21st November 2012, 09:53 PM
Raj Darshan Singh Rawat

Can I apply for income tax inspector if I am 52 years old

Sir I am retired from army on 31 July 2012 at the age of 52 years after 28 years service and my qualification is MA can i apply for income tax inspector if yes pl tell me defence quota and age relaxation.

22nd November 2012, 03:46 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for income tax inspector if I am 52 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Darshan Singh Rawat View Post
Sir I am retired from army on 31 July 2012 at the age of 52 years after 28 years service and my qualification is MA can i apply for income tax inspector if yes pl tell me defence quota and age relaxation.
Sir,

First of all the minimum age limit for this exam is 18 and maximum is 27 years. There are some relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates and departmental candidates but it is not so much that it will allow 52 year candidate to sit in this exam.

You can find teaching job easily in any reputed school s most of the school prefer defense persons to teach some of the subjects till 10th class like history or geography. If your MA subject was history,literature, english or geography you can apply for the post in schools. You will get a good salary too plus respect.

Bet of luck!
22nd November 2012, 08:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you can’t apply for income tax inspector job as your age is 52 years old and this age is way above the limit.

The income tax inspector exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission and the exam is known as SSC CGLE.

CGLE is a Combined graduate level examination and is for graduates in any discipline .
There are many other posts for which this exam is conducted other than Income tax officer.

The age limit for SSC CGLE is 18 to 27 years if you are general category.

There is age relaxation available for SC/ST for 5 years , OBC for 3 years and physically handicapped for 10 years.

Hence it is clear that you will not be eligible for this exam.
4th December 2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

what is d syllabus for incom tax and please tell me how many requirmemt release by govrm. For post in income tax dipartment
4th December 2012, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes, Dear Raj Darshan Singh. Staff Selection Commission will advertise vacancies on 06 Apr 2012 through its website www.ssc.nic.in and through Employment News dated 06 Apr 2013. You could apply for the same on 01 Apr 2012. Eligibility conditions for Ex-men : -
total vacancies : Roughly 10% of vacancies advertised
Ex-men are eligible for group B non gazetted and below posts and thus eligible for all posts advertised by the SSC.
in your case : 52 - (28+3) = 21 which is below maximum age of 27 years.
education qualification : Matric
Exam : Priliminary Exam or Paper-I, 200 marks, 2 hours (50 marks GK, 50 marks English, 50 Marks Maths, 50 marks reasoning).
Main Exam : Paper-II, 2 hours, 200 marks-Maths.
Paper-III, 2 hours, 200 marks-English. (Total three papers of 600 marks)
Interview-100 marks.
Satyapal Singh Dahiya
[email protected]
4th December 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes, Mr Raj Darshan Singh, u r very much eligible for the post.
contact on 8802206969 for guidance : An ex-man and Inspecotr, Income Tax
17th September 2013, 04:48 PM
thegame007

HI,

Sorry to say that you can not apply for income tax inspector because your age is upper to the age limit for this exam.

HI,

Income Tax Officer post is reputed post.

ELIGIBILITY

- For Officers of Group-A level post you have to take UPSC exam.

- All graduate in any stream from a recognized university are eligible for this post.

--> Age limit: 21-30 years.

--> Age for OBC: 21-33 years.

--> Age for SC/ST: 21-35 years.

Selection process:

1. Tier-1 exam.
2. Tier-T exam.
3. Personal interview.

Syllabus for written exam:-
General awareness,
General english,
General intelligence,
Numerical aptitude.

For more details visit below website

http://www.ssconline.nic.in

ALL THE BEST,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?