4th August 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Required qualification for IPS Exam? Am I eligible for IPS Exam having completed 3 year Diploma in Fashion Technology with 70%?

good morning sir
i am satish kumar from hisar ,sir i want to know about ips exam qualification . i complete three year diploma from govt polytechnic hisar in branch fashion technology with 70%. sir i eligible for applying the exam

Related Questions:
  1. Can a Diploma in ECE(Regular) and B.Sc(IT) in distance mode sit in IPS exam? Eligibility criteria to sit in IPS exam? -- [New]
  2. Qualifications required for IPS entrance exam? Can I give IPS exam after Diploma?
  3. Diploma student eligible for IPS exam?
  4. Am I eligible to give IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Distance Learning from KSOU?
  5. What are the various qualification required to become an IPS?
  6. Required qualification for IPS Exam?
  7. Minimum Qualification required to appear for IPS or UPSC Exam? Can I appear for this Exam having scored 48.14% in Graduation?
  8. Can I be eligible to give the IPS exam after completing B.Tech 3rd year from Civil Engineering?
  9. Am I eligible to take IPS exam after completing BCA from Assam?
  10. Qualification required to appear for civil services examination
  11. Am I eligible for IAS/IPS entrance exam? I have completed diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  12. What is the qualification for IPS? I have 3 years diploma in hotel management
  13. Can I apply for IPS entrance exma after studying diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Required Qualification to become an IPS Officer? Which are the best Institutes for this?
  15. Am I eligible to appear in IPS exam if pursuing BCA from Tilak Maharashtra University being a Diploma Computer Engineer?
  16. Can i do Fashion Designing course after Diploma in Information Technology?
  17. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  18. How much height and weight required for IPS exam? Basic qualifications required for IPS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
4th August 2011, 05:32 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: Required qualification for IPS Exam? Am I eligible for IPS Exam having completed 3 year Diploma in Fashion Technology with 70%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
good morning sir
i am satish kumar from hisar ,sir i want to know about ips exam qualification . i complete three year diploma from govt polytechnic hisar in branch fashion technology with 70%. sir i eligible for applying the exam
dear friend,
just after completing diploma, you are not eligible for the exam. this is because for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
5th August 2011, 01:48 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required qualification for IPS Exam? Am I eligible for IPS Exam having completed 3 year Diploma in Fashion Technology with 70%?

Quote:
good morning sir
Information about IPS Examination -

IPS Stands for Indian Police Service and this examination was conducted by UPSC Every year, But Diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for This examination.

So, If your aim is to Become IPS Officer, then please complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

And To become IPS Officer Candidates must have Fulfill the Given eligibility criteria -

>> Candidates Must have complete his graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
>> Age should between 21 to 30 years.
>> Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

So, Graduation is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

But general candidates may apply for this examination only 4 Times in a year, OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts And No restrictions for SC, ST candidates.

The Notification was Published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC website in the month of February and eligible candidate May fill the application form Online By visit the UPSC website, The application form also availiable in the Post Offices in India.

But You have done your Diploma Course, So you are Not eligible for UPSC Civil services Examination And If you need More Information, then Please check the Official UPSC Website -

http://upsc.gov.in
5th August 2011, 02:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
good morning sir
dear friend,

diploma candidate are not eligible for IPS exam . only graduate persons are eligible for IPS exam.

the eligibility criteria is given below:-

1.You must have complete your graduation in any discipline.

2.Your age should be in between 21-30years for general.

For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years..
For OBC age relaxation is 3years.

3.You must be a citizen of India.
These are the criteria to appear in IPS exam.

if you fulfill the criteria then you can appear in IPS exam.

All the best.
5th August 2011, 08:18 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after diploma you can not apply for I.P.S exam. this exam has some criteria .
*the candidates should be a graduate from any discipline from a recognize university.
*the age limit is 22- 32 yrs.
there is a relaxation for sc / st/ & obc candidates for age limit.
*a general category candidates can appear this exam only for 4 times , obc 7 times & unlimited for sc / st candidates.

in my opinion if you have done diploma then after diploma you can go for degree in that .
it will be better you can get good job as well as gov. or privates jobs.

for more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck...........
5th August 2011, 08:44 AM
sachin200792

Exam for IPS is conducted by UPSC and it is the which exam which candidates take for IAS qualifying. Only there are categories of posts in which you are put according to your result or choice. IPS is one of them.

For being eligible for this exam candidate at least needs to be graduate with a degree in any field. Age limit for candidates giving exam is 21-30 years. There is 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST. 4 attempts are provided to general category, 7 to OBC and unlimited chances to SC/ST.

You are just holding a diploma which is not equivalent to any of the degree courses, so you are not eligible for the exam. You have to complete your degree to be eligible to take this exam.
5th August 2011, 09:11 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
For IPs exam Criteria is:-

*Candidate pass graduation
*Must be an INDIAN
*AGe- 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidate
3 years relaxation for OBC candidate

So you are not eligible to apply now,because you are not graduate
after complete your diploma then you go for Degree graduation.
Then you are eligible for apply thiis exam.

Good Luck................
5th August 2011, 09:30 AM
kharn

Hai the diploma qualification is not a degree. The degree (any degree) candidates only eligible for the civil services examination. The civil services examination is conducted by the union public service commission in every year. The all over details are available in the official website of the union public service commission. Www.upsc.gov.in. If you are interested you will join with the engineering degree. In this degree also eligible for the civil service examination. So best of luck of your decision:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
5th August 2011, 10:02 AM
Harshita21

Quote:
good morning sir
hello satish

you have a diploma with you but you have not any degree and any exam requires degree. For IPS exam you are not eligible.
Also the lower age limit is of 21 years which you can not ful fill.

For examination go for degree whether BA/B.Com/B.Sc/BBA any.then apply for the examination after that your qualification and age eligibility criteria must matched.

Best of Luck
5th August 2011, 11:45 AM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Required qualification for IPS Exam? Am I eligible for IPS Exam having completed 3 year Diploma in Fashion Technology with 70%?

Hi friend,

To become an IPS officer you must clear an exam conducted by UPSC every year. To apply for UPSC exam for IPS you must have completed graduation or its equivalent. Diploma is equal to the graduation.

You can also apply for the exam in final year also. Since you completed your diploma which is equal to the graduation you are surely eligible for applying UPSC exam. Your age must be between 21yrs to 30yrs.
5th August 2011, 11:47 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Required qualification for IPS Exam? Am I eligible for IPS Exam having completed 3 year Diploma in Fashion Technology with 70%?

Quote:
good morning sir
Hey friend,

IPS - Indian Police Service

It is one of the Indian Civil Service exam and the exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

There are certain criteria's which you must satisfy to apply for the exam and they may include:

Age limits:

The candidates must be a citizen of India

The candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

For SC/ST candidates it is 35 years.

For OBC candidates it is 33 years.

Education Qualification:

The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university in any discipline.

The candidates who are writing their final degree exam can also apply for this exam.

The candidates are possibly selected through 3 stages:

Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Interview

You may be given a certain allotment for attempts and they are,for general candidates it is 4 and for SC/ST there is no limit and for OBC candidates it is 7.

You are not eligible for the IPS exam as far regarding your education qualification as there is no allocation for diploma students to apply for the exam you must have done a degree from a recognized university.

For more information regarding the exam visit at [URL="http://www.upsc.gov.in"]http://www.upsc.gov.in[/URL
5th August 2011, 12:24 PM
saurav9889

friend for ips u have to appear for upsc civil services exam and based on merit u may get ips cadre but for apparing in civil service exam u have to become a graduate so first of all u have to complete ur graduation since diploma candidates can't give ias exam.
6th August 2011, 07:28 AM
akash3093

unfortunately you are not a graduate yet so you are not eligible for IPS.
eligibility criteria for IPS,and any other doubts would be clear from the UPSC which is the conducting authority.
www.upsc.gov.in
7th August 2011, 03:16 AM
Forum Expert

Minimum qualification for IPS exam is bachelor's degree in any discipline. As you don't hold a bachelor's degree you cannot give this exam. Diploma holders are not eligible.
7th August 2011, 09:12 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Eligibility for IPS exam are listed below.

1)Candidates Must have complete his graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

2)Your age must be within 21 to 30 years.

3)Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.
7th August 2011, 02:04 PM
rana2011
Banned

Eligibility Criteria To become IPS Officer:-

**Candidates Must have complete his graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.[Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination].

**Age should between 21 to 30 years.

**General candidates may apply for this examination only 4 Times in a year, OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts And No restrictions for SC, ST candidates.

So, Graduation is the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

But You have done your Diploma Course, So you are Not eligible for UPSC Civil services Examination.

For More Information, then Please check the Official website -

Thanks!
7th August 2011, 03:11 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
good morning sir
sorry dear but giving the exam for IPS required a graduate degree not a diploma degree.......you have to be graduate for qualifying the eligibility criteria of the exam..........

your marks are good .......but you have to be graduate first of any degree of any type like BBA,BCA,B-TECH etc.
thank you........
3rd November 2011, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

i have art side and my percentage in 12th class was not so good now m doing B.A final yr and now m good in study so plz i just want to conform may apply for IPS or not
7th November 2011, 02:46 PM
samspat

hi

Candidate pass graduation
*Must be an INDIAN
*AGe- 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidate
3 years relaxation for OBC candidate

f you fulfill the criteria then you can appear in IPS exam.
12th November 2011, 02:35 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hello sir,
Information about IPS Examination -
IPS Stands for Indian Police Service and this examination was conducted by UPSC Every year, But Diploma candidates are not eligible to apply for This examination.
So, If your aim is to Become IPS Officer, then please complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

And To become IPS Officer Candidates must have Fulfill the Given eligibility criteria -

>> Candidates Must have complete his graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
>> Age should between 21 to 30 years.
>> Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

But general candidates may apply for this examination only 4 Times in a year, OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts And No restrictions for SC, ST candidates.
The Notification was Published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC website in the month of February and eligible candidate May fill the application form Online By visit the UPSC website, The application form also availiable in the Post Offices in India.
But You have done your Diploma Course, So you are Not eligible for UPSC Civil services Examination And If you need More Information, then Please check the Official UPSC Website -
4th January 2012, 06:24 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
good morning sir
HI,
I.P.S or Indian Police Service exam is conducted by U.P.S.C.
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.P.S exam after passing Diploma course.
If you want to become I.P.S officer then you have to pass graduation.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR I.P.S EXAM

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

GOOD LUCK!
20th February 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IPS Exam having completed bsc IT in ptu learning center with 60%?

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/required-qualification-ips-exam-am-i-eligible-ips-exam-having-completed-3-year-diploma-fashion-technology-70-a-313953.html#ixzz1mvuD25oq
28th March 2012, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

i am a chartered accountant,am i eligible to appear in ips exam.i ve also completed b.com(pass) with only 43% from delhi university (open university) i was failed in some subject but afterward i passed them.plz reply
9th July 2012, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

i am 35yrs old. i work in DVC SINCE 09 yrs. i compleate DEE & AMIE. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT GOVT. EXAM I CAN GET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?