26th February 2018, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I get BA or any equivalent degree course having done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

I want to know that after passing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from state board of Technology Education, can I get admission in BA or equivalent degree?
Also tell me that can I get 12th non-medical certificate from CBSE Bhiwani on the bases of diploma?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether 2 year ITI and 3 years Diploma together is equivalent to degree?
  2. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  3. Am I eligible to join M.Tech directly after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. How can I do a degree course in part time after doing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Whether Diploma Automobile Engineering course of Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering, Secunderabad is equivalent to 2 years Diploma course?
  6. Is it possible to study BE or B.Tech electrical after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  7. Is engineering diploma with experience equivalent to degree? LLB admission after diploma in Engineering with 10 years of experience?
  8. Is it possible to take automobile engineering degree after completion of mechanical diploma?
  9. Whether Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is equivalent to 10+2 or not? Am I eligible to get a Government job with Diploma certificate?
  10. Will diploma in civil engineering equivalent to graduation?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission for marine engineering with diploma completion or degree is needed in mechanical engineering?
  12. How to do degree in Mechanical engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  13. Criteria to join Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Engineering colleges where external degree courses are running in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Procedure to take admission in BA part 1 after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. How to take admission in DME? What is the fees?
  17. Is it good to take admission in AMIE after Diploma completion?
  18. Proof of Diploma engineering course done from IME?
28th February 2018, 07:09 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get BA or any equivalent degree course having done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Diploma is considered as equivalent to 12th board. So, diploma candidates can apply for admission in courses like Bachelor of Arts. But Bachelor of Technology is more suitable option for diploma candidates for better jobs and career in future.

You can apply for LEET exam if you have 60% marks in diploma to get admission in second year of B.Tech directly.

You can not get 12th non medical certificate from CBSE on basis of diploma. You will have to take admission in standard 11th in CBSE and the appear for board exam next year to pass 12th from CBSE.
28th February 2018, 09:57 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get BA or any equivalent degree course having done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

The requirements for Bachelor of Arts admission:

Admission criteria: Minimum qualification required is 12th from a recognized board or its equivalent.

You can get admission in Bachelor of Arts.

To get 12th non medical certificate from CBSE, you need to get admission in 11th standard and then pass 12th board examination.
28th February 2018, 10:40 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed diploma course are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree course.

But, not eligible to get admission in all the courses.

A diploma is equivalent to 12th and candidates are eligible to get admission in the course where required eligibility is 12th or equivalent.

Diploma candidates are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry.

No, you are not eligible to get cetificate from any CBSE school.
28th February 2018, 11:10 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue B.E/ B.Tech course which is equivalent to B.A after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. Candidates who have passed three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.E/ B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process. No, you can't get 12th standard Non-Medical certificate from CBSE Bhiwani on the basis of Diploma.
28th February 2018, 01:58 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

BA refers to Bachelor of Arts and same is a undergraduate degree course of three years for pursuing which the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. Students holding any equivalent degree are also eligible.

So, being a diploma in mechanical engineering degree holder which is a degree course equivalent to higher secondary school degree you are certainly eligible for pursuing BA degree course.

Further, as far as you are concerned about getting a Class 12th passed certificate from CBSE then it is possible only if you pursue your Class 11th and Class 12th from a CBSE affiliated school. It can not be issued on the basis of any diploma degree course.
28th February 2018, 02:23 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can do that as Diploma is equivalent to 12th only.

But I would suggest you to go for engineering.

Yes, after the diploma, if you want to get into Engineering then there is a special examination for the diploma fellows named LEET.

LEET >>>> Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

If you qualify in the Test then you will be allotted a seat in the engineering college based on the rank in the examination and your diploma percentage.

You will be given the admission in directly in the 2nd year of engineering.
28th February 2018, 02:31 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Diploma is considered equivalent to 12th and is a technical degree. You will get technical degree certificate. You will also get certificate of Non-Medical stream.

You can pursue any course for further education. You can go for BA or B.Tech or any other stream also and its certificate should be valid all over India as well as in abroad. So no need to worry.
28th February 2018, 03:35 PM
google girl
Senior Member+

Yes of course you are eligible to get admission in any stream BA or any equivalent degree.
To get admission you must have completed Diploma and have no backlogs.
On the basis of Diploma degree you can also apply for jobs if interested.
You will get certificate from that school from which you have passed. And this is a technical degree as well as non-medical stream certificate.
28th February 2018, 05:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in Bachelor of Arts after completion of diploma from a recognized institute. The minimum academic qualification required to pursue bachelor's degree from a recognized university is senior secondary board passed or its equivalent.

You can not get non medical certificate from CBSE on basis of diploma. You should take admission in 11th standard and pursue 11th and 12th to receive certificate.
28th February 2018, 05:44 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in Bachelor of Arts or in any other equivalent degree after doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering .

Diploma candidates should apply for Bachelor of Technology course. The name of examination is Lateral Entry Entrance Test. You should have at least 60% marks.

You can not get non medical 12th certificate on basis of diploma.
28th February 2018, 06:46 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in BA or its equivalent degree. As you have mentioned in the thread that you had completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, so your this degree is treated as your intermediate degree at the time of admission in Under-graduate course.

And sorry to inform you, but you will not get 12th non-medical certificate from CBSE board on the basis of your Diploma degree.
15th March 2018, 01:10 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in BA or its equivalent degree

candidates who have passed diploma course are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree course.

Those candidates who have Diploma degree are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course through LEET

But,You can not get 12th non medical certificate from CBSE on basis of diploma
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?