31st December 2011, 11:26 AM
shivendra04

Can computer science engineers apply for PSU and IES?

can computer science engineers apply for psu's n ies ?....please tell me if its possible to do so

8th March 2012, 02:33 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can computer science engineers apply for PSU and IES?

You can apply for the PSU exam after completing your engineering in any discipline. You should have secured graduation from a recognized institute. In case of the IES exam, computer science graduates are not eligible. Only those who have done engineering in mechanical, civil, electrical and electronics are eligible for the IES exam. For both these exams, it is important for you to score an aggregate of 65% marks. Selection will be based on written exam followed by a GD and interview in some cases, or else there will be only an interview.
8th March 2012, 09:05 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivendra04 View Post
can computer science engineers apply for psu's n ies ?....please tell me if its possible to do so
HI!
After passing B.Tech in computer engineering you are not eligible for I.E.S exam..
I.E.S is Indian Engineering Service

I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year..

All the candidate who pass the engineering in following stream are eligible for I.E.S exam:-
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.
14th August 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

can EEE (electonics electrical engineers) apply for IES xam???????
14th August 2012, 11:21 PM
yogesh8955347778

You can apply for the PSU exam after completing your engineering in any discipline. You should have secured graduation from a recognized institute. In case of the IES exam, computer science graduates are not eligible. Only those who have done engineering in mechanical, civil, electrical and electronics are eligible for the IES exam. For both these exams, it is important for you to score an aggregate of 65% marks. Selection will be based on written exam followed by a GD and interview in some cases, or else there will be only an interview.
ALL THE BEST
15th August 2012, 02:36 PM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivendra04 View Post
Being a computer science engineer definitely you are eligible for PSU exam but you are not eligible for IES exam as the studensts belonging to electronics, mechanical, electrical, and civil can give IES (indian engineering services) exam.
so start your preparation for PSU exam.
All the best....!
15th August 2012, 05:24 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Lightbulb Re: Can computer science engineers apply for PSU and IES?

hello,
ALL THE BEST

regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?