12th February 2013, 12:38 PM
Raichu Sajan

Can I apply for IES exam if I am a final year student in applied electronics and instrumentation

I am a final year student in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering,can i apply for IESexam scheduled in 2013.

Related Questions:
  1. Can Instrumentation Engineering student apply for IES examination?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  3. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
  4. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering?
  5. List of companies where freshers may apply for job after completing graduation in electronics and instrumentation?
  6. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  7. Can I apply for JRF being a B.Tech(Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering) student? -- [New]
  8. Best Coaching Institutes for IES Exam in Delhi? Can I appear for this year IES Exam pursuing final year of BE in EEE?
  9. Can a B.Tech ECE student apply for IES exam? Should I apply online or offline for the exam?
  10. Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  11. Can electronics and instrumentation branch students apply for IES serve? What are the other options available for UPSC exam?
  12. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces?
  13. what is the difference between IES & Engineering Examination in UPSC? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How may i join M.Tech program after completing B.Tech in applied electronics and instrumentation?
  15. Syllabus for SAIL Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  16. Pre-final year project suggestion for student of electronics and instrumentation engineering?
  17. Am i eligible to apply for IES exam while in final year of instrumentation engineering?
  18. How can I apply for a job in BSNL and Telecom company? I am a B.E Final year student from Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
19th February 2013, 05:00 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES exam if I am a final year student in applied electronics and instrumentation

Yes, final year students can also apply. But the condition is that, you need to submit relevant documents at the time of interview. Your age must be between 21 and 30 years. General category candidates can attempt the exam at most 4 times. Reserved category candidates can have relaxation in the number of attempts.
20th February 2013, 08:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IES exam if I am a final year student in applied electronics and instrumentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichu Sajan View Post
I am a final year student in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering,can i apply for IESexam scheduled in 2013.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

Those candidate have completed engineering degree with below given department are applicable for IES exam-
  • MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
  • CIVIL ENGINEERING
  • ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
  • ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

You are final year of B-Tech in EIE department so you are applicable for IES Exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

SC/ST ==> 5 years .
OBC ==> 3 years .
PWD ==> 10 years .
Ex-Servicemen ==> 5 years .

Number of attempts :-

General : 4 Times
SC/ST: Unlimited Times
OBC :7 Times

Pattern for IES Exam for EIE stream:-

IES Exam Date:-

• IES 2013 Notification: 16th March 2013
  • Last Date For Receipt of IES 2013 Applications: 15th April 2013
  • IES 2013 Exam DATE: 28th June 2013
For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
21st February 2013, 07:35 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Sajan,

The Acronym "IES" stands for Indian Engineering Services.

The Indian Engineering Services Examination is conducted by the Union Public service Commission (UPSC) every year on behalf of the ministry of human resource development (MHRD).

In 2013, the IES Exam will be conducted as per the below given schedule :

* Date Of Notification :16-03-2013

* Last Date For Receipt Of Applications : 15-04-2013

* Date Of Examination : 28-06-2013

The Eligibility Criteria Required For IES Examination are :

a) You must have completed your B.Tech/B.E. in any of the following streams :

* Civil Engineering

* Mechanical Engineering

* Electronics & Electrical Engineering

* Electronics & Communication Engineering

b) Candidates in final year of B.Tech/B.E. from these streams are also eligible to apply.

c) Your age should lie in between 21-30 years if you belong to General Category.

d) Age Relaxation :

OBC Candidates : 3 years

SC/ST Candidates : 5 years

Physically Handicapped : 10 years

Ex-Servicemen : 5 years

e) Number Of Attempts Allowed :

General Category : 4

OBC Category : 7

SC/ST Category : No Limits

The Pattern Of The IES Exam for EEE/ECE Students are :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
21st February 2013, 11:06 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Raichu,

The acronym for IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts IES examination every year for the recruitment of engineer posts.

The eligibility criteria required for the IES examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of B.E./B.Tech degree from any approved university.

* Completion of engineering degree in these following streams from any recognised university-

1. Civil engineering.

2. Mechanical engineering.

3. Electrical engineering.

4. Electronics and telecommunication engineering.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

IES exam pattern:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
21st February 2013, 03:53 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Eligibility For IES Exam

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services for whose recruitment..the exam is conducted by the UPSC by the same name..

Joining the Indian Engineering Services is a matter of great honour as it is the most elite government job available for the engineers..

Eligibility criterion for appearing for the Engineering Services Exam :-

>> you must have completed your B.E/B.Tech degree in any one of the respective trades :-
> Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
> Electrical Engineering
> Mechanical Engineering
> Civil Engineering

>> you can also appear for IES if you have completed your M.Sc. in any one of the following streams :-
> Radio Physics
> Wireless Communications
> Electronics
> Radio Engineering

>> the candidate's age limit should be within 21-30 years for general..

>> 21-33 years age limit for OBC candidates..

>> 5 years of age relaxation for SC/ST candidates means 35 years is the upper age limit..

I am really very sorry but you are not eligible to appear for the Engineering Services Exam as your stream is Electronics and Instrumentation..

I checked the UPSC website myself and the only 4 streams which are allowed are mentioned as above..

There are not even previous year question papers available for EIE stream so I conclude that you cannot appear for the exam..

In case you want to further clarify this thing..you can visit http://upsc.gov.in

You can however appear for GATE and try for M.Tech or PSUs..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
21st February 2013, 08:06 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
I am sorry to say that after passing B.Tech in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering

The student who pass the engineering in following stream they are eligible for I.E.S exam:-
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics Engineering

You can apply for other exam like:-
>> Civil Services Examination
>> Indian Forest Service Examination
>> Combined Defence Services Examination

GOOD LUCK!
22nd February 2013, 03:21 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for IES being a final year student of B.Tech. in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.

IES - Indian Engineering Services , the exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognise University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The candidate of any stream can apply for IES but he has to write either of the branch from Electrical/Civil/Mechanical/Electronics & Telecommunication stream.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th April 2013, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

B.tech Engineering physics student can apply for upsc ies exam as a mechanical engineer?
21st July 2013, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

sir... i am final year student of electronics engineering. sir can i apply for I.E.S. exam ??? if yes please tell me the syllabus of it..?
22nd July 2013, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for I.E.S. exam? i am final year student of electronics engineering...
22nd July 2013, 11:31 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i apply for I.E.S. exam? i am final year student of electronics engineering...
YES, you are eligible to write the UPSC conducted Engineering Services Exams

But now this exam will be held in the year 2014 only

Educational Qualifications required to apply for this exams is:

>> BE/BTECH pass in any stream
OR
>> Passed section A and Section B of Instution examinations of Institution of Engineers
Or
>> Graduate Membership Examination of Institute of electronics and Telecommunication Engineers

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

So i would suggest that you should start preparing for this exams right now.

Selection Procedure Involves:
>>Written Test
>> Personality Test

Written Test:

It will have two sections
Sections 1 will have objective questions
Section 2 will have subjective questions
23rd July 2013, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for IES exam if i have electrical & electronics trade ............
24th July 2013, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

i am ece syudent.can i.apply for ies exam in civil branch.plz clarify this
1st August 2013, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for ies having electical and electronics engineering
11th September 2013, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IES exam if I
am a final year student in applied
electrical and instrumentation
29th November 2013, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

i am a final year student of civil engineering.can i apply for ies 2014? my date of birth is april 25 1993.is this age eligible to apply in general category?
1st January 2014, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IES (Mechanical Engineering) if i have completed my engineering in other steam. Specifically Agriculture Engineering?
11th February 2014, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

I am a final year student pursuing my b.tech in AEROSPACE ENGINEERING. can I apply for IES exam??
15th February 2014, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Can civil engineering final year students eligible to apply for IES exam ????? if yes,please tell me what certificates i need to produce ??????
15th August 2014, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

sir plz plz plz give me ans.. i finished B.E. in Electronics and Communication. i am eligible for IES UPSC? any option available for special for This branch ?
3rd February 2016, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

I am perusing AMIE from Mechanical stream. I will complete my AMIE by Sep 2017. Can I apply for Egnineering service exam 2017. I am an OBC candidate and central gov. employee from last 15 years. so i will avail 3 5= 8 years benfit. my date of birth is 23.07.1979. Can I apply for 2017 exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?