25th September 2015, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

Can I get job in PSU through GATE 2016 having 6.54 cgpa in BE?

I HAVE PASSED BE FROM IIEST, SHIBPUR (BESU) IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, with 6.54 cgpa in average. Am i eligible for PSU job through GATE 2016 exam???

25th September 2015, 12:22 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in PSU through GATE 2016 having 6.54 cgpa in BE?

PSU stands for the Public Sector Undertakings. Some of the examples of PSUs for mechanical engineers is NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC etc. One of the most important criteria for the PSU recruitment is that candidate must have cleared all the papers of bachelor of technology or engineering.

Since you have scored 6.54 CGPA in bachelor of mechanical engineering, you are eligible for the PSUs. Second most important thing is that you must have good rank in the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering because majority of the PSUs now do recruitment on the basis of GATE scorecard.
25th September 2015, 01:46 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

***GATE is best option to getting place in PSU's and Government companies, in which the recruiters call directly to Group discussion/Interview based on the performance in the GATE.

**Following are some good companies where you can apply>>>>>

~Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd (HECL)

~Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)

~Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL)

~Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)

~Container Corporation of India Ltd. (CONCOR) NTPC Limited (National Thermal Power Corporation)

~National Aluminium Company Limited(NALCO)

~Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)..
25th September 2015, 03:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the recruitment in the PSU through the GATE examination conducted by the IIT every year.

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and it is the examination conducted for getting the admission in the IIT for the M.tech courses as well as in getting the jobs in the PSU. But to get the jobs in the PSU rank must be around the 500 also the candidates have to qualify in the interview and the GD for the final selection.

The eligibility to appear in the GATE examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed or in the 4th year of the B.tech/B.E course.

So you can appear for the examination and give your best for the final selection in the GATE examination and score better rank.
25th September 2015, 05:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely apply for PSU job after clearing GATE 2016 exam. Therefore, just be prepared for the exam and don't worry about anything.

The better your GATE score the better will be your chance for a job in PSU. There is will be interview stage also and you have to perform well in it then only you will be able to get selected.
25th September 2015, 07:53 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes.It's depend on PSU's eligibility criteria and your university's cgpa to percentage conversion.
As per university rules , if you have percentage less than 60% and PSU not allowing less than 60% , then you are not eligible to apply for PSU as per PSU eligibility criteria.

PSUs Recruit through GATE
- IOCL
- BPCL
- NTPC
- Power Grid
- CEL
- ONGC
- HPCL
- MDL
- NTPC
- Coal India
- GSECL
- BNPL
- NHAI
- BBNL
- BARC
- NBCC

GATE Important Dates
- Start Online Application : 01/09/2015
- Last Date to Apply : 01/10/2015
- Issue Admit-Cards : 17/12/2015
- GATE Exam : 30 & 31 Jaunary and 6 & 7 Febuary , 2016

Apply For GATE
- Visit the site : www.gate.iisc.ernet.in
- Click "New Registration"
- Fill the online application
- Upload the photograph and signature
- Make a payment
- Submit the application
- Take a print out for your preference.

GATE Paper pattern
- Total Questions : 65
- Total Marks : 100
- Nagative marking system 1/3 for 1 mark question and 2/3 for 2 mark question for each wrong answer.
25th September 2015, 08:47 PM
sambit125
Junior Member+

Eligibility criteria for Government jobs mentioned below:

1.You should have completed B.E/B.Tech from any recognized university.
2. You must have at least 60% of marks in graduation.
3. Minimum age is 21 years and Maximum age is 30 years.Age Relaxation is provided for

Reserved categories. For SC/ST categories - 5 years and for OBC categories - 3 years.
25th September 2015, 10:03 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to apply for GATE 2016 Examination. Since you have required Percentage criteria for GATE examination. In fact to apply for GATE Examination you need to have minimum 65% of marks in your graduation with specific stream.

So you are eligible to apply for GATE 2016. But to get a job in PSU's you need to score high marks and need to get a rank below 500 in your respective stream ranks.

And Final year candidates of graduation can also eligible for GATE Examination. More over passed out batches will have a chance to apply for GATE 2016.
25th September 2015, 11:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

PSU stands for the Public Sector Undertakings. In the recent years, a large number of PSUs have started to recruit candidates on the basis of GATE scorecard. Some of the most preferred PSU for mechanical engineers:

>>National Thermal Power Corporation.

>>Oil and Natural Gas Limited.

>>Gas Authority of India limited etc.

Eligibility criteria for jobs in PSUs:

>>Candidate must have cleared all the papers of the semesters of bachelor of mechanical engineering. Final year candidates can apply for the recruitment.

So, you can apply for the PSU jobs through GATE exam in 2016 with 6.54 CGPA in bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.

>>You must try to score a rank below 500 so as to get job in Public Sector Undertaking being a mechanical engineering. After getting shortlisted on the basis of GATE scorecard, you will be called for interview.
13th May 2017, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

I am from electronics and computer science branch which is very new branch .will i appear for gate through etc paper? Can i apply for psu through etc paper if am from ecm branch ( electronics and computer science)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?