3rd August 2010, 07:48 PM
sriram.j

What should be the btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements?

i got 70.3% in btech 1st year{JNTU-K} .now i was in 2nd year .so what are the oppurtinites after my btech and what should be btech percentage to satisfy mnc interviews.

3rd August 2010, 09:27 PM
rajanivedha

Default Re: What should be the btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements?

hi ... your score is good. mnc 's expect about 60% and without any history of arrears...
3rd August 2010, 11:45 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What should be the btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements?

The percentage varies with different MNC's like for some companies the minimum eligibility is 60% while some like Infosys etc they ask for 65%. So since you have got 70% so if you could aim for 80% then surely you will get the top job from your college..

As for now forget about the job and focus on your studies and try to top your class as only the top are most wanted

Best of Luck
4th August 2010, 12:08 AM
shubham957

Smile Re: What should be the btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriram.j View Post
i got 70.3% in btech 1st year{JNTU-K} .now i was in 2nd year .so what are the oppurtinites after my btech and what should be btech percentage to satisfy mnc interviews.
percentage varies from college to college but if you are having 80% or more in your btech then you will surely get into a good multinational company. since you are in 2nd year only, try to concentrate on your studies not on jobs. there are a lot of jobs waiting for good engineers.
good luck
4th August 2010, 12:22 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,

Firstly i want to tell you that gaining high percentages in btech is not an assurance for a job. OK there are some barriers of percentages which is required to eligible for a company interview.
Now taking turn towards to your question , MNC also require some certain cutoff percentage but rest of the thing is done by you in yourself. Build your vocab, interview skill and prepare your quantitative analysis. This would leads you toward a region where the probability of getting a job is more.
4th August 2010, 12:50 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

look, it is totally depends upon company.

as some MNC company provides 60% as criteria some are 65% & 70%.

so if you can maintain 70% throughout your btech career.

then you can easilly appear any interview related to software company.

all the best......
4th August 2010, 02:27 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, the minimum percentage required for MNCs is just 60%.
kindly maintain your marks.
good luck..
4th August 2010, 12:07 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What should be the btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements?

dear friend

most of the MNCs set a minimum criteria to be eligible for the interview.

generally they require a minimum of 60% marks throughout your carrier with no backlogs .

as u have 70% so don't worry.

perform well in the rest of the semesters .

all the best.
4th August 2010, 01:43 PM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

hey you got good % in 2nd year.. its a good percentages but its not enough because if you want to join an MNC so you requires-

B.tech degree completed with 60%(65%)
all semester clear with 60% without backlogs.
10th standard passed with 60%
12th standard passed with 60%

all criteria must have completed...

ALL THE BEST
4th August 2010, 02:15 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: What should be the btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements?

Quote:
at present the criteria for all compaies is 60 -65 but at the time when you will pass your b.tech the criteria increase to 70.so maintain 70
best of luck daer........
4th August 2010, 04:43 PM
khusi

generally the mnc companies ask for 65-70% as an minimum,
but to be selected in an mnc you should be strong in aptitude and group discussion also because these two rounds play an important role in the selection process,
all the best
4th August 2010, 05:25 PM
Singh Anurag Atul kumar

first of all congratulation for getting good marks in first year.The % varies with the companies but minimum requirment is about 60-65% but if u want to get good companies then your % should nearly 75-80.Now at that time u should concentrate on your study.
4th August 2010, 08:14 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: What should be the btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements?

Hi,
Mostly MNC's prefer above 55% and some, 60% minimum. Literally, they wont fiddle into arrear records if you cleared all your backlogs in final year. Its your performance and attitude which gains you, your cup of coffee. If you blow up the personality test with good score, Then surely you are in, Arrears never matters.

You are maintaining a good percentage. If you do so till completion of course, You are sure to get calls from leading firms. So do keep it up.
Good Luck.
11th August 2010, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

does history of one arrear hinder my chances of getting a job in civil related field?
22nd August 2010, 07:21 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

for most of the software company the eligibility criteria is 60% through out carrier.

also some minimum eligibility is 60% while some like Infosys require 70% marks in the

exams,

so there is no needs to worry for you.

just make your performance like this.
27th August 2010, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

sir im having 65% by the end of 3rd year in ece ,i had backlogs but cleared now there r nothing ,presently completing mu 4-1 what r chances for...........
30th August 2010, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 78% in b-tech(dept-IT),but i have 56% in 12th standard.Am i eligible to sit for mncs?.if yes,which companies.
14th September 2010, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

sir ,
i'm pursuing b.tech 4th year my agg. is 67% and 10th,12 have got 69%
am i eligible for ibm,tcs,wipro or not ?
please reply sir
15th September 2010, 09:52 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

many of the MNCs fixed their eligibility critereion 60%. but some of the company like Infosys fixed it to 65%. as you have 70.3% so there is no problem to appear in their recruitment process if you can hold this marks. there are also so many company which have no such criterion. so don't worry study carefully. surely criterion will be fulfilled automatically. best of luck.
21st September 2010, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

IF WE HAVE A BACK IN ANY SEM AND IF WE CLEAR IT IN THE COMING SEM WILL THERE BE ANY PROBLEM W.R.T CAMPUSS RECRUITMENT
22nd September 2010, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i m mechanical student i have 50 and 45 percent marks in 10th and 12th and 74percent in btech after clearing gate exam i am pursuing mtech here in 1st year i got 79.4 percent marks i cleared many psu written but finally i m not able to get any job what should i do next
2nd October 2010, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

im having 70.00 by the end of 2 year . in had one backlog in my first year.is im eligible for mnc .present hav to write 3-1 eexmz.
3rd October 2010, 12:21 AM
vik111

Dear friend,

to find good jobs in MNC you should have to secure minimum 65% marks in B tech.

There are many mnc for job like bpo......
3rd October 2010, 12:53 AM
anisam1987

you are eligible if you have 60%. come MNC s demand 60% throughout your academic career.
of course if you have 80% marks, then you will be preferred. but maximum depends on how you perform in the tests.
so all the best
3rd October 2010, 01:24 AM
dharmdeom

u should maitain it above 70%.........good enough to meet eligibility criterion........best of luck for ur future
3rd October 2010, 10:13 AM
nuzhat fathima

hi,

your percentage is fine,the minimum you require is 60-65%.
3rd October 2010, 04:19 PM
mseetharamster

it would have been if you mention your branch ....
all MNC's do not give a particular aggregate percentage...
you are currently a student so regarding on campus
the eligibility percentage depends on the college,branch,type of company(software or core),
mostly it would be 60% for core companies and software companies too but they may ask for higher % also.For example microsoft once asked to attend students with >75% only...
but it would not be same every year....
so maintaining 75% would help you
3rd October 2010, 07:03 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Smile Re: What should be the btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements?

Dear friend

Most of the MNCs keep its own marks criteria. It varies from 60 to 70% in BTech.As you have got 70% in 1st year then it is good and try to maintain it.friend, you will get lts of opportunity after passing your BTech.You will get job in various multinational company like:

1.TCS
2. Mahindra Satyam
3.Ascenture
4.Microsoft etc
i want to tell you the coming world is for engineers, so do not take tension for job.Do you study with full dedication and success will meet you.

Thank you
4th October 2010, 06:55 PM
alekhya

Quote:
congrats its quite enough percentage to satisfy MNC interviews
but you should strong in all the basics as well as communication thats all
success is at your door step
9th October 2010, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Hai all,

I am Saravanan
did BE(ECE) 2009 passout my aggregate in BE is 73.20%,Diploma(ECE) is 86.33% and 12th also i have 62.40%
but in my SSLC 58.20%.....

most of the companies only needed above 60% from 10th onwards.what can i do anybody reply me...
thank you
11th October 2010, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

good evening sir, this is rajesh, up to b.tech 3rd year my percentage aggregate(66.5) in inter 90%and in ssc 85% any problem with my b.tech percentage for job searching after fourth year.
13th October 2010, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

If a company says min criteria is 60% what does it mean??Is it 60% from 1st to 8th sem or last 4 semesters??
13th October 2010, 08:27 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
all the multinational companies demand for 60% or above in btech. so according to that your percentage is very good. you must keep working hard and try to achieve atleast 80% marks in btech so that companies get impressed by you.
all the best
18th October 2010, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i hav 74.4% upto 6th sem. and presently i am pursuing my final yr in mechanical engg. sir i had back in my 4th sem nd i cleared that in 6th sem and besides this i am now overall topper of my discipline so whether that dead back will be having any effect during on/off-campus?
31st October 2010, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i hav an agg of 64% till 3-2...im in 4-1 nw...i nvr got any backlog till nw...so cn u plz tell me if i cn get a gud job in a gud company ...a job which is nt in da bpo sector
5th November 2010, 06:39 PM
Gaurav.jain88

It depends on the eligiblity critiria company most of the company prefer 60%
some 65%
some 70%
and 75% very rare.

important thing is that you have sufficient knowledge to satisfy them.
6th November 2010, 07:22 AM
Unregistered

i have 61% aggrgate and i am in 3rd b tech {jntua}.Is my aggregate sufficienyt to get a job in mnc company's?
23rd November 2010, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

my percentage is btech cse 63% and i dream to work for microsoft is it possible after any work experience?
5th December 2010, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my be with 69 percenatge with three backs which i cleared in the final year..do any Mnc's reject students if they have such back papers in the past..??please reply me sir...
5th December 2010, 02:06 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey good to know that your a JNTU-K student.You just need 60% to get into MNC's.

But sometimes for government jobs you need 65%.As you have an aggregate of 70% now so you need not worry.Try to keep up your aggregate level till you get relieved from the college.

Everything depends upon the aptitude test,mental and general ability test,personal interview which you attend.But some times MNC's even don't prefer graduates who scores above 85% mentioning them as over qualified.So,its up to your ability that where to stand in the mark list.

all the best
7th December 2010, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Does having a history of 1 arrear affect the eligibility for attending an on campus interview?I have a CGPA of 6.3 and i have cleared my arrear.
8th December 2010, 07:16 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello friend,

your question will be in almost all the minds of the students who are pursuing b.tech

actually companies whether it is mnc or bpo will keep cutoff because to restrict the heavy flow of applications so you can personally also approach company professional so that you have to satisfy the company hr recruiter to make him believe that you're the good skilled one

and the percentages looked out by some prestigious companies are like

for IBM its 75%

for MIcROSOFT it is 70%

for infosys it is 65%

and so on according to the region

once again im saying you never a company jus take on the basis of percentage it will only check your overall skills like

subject knowledge

aptitude skills

logical thinking

leadership qualities

and so on

all the best my dear

~aditya~
9th December 2010, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

i have 59.70% in 10th standard, 88.70% in 2, 70.30% in Engg., degree with no backlogs can i get a job in MNC because i have <60% in 10th pls tell me

thanks in advance
9th December 2010, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

Hai all,

I am Kumaran
doing BE(ECE) 70.30% upto 6th sem, Diploma(ECE) is 88.70% agg
but in my SSLC 59.70%.....

most of the companies only needed above 60% from 10th onwards.what can i do anybody reply me...
thank you in advance
9th December 2010, 09:57 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi friend

there are so many MNC company , depends on what you go

*Software

* software you should have more then 60% from 10th,12th and degree

*core

*you should have more then 75% from 10th,12th and degree, then only you will get a good job

good luck
9th December 2010, 10:49 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: What should be the btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements?

Quote:
Dear friend,
Most of the companies demand 60% overall,if you have more than better...
But most importent is your technical knowledge about the subjects...
Number is a critaria but compitition is in knowledge...
9th December 2010, 11:46 PM
ramakant sharma

Hello dude

most of companies have criteria of 60% but a few MNC LOOKS FOR ASPIRANT WITH 65% your aggregate is good enough and you are eligible to sit for any MNC .
but as per my personal suggestion i would like to suggest you to score up to 80 + percent in that case possibility Arieses that a few company will allow you to direct for interview and it will be a grate support.

all the best for your future
10th December 2010, 10:22 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
btech percentage to satisfy MNC interviews eligibility requirements
percentage varies from college to college but if you are having 80% or more in your btech then you will surely get into a good multinational company. since you are in 2nd year only, try to concentrate on your studies not on jobs. there are a lot of jobs waiting for good engineers.

good luck
10th December 2010, 05:54 PM
mishra245

Dear friend,
Your % in first year are very good and in the final year you should proceed your %.

Top MNC 's like Wipro, HCL,TCS conduct Campus interviews in reputed colleges and Universities.

They usually conduct the test for final year students. some of the companies allows third year studs to allow to attend the selection..

The following things they expecting from the students :

students should have 60% marks from 10th onwards.

Excellent communication skills.

no arrear papers in each semester.

Problem solving skills.

Hope this will help you to understanding the selection procedure..

regards
11th December 2010, 07:34 PM
Antara_N

hello,
i am in the final year with 71.5 cgpa but i have 1 back, which means i am ineligible for campus placements...wot to do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?