13th July 2015, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I get the bank job with two backlogs in engineering?

I completed engineering with two backlogs and I got provisional certificate and mark sheets as per the university rule. Am I eligible for bank jobs? Can someone please let me know the eligibility criteria which would be followed for getting the jobs?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a job if cleared all the 3 backlogs of Diploma in Computer Mechanical engineering?
  2. Will backlogs affect my job opportunities? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Will I get a job if I clear my backlogs in Electrical Engineering? Will the gap affect me if I lost 1 year after my engineering?
  4. Will any company hire me after having few backlogs in 4 years of engineering?
  5. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  6. In which company can I get after having 2 backlogs, 65% in 10th and 12th Electronics Engineering?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for job in public sector companies? What's the selection procedure and eligibility criteria for the same? I have 64% in B.Tech and had many backlogs
  8. Job available after completing B.Tech Mechanical with 55% and 5 backlogs?
  9. Can I apply for software companies after completing B.Tech with ECE?
  10. Will I be able to get a job until I clear all my 37 backlogs?
  11. Completed B.Tech with Backlogs in 2nd Semester : Can I apply for any job?
  12. Which government job can I get on the basis of my 10th and 12th percentage which is 80%? Is it better to go for higher studies?
  13. Can I get a good job after clearing backlogs in 3rd or 5th semester? I am a 2nd year civil engineering student
  14. Will I get a good job if I have completing B.Tech Mechanical with 55% and 5 backlogs?
  15. List of companies which provides job for B.Tech EEE candidates with 6 backlogs?
  16. Can I apply for a job after studying B.Tech with few backlogs?
  17. What to do after clearing all the backlogs of B.Tech? Will I get a good job with 58% in final year?
  18. Am I eligible for campus recruitment if I got 5 previous backlogs while in 1 year of Computer Engineering?
13th July 2015, 07:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get the bank job with two backlogs in engineering?

No, you cannot get bank job unless you clear backlogs or arrears in Engineering. The Essential Educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Banking sector recruitments is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in ANY STREAM from a recognized university. So I suggest you to clear the pending backlogs first and then try to prepare for Banking Sector recruitments. But still you can apply for Banking sector jobs, subject to the condition that if called for Interview, you will have to produce the proof of having passed the Graduation Examination. So you are required to produce certificates when you will be called for Interview.
13th July 2015, 09:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed engineering with two backlogs and I got provisional certificate and mark sheets as per the university rule. Am I eligible for bank jobs? Can someone please let me know the eligibility criteria which would be followed for getting the jobs?

Thanks!
You have completed engineering degree, so you are eligible for Bank PO exam.

IBPS stand for the Institute of Banking Personnel Selections.

Only those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS PO exam.

Your age should not be less than 20 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as per government guidelines that is 3 years for OBCs and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Examination pattern for IBPS CWE PO:-

Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability - 50 questions for 50 marks each
English Language and General Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks each
Computer Knowledge/ Awareness - 20 questions for 20 marks

For any more information regarding the eligibility criteria and the other information please visit the official website of the IBPS http://www.ibps.in
13th July 2015, 09:27 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yes of course. You are definitely eligible to apply for bank jobs. To get the jobs in Bank, you need to crack the IBPS and SBI examinations.

SBI PO: You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Age relaxations are applicable for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply. No percentage bar are required to apply.

IBPS PO: You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. Your age should be between 20 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Age relaxations are applicable for reserved categories.
13th July 2015, 10:51 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for Bank Exams still having Backlogs of your engineering. But you need to confirm that you must should be produce your certificates at the time of Interview representing having No backlogs.

But I think you are not eligible since you have taken all your original documents so try to complete those subjects and make your career in Banking Industry.

So if it is the condition then you are absolutely eligible for Bank Exams. In fact there are Two ways to get into banking Industry. As I said the two options are

<> IBPS

<> SBI

With IBPS you will get a chance to enter in Banking Industry with Number of Nationalized banks. So it will be beneficial to you. So try to make a right decision.
14th July 2015, 01:50 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks!
Yeah, you can get a bank job after completing with two backlogs in Engineering. You can apply for the post of Bank Probationary Officer by writing the Bank PO exam, as you satisfy the needed educational qualification.

The needed educational qualification for the Bank PO exam is that the candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university. There are other criteria's which are also needed to be satisfied along with the educational qualification such as:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the Bank PO exam and the candidates are selected through 2 stages:
  • Written Test
  • Interview
19th July 2015, 12:30 PM
pointer01

You can only appear for the bank examination which is conducted by IBPS .But you must have graduation degree or certificate if you get selected in any banks by qualifying the IBPS exam.So you must clear all your backlogs as soon as possible in order to make your future better.
30th September 2016, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed bsc degree this year i have one backlog in 1 st year now iam clear it am i eligible for bank exam
19th October 2016, 05:20 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

If you have cleared your backlog then can apply for any bank jobs.A candidate who have completed graduation from a recognised university in any faculty can apply for the post of Probationary Officer & Clerk. So, you must buy employment news this paper will give you all the details related to government bank jobs or any other job
1st January 2018, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

For getting IBPs po is it enough consolidated marklist of b.tech ?
Or is it must to provide individual marksheets?
15th March 2018, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

I'm studying final year b.tech cse, i have one backlog in my engineering and not completed yet and passed out year of mine is 2018, if i applied to sbi po exam and get qualified in certificate verification process am i get rejected?
25th March 2018, 08:04 PM
EngineerSolution

Quote:

Thanks!
No. You need degree certificate for sure. Provisional certificate is for the time period till degree certificate comes. And IBPS is very clear about that.
31st March 2018, 03:46 PM
merjam

Quote:

Thanks!
No, for Bank jobs degree certificate is must. Please clear the back log as soon as possible. Meanwhile you can prepare for bank exams as well.
16th November 2018, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

I am 2016 out gone(b.sc maths)..but still have one arrears..due to an accident am not able to attend the exam for last year..now am cleared all my 11 papers in single attempt unfortunately only one left..am going to clear it in may 2019..and always planned for sbi Po 2019..am I eligible for apply??can I start preparation??Is mark sheets necessary while applying?? Reply..it means a lot for me..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?