26th July 2013, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CBI/CID?

can i apply for this job if have an sight...please tell me the details

27th May 2015, 06:17 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for CBI/CID?

CBI stands for Central Bureau of Investigation.

The procedure of joining CBI as an officer are following:-

-The candidate who wishes to join CBI must have to write UPSC exam.

-The qualification required to apply for this exam is graduation in any discipline with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university.

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate age should be at least 20 years at the time of applying.For reserved categories,it should be at least 30 years.

-The selection process involves of different stages like written exam,physical test and interview.The candidate has to clear all the stages of selection process to become a CBI officer.

CID stands for Criminal Investigation Department.

The exam is conducted by SSC and the candidates are selected on the basis of CGL exam which is generally held in the month of April every year.

The eligibility criteria to apply for the exam are following:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate must have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized college/ university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.There is no percentage bar for the marks obtained in the graduation degree.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 27 years for general category,20 years to 30 years for OBC candidate and 20 years to 32 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The candidate should have eye-sight (with or without glasses) of 6/6 in one and 6/9 in other eye for Distant Vision and 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye for Near Vision .

-The selection process involves;

* Written test,

*Physical test and

* Personal interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?