14th October 2017, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for clerical post in Indian Army after completion of diploma course?

Sir/Mam, Can I apply for the clerical post in Indian Army after completion of diploma course? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? It will be helpful if you can get back to me on this soon. Awaiting for the response. Thanks.

15th October 2017, 03:43 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for clerical post in Indian Army after completion of diploma course?

Being a diploma degree holder you are not eligible for joining Indian Army at clerical post and for the post of soldier clerk in Indian Army only regular higher secondary school degree holder i.e; Class 12th passed candidate with 50% marks are eligible.

But if your diploma degree is in technical field then you are eligible for Soldier technical. For the same your age must lie within 17.5 years and 23 years. Also you must hold the nationality of India as well as the physical fitness as per the service requirement.

You can even apply for the tradesmen posts for which the qualifications required remains the same mentioned above apart from the educational qualification which is Class 10th or even Class 8th for some of the posts.

For more details and updates regarding the procedure of recruitment at these posts you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in .
15th October 2017, 05:05 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for clerical post in Indian Army after completion of diploma course?

Being a diploma degree holder you can join Indian Army either as soldier technical ( if you have done diploma in engineering ) or tradesmen but not as Indian Army as a Clerk as for that you need to be a Class 12th passed candidate not equivalent degree like diploma.

Further for your recruitment as soldier technical or tradesmen you need to qualify their respective recruitment rallies followed by Common entrance examination.

--> Also to be eligible for recruitment at above mentioned posts you must have following qualifications :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie in between 17.5 years to 23 years.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more detailed information regarding different entries in Indian Army you can visit the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
15th October 2017, 06:59 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for clerical post in Indian Army after completion of your Diploma course. To be eligible to apply for job in Indian Army, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board. You should be within the age of 16.5 to 19.5 years, should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for job in Indian Army.
15th October 2017, 07:24 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, candidates with diploma qualification are not eligible to appear in entrance examination conducted by Indian Army for recruitment as clerk in Indian Army.

The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in any stream from a recognised board.

The minimum required aggregate to appear in examination is 60%. The age limit is 17.5-23 years.
15th October 2017, 07:30 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility criteria for clerical post in Indian Army are given below.

Eligibility Criteria

** Candidate must have passed 12th class from a recognized board.

** The age of candidate should be in between 16 to 23 years.

** Also candidate should be Unmarried male Indian citizens.

** If you have passed 12th class then you canapply for clerical post in Indian Army other wise not.
15th October 2017, 07:50 PM
bhargim

Diploma course completed students are not eligible for Clerk Post in Indian Army.

Student must completed 10+2 to join Clerical position in Indian Army.

Minimum age is 17.5 years
Maximum age is 23 years

In 12th class, minimum 50%marks are to be scored in each subject.

In addition to that, minimum 60% average marks are required
15th October 2017, 07:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for recruitment as on Clercial post in Indian Army. The required qualification to join Indian Army is that candidate must have passed 12th from any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate and 50% marks in each subject.

So, you cannot appear in examination for recruitment as clerk. The age limit is 17.5-23 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?