20th September 2015, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to attend IAS exam if I have only 65% marks in graduation?

I have score 75% in 10th. Completed my diploma with 87%. I am doing graduation final year. Now I have only of 65%. Is I am eligible to attend the IAS exam? Can someone please provide me the answer on this? Awaiting to get the answer.

20th September 2015, 09:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to attend IAS exam if I have only 65% marks in graduation?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to attend IAS examination after completion of your Graduation course with an aggregate of 65% marks from a recognised university. The IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the required eligibility criteria is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
20th September 2015, 10:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to attend IAS exam if I have only 65% marks in graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to attend Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Examination with 65% marks in Graduation. Basically there is no certain minimum percentage is required in order to attend IAS Examination. But Degree Pass of a recognized university or its equivalent is allowed. Since you have already passed Graduation with 65% marks, I am sure you are certainly eligible to attend IAS Examination.

Minimum Educational Qualification for CS (Preliminary Exam):

>> Degree (Graduation) PASS of a recognized university or equivalent.

>> Candidates appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination.

>> However, candidates are supposed to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualification along with the Detailed application form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.
20th September 2015, 11:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have score 75% in 10th. Completed my diploma with 87%. I am doing graduation final year. Now I have only of 65%. Is I am eligible to attend the IAS exam? Can someone please provide me the answer on this? Awaiting to get the answer.
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam because you have completed graduation degree.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
21st September 2015, 12:10 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

Yes you are eligible for IAS Examination after 75% in 10th, diploma with 87% and graduation with 65%.

Here i am also give to you eligibility criteria for IAS examination as given below.

-> The applicant should have a degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent.

-> The Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete.

-> No physical fitness is required for IAS.

-> The applicants age in between 21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination.
21st September 2015, 01:45 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you are eligible to attend IAS preliminary examination with 65% marks in graduation. The UPSC will conduct the examinations. The requirement will be a pass in a degree from the recognized university. So, being a Bachelor Degree holder you are eligible for IAS entrance exam.

IAS Eligibility Criteria:

- You should be Indian Citizen.
- Bachelor Degree in any faculty from a recognized university with pass marks is the basic qualification requirement.
- Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years is the age to apply for IAS entrance exam.
- Applicants belonged from reserved category can expect age upper age relaxation up to 3 years for OBC applicants and 5 years for SC/ST applicants.

UPSC Official website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
21st September 2015, 01:48 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IAS or the Indian Administrative Service Examinations is conducted by UPSC. Normally this is conducted every year so you are advised to keep your updated of the announcements from UPSC. The qualification will be a Bachelor’s Degree in any category such as Art, science with pass marks from a recognized university. Your age should be not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years at the time of examination. Upper age relaxation will be given for reserved category students. In your case you are clearly eligible for the IAS examination.
21st September 2015, 07:40 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, of course you can eligible for IAS exam.
IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM:
Graduate candidates are eligible
Candidate should be a citizen of india
Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years
3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

7 times for general candidates
4 times for OBC candidates
no limit for SC/ST candidates
For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
21st September 2015, 09:40 PM
DSP@1

The eligibility criteria for IAS Officer are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed his.her graduation from the recognized university,
-Candidate must be the citizen of India/Citizen of Nepal,
-Candidate age must between 21-30 years.

These are the main requirements and other main requirements is your physical appearance and height for men height must be more than 165 cms and for women it is 150 cms.

And you must be fit in physical appearance.

As you have got 65% in your graduation it is not a problem at all so check other criteria too.If you satisfy all the criteria then you are eligible for IAS Officer.Only thing you have to do is appear for Civils test and clear the test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?