14th March 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Can CS undergraduate people go for GATE exam in CS? I have ECE background and 2 have 2 years of experience in IT industry

Hi All,
Im very new to this forum. I would like to know whether it is manageable for non CS undergrad people to go for GATE exam in CS and qualify .
I have ECE background and 2 years expereince in IT industry.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I be eligible to enter in Automobile or Healthcare industry after B.E ECE and while pursuing MBA and Planning?
  2. Can I make entry into IIMs by CAT Exam having scored 54% in 10th and 61% in B.Tech with an experience of 3 years in IT Industry?
  3. Scope of higher education after diploma in Textile and 15 years of work experience as a Production Manager in Textile Industry?
  4. How can I pursue Ph.D in Computer Science being a candidate having completed MCA course and with 3 years of experience as Computer Teacher and another 3 years in Industry?
  5. Procedure to apply for Ph.D course after 3 years of software industry experience?
  6. How much salary can I expect if I have 2 years of experience in Biotech Industry
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after having 30 years of experience in apparel industry? -- [New]
  8. Specialization in MBA after working in Federal Mogual - a leading MNC in automobile ancillaries?
  9. Any government jobs available for me after having 5+ years of experience in IT industry?
  10. Government Job Opportunities for me being a candidate having 15 years of experience in Textile Industry?
  11. Will it be useful to do M.Tech alongside Work Experience?
  12. How can I study PhD in Technology if completed MCA and having 5 years of experience in IT Industry?
  13. GATE ECE papers of past 5 years with solution?
  14. Can I pursue M.Ed after completing B.Tech with 6 years of experience in IT Industry
  15. How to do B.Tech in electronics through distance mode or part time in Gujarat, Rajasthan or MP? I am a diploma holder
  16. How to get a government job after having 28 years of experience in Industry and B.Tech?
  17. Which course to do after completing Diploma E&TC with 3 years experience in Automobile Industry?
  18. Last 5 years papers of GATE ECE with solutions? -- [Most Discussed]
18th March 2013, 08:51 PM
raj bn

Default Re: Can CS undergraduate people go for GATE exam in CS? I have ECE background and 2 have 2 years of experience in IT industry

No you cannot change your stream. The stream in which you have completed your graduation (i.e, CS) must be taken as for GATE. for more information go to http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/ and download the brochure
19th March 2013, 12:44 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Talking Re: Can CS undergraduate people go for GATE exam in CS? I have ECE background and 2 have 2 years of experience in IT industry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi All,
Im very new to this forum. I would like to know whether it is manageable for non CS undergrad people to go for GATE exam in CS and qualify .
I have ECE background and 2 years expereince in IT industry.
Hello dear, first of all greetings from the Forum!!

Regarding your question, let me get back to you, a student of ECE background has no confrontation or problem in giving a GATE exam of CS subject or vice versa but you should be an engineering graduate.

Also, your work experience of 2 years is an added advantage for you, if you are working in a software company, see if you can prepare well and think that you can crack GATE, then it is no problem, you can write for this.

Eligibilty for GATE exam:-

>>Must be a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture either passed or final year, so how many year gap you have, you can write this exam.

>>One thing is that you should not be having any backlog.

Important books for CS branch:-

GK Publishers books for CS, it is good book for preparing.

MADE easy publication for CS.

GK publications solved papers topic wise.

All the best!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?