29th August 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IPS and B.Tech after passing B.Tech 2nd year

hi, i am stdnt of B.tech. 2nd year .can i apply for ips after B.tech.

31st August 2012, 04:14 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for IPS and B.Tech after passing B.Tech 2nd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi, i am stdnt of B.tech. 2nd year .can i apply for ips after B.tech.
After completion of your Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) program, you can definitely apply for Indian Police Service. In order to get into the Indian Police Service, you will have first of all qualify Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Apart from being a graduate in any discipline, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years. The maximum age limit, is however, relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

The Civil Service Examination comprise of the following stages:

Preliminary Exam- The preliminary exam, also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test, will be based on the following syllabus and both the papers will be compulsory.
  • Paper 1
Current Affairs
History of India
Indian and World Geography
Indian Polity and governance
Economic and social development
General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change
General science.
  • Paper 2
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy
Data interpretation
English language comprehension skills

Main Exam
  • Compulsory Subjects
One Indian language, English, Essay and General studies.
  • Optional Papers
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

Interview: Personality Test

For further information, you may refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
31st August 2012, 05:50 PM
suvendum14

hi..
yest you can apply for ips officer after completing btech..

here is the procedure..
now i am talking about the process involved in becoming an IAS or (Indian Administrative Services) officer!

Please Note: Becoming an:
IAS (Indian Administrative Services) officer
IPS (Indian Police Services) officer etc…
Is all done though the same “UPSC held Civil Services” examination! This guide is written from the point of view of becoming an IAS officer. However, the procedure to become an IPS etc. officer is also the same!

If you are interested in becoming an IAS officer, you probably know what the IAS is all about and why becoming an IAS officer is a very good career option. However, just incase you do not know, let us give you some quick information on IAS!
If you become an IAS officer, you become part of the Indian Administrative Service. You will be part of the Govt. You can work from “the inside” and change “the system”!!

If you have a dream for India, or if you, like us, believe that India will soon be a “super-power”. If you want to be part of the process of making India a great nation, IAS is for you! Being an IAS officer, there is a lot more power and control you have so that you can be part of Emerging India!

Besides that, IAS is a great career option! You get many “perks of the job” when you are an IAS officer. You will have “job security”, “discount on Govt. services”, “Govt. provided transportation” and many more things... Even though the monthly salary provided by the IAS career is not too high, the “perks” make up for the less salary!..
try well
prepare well..
all the best..
~$uVenDu~
26th September 2012, 01:50 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Sir!!
You want to serve the nation by join IPS , Its really appreciable.T
.IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE , In order to being that, you must have to clear the civil service examination, which is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year.[/COLOR]
The minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree,..i.e. you must posses at least a graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized college,.
As you are an undergraduate, so you are not eligible for the civil service examination yet.
So, for being eligible for this examination, you must have complete you graduation.
Since, B.tech course has duration of 4 years,.so after two years after completion of your graduation you can appear for the CSAT.

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear , In order to become a IPS,.--
1. CSAT(CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT exam pattern-

No. of optional subjects in CSAT-

Age limit-

Physical standards-

No. of attempt for CSAT -

4 for general candidates,
for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the sc\st candidates..

UPSC,s exams date-sheet for 2012-

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
31st October 2012, 08:33 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Sir!!!
I would like to inform you, the only bachelor degree holder means only graduate degree holders are the eligible for the civil service examination like IPS examination,.

As you are in 3rd year of your engineering, so, you can not appear for this examination yet,. First of all you must have to complete your graduation, and after that, you can apply for this civil service examination,.

As the minimum educational qualification needed for this civil service examination is a graduation degree,.

This civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC ,.

UPSC stands for the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION .

IPS stands for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE , In order to being that, you must have to clear the civil service examination.As you are an undergraduate, so you are not eligible for the civil service examination yet.

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear in way to become a IPS,.--

1. CSAT(CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT exam pattern-

Educational requirements--

A graduation degree in any stream but from a recognized college.

Age limit-

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidate,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,

IPS PHYSICAL ELIGIBILITY--

You must have Indian nationality.

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
5th December 2012, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear for civil services prelims during final year of engineering?& i got drop twice in engineering.will i be able to clear this prestigious exam because i have lot of interest in subjects like history & general studies,sociology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?