23rd December 2011, 10:19 PM
pankaj katade

Can computer engineers give IES exam by selecting Mechanical, Civil?

Computer engineers can give the ies exam? can i gave this exam by selecting mechanical or civil engineering for exam purpose?

10th January 2012, 01:29 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can computer engineers give IES exam by selecting Mechanical, Civil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj katade View Post
Computer engineers can give the ies exam? can i gave this exam by selecting mechanical or civil engineering for exam purpose?
Yes, an engineer in any discipline is eligible to write the Engineering Service Exam, but you must keep in mind that after qualifying the exam, you will be appointed as engineer in the same discipline you applied for in the exam.
The minimum eligible age to apply for the exam is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for Sc/St category and 3 years for OBC category.

Since it is not advisable for computer engineers to write the exam, you must take little bit of time to think about writing the exam, but as far as eligibility is concerned, you can definitely apply for it.
21st May 2012, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can computer engineers give IES exam by selecting Mechanical, Civil?

which is the best discipline for computer engineers to opt in IES exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?