17th October 2011, 02:55 AM
shawprity2

Can I appear for IAS Exam before commencement of final year of Engineering Examinations?

i'm a final year engineering student.can i appear for the ias exams before commencement of my final year engineering examinaton?and is there any height factor for the ias exams?please let me provide wid proper information.

17th October 2011, 07:12 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam before commencement of final year of Engineering Examinations?

No problem at all for you. You can appear for IAS Exam even though you are a pursuing candidate of final year of Engineering. But it is must that you have to submit the proofs of your educational certifications in Interview.

So, if this is possible for you to submit all the academic documents by the time of Interview, you can appear for civil services exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

I think it may not be difficult because it will take a long time for the conducting of CSAT Exam and announcement of result. Again after this conducting of Main Exam and announcement of result and giving a particular date to attend Interview.

For this academic year, CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) was over. If you are interested, you can appear for upcoming CSAT exam which is going to be conducted in the next academic year.

Here are the important dates regarding upcoming CSAT Exam.

Date of announcement of notification : 04-02-2012
Last date to receive the completed application forms : 05-03-2012
Date of CSAT Exam : 20-05-2012

For updated information on CSAT Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,

http://www.upsc.gov.in/
17th October 2011, 08:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam before commencement of final year of Engineering Examinations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawprity2 View Post
i'm a final year engineering student.can i appear for the ias exams before commencement of my final year engineering examinaton?and is there any height factor for the ias exams?please let me provide wid proper information.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM

After completion of your graduation degree you are eligible for IAS exam.This is your pre final year so you are not eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
17th October 2011, 02:30 PM
abhin91
Member+

yes you can appear in the ias exam. student in the final year can take this exam.
regarding your physical qualification and specification required, i am attaching a file herewith. please refer that . click to download.also refer the official website of upsc:
all the best for your exam.
thanking you.
abhinav
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 91 views)
17th October 2011, 03:23 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawprity2 View Post
Dear Friend,
Yes you are quite eligible to appear in examination for IAS.

The examination for the post of IAS is conducted by the UPSC.The name of the examination is Civil Service Examination.The examination is conducted every year.

The general eligibility criteria to apply for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate must be a Graduate from a recognized Institute and has age between 21 years to 30 years.
Age relaxation is given to the SC/ST and OBC candidate as par Govt. rule.

As you are in final year of B.Tech course and if your age is between 21-30 years then you can apply for the Civil Service Examination.You have to show your Graduation certificate at the time of Interview.

There is no any height criteria imposed for the IAS examination.

Best Wishes....
17th October 2011, 05:30 PM
tejesh_09

Yes, there is no problem for you to appear for IAS exam during pursuing your final year engineering provided you must submit the proof of your educational certificate at the time of interview.

This will not be difficult as after conduction of Civil Services Aptitude Test the Main exam is conducted and after announcement of result a particular date for interview will be given and for all these process it will take a long time.

The Aptitude test (CSAT) for this academic year is over. So you can appear for the CSAT exam for next academic year.

For further information you can visit the official website of UPSC which is www.upsc.gov.in
25th December 2011, 12:32 PM
rrmm92

You can appear for IAS Exam even though you are a pursuing candidate of final year of Engineering. But it is must that you have to submit the proofs of your educational certifications in Interview.
So, if this is possible for you to submit all the academic documents by the time of Interview, you can appear for civil services exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.
goodluck
3rd March 2012, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IAS Exam before commencement of prefinal year of Engineering Examinations?
23rd June 2012, 11:03 PM
sahiljain12

Smile Re: Can I appear for IAS Exam before commencement of final year of Engineering Examinations?

YES YOU CAN.

IAS ========>>>>>>>>> INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE

IAS is the class one job in offer post under the central government
it is dream of many Indian but only a few get the chance
You need to appear for CSAT exam

Eligibility Criteria for CSAT

Academic Qualification
Graduate degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Mathematics, Physics, Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY

AGE LIMIT
21-30 years(For General Candidates)
21-32 years (OBC)
21-35 years (SC/ST candidates)

THIS CLAUSE/CRITERIA MAKES YOU NOT ELIGIBLE FOR IAS
YOU NEED TO BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR IAS
I WILL ADVISE YOU TO WAIT 1 YEAR....AND TAKE FULL PREPARATION...THEN GO FOR IT NEXT YEAR

Number of Attempts
4 (For General Candidates)
7 (OBC)
Unlimited (SC/ST candidates)

3 PHASES OF THE EXAM
preliminary exam
mains exam
personal interview

question pattern:
English
analytical problems
assertion and reason
logical reasoning
Data interpretation
basic computer knowledge

take a good preparation in this year
learn to do quick maths
increase your knowledge and depth in English
be updated with latest news and happening
you may take private coaching if you think it is necessary
learn time management to complete your paper in time

study materials for IAS including syllabus, previous years' papers : http://www.iaspapers.info/

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!
5th July 2012, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Can i appear for IAS exam before commencent of B.COM final result.
5th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for civil services mains examination before final year reusult declared ????????
4th June 2013, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for upsc exam before the commencement of my final year history hons paper from delhi university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?