13th May 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for GATE and PSU if I score 6.8 CGPA while in 3rd year electrical engineering? Are there any other options for me?

i am a 3rd yr electrical engg student.my cgpa till now is 6.8 can i appear GATR and PSU?is ther any other options for me?kindly send me the rply to my [email protected]?

Related Questions:
  1. CGPA required to be eligible for PSU jobs through GATE 2016 score? -- [New]
  2. Which books should I refer for PSU exam while in Electrical 3rd year? Should I go for M.Tech or PSU?
  3. Eligibility required to study in IIT Bhubaneswar for 2015 session?
  4. Can I get job in PSU through GATE 2016 having 6.54 cgpa in BE?
  5. When to start preparing for PSU in 2nd year or 3rd year? Which books should I refer for PSU exam? List of PSU companies for electrical engineering?
  6. Eligibility for PSUs recruitment by changing the branch through GATE and IES exams?
  7. Am I eligible to sit for PSU as per my GATE score?
  8. What is the full syllabus for GATE and PSU exam? I am a 3rd year student from Applied electronics and instrumentation engineering
  9. Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?
  10. Have a CGPA score of 7.0 and have scored 76% in 10th and 56% in 12th : Can I apply for any PSU job?
  11. Eligibility requirement and CGPA criteria for Ph.D in Engineering?
  12. Which engineering college can I join for M.Tech in electrical engineering?
  13. Do PSU's accept GATE score from production engineering stream?
  14. Options available for me after getting 30/100 in GATE in ECE branch? Is there any PSU exam providing admission for such a score? Can I get MNIT? Admission procedure of M.Tech course in BITS? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?
  16. Which GATE institute to prefer for GATE coaching?
  17. In which colleges can I get after scoring 1570 rank with 563 GATE score and 98.57 percentile?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
23rd May 2011, 06:28 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE and PSU if I score 6.8 CGPA while in 3rd year electrical engineering? Are there any other options for me?

You can definitely apply for the GATE examination in the third year but you cannot appear for the exams conducted by the PSU's in the third year. Try to increase your CPGA score because some PSU's like ONGC usually selects graduates with an aggregate above 70%. The aggregate required may increase or decrease depending upon the PSU.

For details regarding GATE please go through this link:-Click here

There are many PSU's which recruit Electrical Engineering students like

NTPC, Power Grid, HAL, BHEL, BEL, NEEPCO, NPCIL, BSNL, ISRO, DRDO..etc

Some PSU's allow final year/semester students who expect their result soon to go through the exam with for the posts like Engineering Executive Trainees, Probationary Engineer's..etc.But if the candidate get's selected in the Written test then he should submit all his educational certificates at the time of interview.For more details regarding PSU's go through the following link

http://www.india.gov.in/citizen/PSU.php
23rd May 2011, 08:11 AM
KALAISELVAN.P

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE and PSU if I score 6.8 CGPA while in 3rd year electrical engineering? Are there any other options for me?

iam also got the point is 11.33 try to improve the points the points are based on the caste will vary
21st June 2011, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

m in 5th sem..n i have back.. in 3rd sem...bt now its clear...will it affect in my job??
10th August 2013, 03:21 PM
ece304
Member+

Post Re: Can I appear for GATE and PSU if I score 6.8 CGPA while in 3rd year electrical engineering? Are there any other options for me?

CGPA is not important in Gate exam.But In 3rd year you are not eligible to write gate exam.In final year you are eligible.Don't worry about Your acadamics concentrate on Gate exam and solve previous papers to maintain time and as there is negative marking you have to be careful.
29th November 2013, 10:30 AM
rishabtheboss
Junior Member+

hi friend,
cgpa is not matter in gate exam but you not eligible in 3 rd year you can give it in final year
20th March 2015, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

iam mechanical engineering student am in final year my gate score is 6 but my capg score 7.2 any clg I get for mtech. should I go to job please suggest me
20th March 2015, 08:23 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

You can appear for GATE with this much CGPA and generally PSU demands 65% in B.Tech so convert your CGPA in percentage according to your college scheme and try to figure out if it is more than 65% and yes some PSU are there which demands for 70% you cannot appear in them.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?