30th August 2015, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Indian Air force if I am 19 years old? I am doing 2nd year diploma

I am a girl of 19 year and doing diploma 2nd year I want to know that can I apply for Indian air force???

Related Questions:
  1. What can I do to join Indian Air Force after Diploma engineering?
  2. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
  3. Can I apply for Air Force after passing diploma in electronics?
  4. Can I apply for Indian Air Force and Army having completed Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering? Procedure to join Air Force and Army?
  5. How to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma in computer engineering
  6. How can I apply for Indian Air Force exam after passing B.Tech 2nd year?
  7. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 2nd year student of 17 years old? Qualification required and age limit to apply?
  8. Diploma in Electrical obtained from Indian Air Force is equivalent to 3 years diploma or not?
  9. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  10. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 3 years diploma in IT?
  11. Date of result of CDS 2 exam?
  12. Can I join Indian Air Force after completing B.Tech if pursuing Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  13. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 3 years diploma in Information Technology
  15. How to join I.A.F. after diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  16. How can I join Indian Air Force after Diploma Engineering?
  17. How to join Indian Air Force after studying in B.Com 2nd year
  18. Vacancies for diploma holders in Indian Air Force? I have passing 3 years diploma in ECE
30th August 2015, 12:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Air force if I am 19 years old? I am doing 2nd year diploma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a girl of 19 year and doing diploma 2nd year I want to know that can I apply for Indian air force???
Your age now 19 years old so you are eligible for Indian Air Force exam through NDA exam. But you should fulfill below given criteria.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard with PCM from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA (Indian Air Force)exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
30th August 2015, 01:37 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Indian Air force if I am 19 years old? I am doing 2nd year diploma

The only way by which a girl can join Indian Air force is through Combined Defense Services ( CDS ) which you need to clear CDS examination which is held by UPSC twice every year in two stages that are written examination and service selection board interview respectively.

For appearing the same examination for joining Indian Air force academy you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 19 years to 23 years.

* You must have a bachelor degree course with any of the physics or mathematics or engineering trade as your main subjects from a recognized university.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th August 2015, 03:03 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The basic examination for joining Indian Air Force, Indian Army and Indian Navy is National Defence Academy (NDA). This following examination is meant only for unmarried men.

There are various examination conducted after graduation which you can try out for. The mode of entry for girls in Indian Air Force which you can try :

- Flying (Pilot) short service commission (For Men and Women)

Age: The candidate age should be between the age group of 19-23 years.

Educational Qualification : Candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline with 60% and should have maths and physics at 10+2 or B.E/ B.TECH with 60% from recognized university. Final year students can also apply for this exam.

- University Entry Scheme :

Educational Qualification : You must have completed your Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics) or Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical) stream. The following mentioned is the eligibility criteria.

For more information you can visit this page: http://indianairforce.nic.in/
30th August 2015, 03:10 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join the Indian Air Force being a diploma candidate. The candidates can join the Indian Air Force through the NDA or the CDS examination conducted by the UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the 10+2 with the PCM as the main subject.
* Age between the 16.5-19.5 years.
* Only male unmarried candidates.

For the CDS examination the eligibility is :-
* Candidates must have the graduation in the Mathematics/Physics from a recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 19-23 years.

So you are not eligible to join the Indian Air Force but after the B.tech you are eligible to join. For more information about the examination visit the www.upsc.gov.in.
30th August 2015, 03:26 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You have to apply for CDS exam or AFCAT to join Indian Air force.

UPSC conducts CDS(Combined Defense Services) Exam every year for recruitment in different wings of Indian Army.

The eligibility criteria to join Indian Air force through CDS exam are as under:-

- Nationality : Indian.

- Educational Qualification:10+2 level degree with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.

-Age limit:19 years to 23 years

-Selection Procedure:

*Written Exam

*Interview by Services Selection Board.

-Exam Pattern:

English – 100 marks

General Knowledge – 100 marks

Elementary mathematics – 100 marks

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test .

The eligibility criteria required for AFCAT exam are as under :-

Educational Qualification :

For Technical Branch: Bachelor of Engineering .

For Ground duty branch : Graduation in any stream .

For Flying branch :Graduation in any discipline along with 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

Age limit :

For Technical Branch: 18 - 28 years

For Ground duty branch : 20 - 23 years

For Flying branch : 19 - 23 years .
30th August 2015, 03:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

For joining Indian Air force at 10+2 or diploma only NDA/NA entrance examination is conducted by the UPSC. For this examination only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Being a girl candidate, you have no options to join Indian Airforce at the diploma level. If you are so much interested in joining Indian Airforce, you can appear for the Combined Defense Services or Airforce Common Admission test at the bachelor's degree level.

So, for both these examinations, you need to first complete your bachelor's degree then only you can apply for the examination. For both CDS and AFCAT exam, unmarried male and female candidates are eligible to apply.
30th August 2015, 04:12 PM
satya14581

ya, sure you can apply for Indian air force

eligibility criteria :=>>
1. candidate must have 10+2 passed with 70% marks in physics ,chemistry ,math is cumpulsory.

2.the age of 16½ and
19½ Years are eligible for the grant of permanent commission in the Army after 4 Years of technical military
training.

3.The candidates must have a 6/6 eyesight in each eye with or without glasses

4.candidate must have a minimum height of 157.5
cm with chest expansion of 5 cm

5.candidatehave to clear total training period of 5 Years including 1 Year of
Basic Military training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun and 4 Years of Technical training at Pune
Secunderabad. On successful completion of course,
30th August 2015, 04:51 PM
piki05

So if You want To Join in Indian Air Force Technical Branch You need to Apply for The AFCAT Exam.
AFCAT Means Air Force Common Admission Test.Actually This Exam Includes Three Branches.
1) Technical Branch.
2) Ground Duty Branch.
3) Flying Branch.

1) Technical Branch:
For The Technical Branch All Males and females are Eligible And Should be Done The Any Graduation from The Any Discipline University with 60% Marks and age Should be between 18-28 Years.So You are Eligible for The Technical Branch Only.
For :2) Ground Duty Branch.
3) Flying Branch.
You should have minimum completed 10+2 education.
Age limit:-Your age is between 16.5 to 25 years ..
30th August 2015, 06:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being an girl candidate the only way you can join Indian Air force is by cracking CDS examination as for other way i.e; by cracking NDA examination girl are not eligible.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Service and it has four wings which are Naval Academy ( NA ), Indian Air force Academy ( IAF ) , Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ). Also the CDS examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission in two stages which are Written examination and Service Selection Board interview.

The eligibility criteria for joining Indian Air force Academy are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 19 years to 23 years.

* You must have a bachelor's degree with Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics as a main subjects from a recognized university.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding the syllabus, question pattern of this examination or eligibility criteria for other wings you can log on the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
30th August 2015, 06:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no possibility for female candidates to join Indian Air Force at the diploma level or 10+2 level.

The Union Public Service Commission of India conducts NDA/NA exam for joining Indian Airforce for which only male candidates with marital status unmarried are eligible to apply, female candidates are not eligible.

You can apply for the entrance exam like Combined defense service after bachelor's degree to get job in Indian Airforce.
30th August 2015, 07:29 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

No , Girls are not eligible to Work in Indian Air force ..
Eligibility criteria :-
* Completion of 12th in science stream with aggregate percentage from well recognised university .
* Must be a citizen of India
* Age limit - 16.5 -19.5 years .
* Completion of NDA exam and qualified in the physical test and medical test and at last should be selected in interview ..
30th August 2015, 07:38 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma candidates are not eligible to join the Indian Air Force but you are eligible to join the Air Force after the graduation through the CDS entry.

CDS stands for the Combined Defence Services and the examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year. The qualification to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation in Physics/mathematics/B.tech. Candidates age must be between the 19-23 years.

So you have to pursue the B.tech course to appear for the Indian Air Force. The examination is conducted in the two stages and it is mandatory to qualify in all the stages for the final selection.

The examination is conducted in the month of February and the August.
30th August 2015, 09:16 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can not join Indian Air force being 2nd year of diploma. Minimum qualification to join Indian Air force is 12th standard from a recognized university.

Your age should be between 16.5-19 years.

You have to apply NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Only unmarried male candidates can join NDA exam.

You have to clear these three stages:

Written exam which consist General ability and Mathematics

SSB Interview

Physical and Medical Test
30th August 2015, 09:30 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

NDA Stands for National Defence Academy Which is a exam conducted through UPSC twice in a year as NDA I & II.

Eligibility Criteria for Air Force:-

*You should be 12th passed from recognized board.

*You must passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Maths.

*Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

*You must have an Indian citizenship.

*Only Unmarried male candidate can join Air Force through NDA.

AS you are doing Diploma After Diploma if you are interested for higher study then you can go for B.Tech , Then you can join Indian Air Force as Technical Basis through AFCAT.

For more details visit website http://careerairforce.nic.in
30th August 2015, 10:06 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

NDA is an exam that is the only gateway for teenagers to join Air Force, Navy or Army wings.

But you don't satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for applying NDA Exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

>> Only Unmarried Male Candidates are eligible to apply for NDA Exam.
As you are a female candidates, so you don't meet this requirement.

>> 10+2 passed/appearing candidates can apply for this exam.
As you are a diploma holder, so you don't meet this requirement.

>> 16.5 to 19 years of age candidates can apply for this exam.
You meet this requirement.

However, after completing your graduation course, you can apply for CDS Exam.

In CDS Exam, female candidates can also apply.

For the post of Officer's Training Academy, female candidates can apply.

Upcoming CDS Exam 2015 will be commenced on 1 November, 2015.

Some of the descent reference books for CDS Exam preparation are:

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination (English) (Paperback)
Author: Tripathi, Brijesh|Author; Rawat, Satyajeet|Author; Goyal, Neetika|Author;
Released: 2012
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Price: Rs. 495

Pathfinder Cds Examination Conducted By Upsc (English) 3 Edition (Paperback)
Released: 2015
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs.460

Handbook of Mathematics - A Multipurpose Quick Revision Resource {PB} (English) (Class 11th and 12th)
Author: Arihant Experts
Publisher: Arihant Publications(I) Pvt.Ltd - Meerut
Price: Rs.120
31st August 2015, 06:20 PM
Career advisor

Yes,you can join IAF(Indian Air Force) but after you graduation (.i.e. after BTech in any discipline) from the recognised university of India.
To join Indian Airforce you have to appear for the AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test).
You can join Indian Air Force through AFCAT in Technical Branch i.e. as Aeronautical Engineer(Electronics or Mechanical).
Eligibility:
Atleast 60% marks in Engineering.
Age Limit:
Minimum Age:
20 years.
Maximum age:
26 years.
31st August 2015, 10:52 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for Indian Air force if I am 19 years old? I am doing 2nd year diploma

Sorry to say that but you are not eligible for the Air force because as you mentioned that you are in 2nd year of diploma means you haven't passed 12th class yet means you are not eligible for Indian Air force. Only 12th class passed students from non medical stream (Physics /Maths/Chemistry) are eligible for Indian air Force.
31st August 2015, 10:54 PM
vickyhansi

Diploma holders can not join Indian Air force. To join air force minimum qualification is 12th standard from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

You have to apply NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

Selection Process:

Written exam which consist General ability and Mathematics.

SSB Interview

31st August 2015, 11:03 PM
pyare7

You can not join Indian Air force after diploma. To join Indian Air force, you shouuld have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized university.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

You must be physically as well as mentally fit.

NDA exam consist three stages:

Written exam of General ability and math

SSB Interview

3rd September 2015, 12:43 AM
JSD.

For getting joined in the Air force you have to appear in the NDA exam.But there is age limit from 16.5 year to 19 year for this exam.

Being girl candidate you have to go for the CDS examination. CDS examination is conducted by the Upsc every year.For the Air force department, the basic eligibility criteria is ,to have a bachelor degree in technical or engineering stream or in science stream with good percentile.Also the appearing aspirant's age must lie in between 19 year to 23 year to be completely eligible for the Air force department.

So you have to complete your bachelor course as B.E./B.Tech or in BSc department for this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?