of a chemical engineer:

* Construction, maintenance, operation, designing and supervision of plants/equipment.
* Extraction of chemicals from waste materials.
* Conversion of raw materials/chemicals into useful/valuable forms.
* In order to save depleting natural resources, he/she has to provide synthetic products.
* Perform the operation of water treatment
* and many other tasks.
29th June 2021, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Can a student who only opted PCM , (neither biology nor computer sci.) lead to the path of chemical engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?