12th January 2012, 09:51 PM
10gaurav87

Can I apply for M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed 12th class in 2004 and joined B.Tech in the year of 2011?

sir i completed my 12th in 2004,but because of some economical problem i could not continue my study.but in 2011 i joined B.Tech(EE).can i apply for M.Tech(AE) through GATE

12th January 2012, 10:56 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed 12th class in 2004 and joined B.Tech in the year of 2011?

Yes you can apply for M.Tech through GATE exam.

Eligibility Criteria-

B.Tech student of fial year can apply for this exam.

B.SC student having Maths can also apply

Master degree holder also eligibile.

There is no age limit to apply for GATE exam and no number of attempts for this exam.

You can apply for this exam many time if you have required educational qualification.
12th January 2012, 11:24 PM
mukund purohit

Default Re: Can I apply for M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed 12th class in 2004 and joined B.Tech in the year of 2011?

yes you can apply for M.Tech.if asked you can give your genuine reason.
13th January 2012, 08:30 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed 12th class in 2004 and joined B.Tech in the year of 2011?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gaurav87 View Post
sir i completed my 12th in 2004,but because of some economical problem i could not continue my study.but in 2011 i joined B.Tech(EE).can i apply for M.Tech(AE) through GATE

Eligibility For GATE

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year for admissions to various top level institutions like IITs,NITs,BITS,IIScand many more..

For appearing in GATE.. a candidate must satisfy the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

1) The candidate must have completed his B.Tech in any stream or a should be a final year student..

2) The candidates having dual degree or M.Sc. in any course can also apply for the GATE

Note :- There is no age limit for appearing in GATE neither there is any restriction on the number of attempts you can make to clear the exam..

In practical terms..you can surely appear for GATE but be prepared to face the question in the interview that what were you doing between your 12th and B.Tech??

If you can answer the above question then i don't think there should be any problems for you..but you cannot appear for GATE unless you are in the final year of your B.Tech..

For more information on GATE..just Click Here

For previous year papers and list of reference books for your stream..Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
13th January 2012, 09:18 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

GATE - GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING is an entrance test for admission to top engineering colleges of India for pursing M.Tech courses.

The eligible candidate should be a graduate in engineering in order to apply for GATE.

There is no limitation to the age of the candidate to appear for GATE and also there is no bar to the number of attempts to GATE exam.

Hence you are surely eligible to appear for GATE but stiff competition you have to do hard work for atleast one year to crack this exam with good score.

For more information you may log on to www.iitk.ac.in
13th January 2012, 10:11 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........
Gate exam eligibility criteria are as follows.......

For more details you can visit official website of Gate exam.

Good luck.........
13th January 2012, 01:45 PM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:

GATE EXAM is conducted every year to give admission in POSTGRADUATE COURSE in engineering in reputed institutes like
  • ALL IIT'S
  • ALL NIT'S
  • BITS-PILANI(ALL BRANCHES)
  • IISC,BANGLORE
  • VIT-JEE
  • DCE
  • OTHER REPUTED COLLEGE
ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE EXAM
  • Final year students of M.SC OR B.TECH are applicable for this exam
  • candidates having DUAL DEGREE are also applicable
  • There is restriction regarding no of attempts
  • relaxation for SC/ST/OBC
GATE EXAM SCORE VALIDATION
This exam is conducted every year.your gate score is valid for TWO YEAR From the year of giving exam

in between this you can apply for job

DISADVANTAGE FOR YOU
EDUCATIONAL GAP of many years.

hence better to do M.TECH Or some bank jobs
13th January 2012, 05:39 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can I apply for M.Tech course through GATE Exam having completed 12th class in 2004 and joined B.Tech in the year of 2011?

Quote:
Dear Aspirant

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
GATE does not ask for any information relating 12th standard in GATE eligibility criteria. But may be question arises in GATE interview relating gap between your 12th & B.tech.

After completing your B.Tech course, you can apply for GATE exam.

Requirements to eligible for GATE exam:
----------------------------------------

• You should have completed degree of B. E./B. Tech. or B. Arch.
Or,
  • You must hold a master's degree in any field of science/maths/statistics/computer.
  • You can also give GATE during final year of above mentioned courses on provisional basis.
  • There is no restriction in percentage of marks.
  • There is no limit for age in gate exam.
  • There is no limit on number of attempts.

Important books for GATE exam Preparation:
--------------------------------------------

Previous Year solved model question Papers
---------------------------------------------

To get all last year solved papers, material & for topic wise analysis of these previous test paper Click Here

Best wishes..
with regards
4G solutions
13th January 2012, 06:34 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can apply for GATE exam after completion of B.tech course..

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in fields like- BE/B.tech/B.Arch
Or,
Candidate has to complete the post graduation in fields like- M.sc/MCA/MBA
Or,
Final year candidates can also apply for GATE exam.

2.No age limit

3.No number of attempt restriction.

These are the only eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to appear in GATE exam..

So, you first complete your graduation , then you will be eligible for GATE exam..

All the best..
15th May 2012, 02:54 PM
chillarboy
Member+

Yes you can apply for M.Tech through GATE exam.
GATE EXAM is conducted every year to give admission in POSTGRADUATE COURSE in engineering in reputed institutes like
ALL IIT'S
ALL NIT'S
BITS-PILANI(ALL BRANCHES)
IISC,BANGLORE
VIT-JEE
DCE
OTHER REPUTED COLLEGE
ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE EXAM
Final year students of M.SC OR B.TECH are applicable for this exam
candidates having DUAL DEGREE are also applicable
There is restriction regarding no of attempts
relaxation for SC/ST/OBC
GATE EXAM SCORE VALIDATION
This exam is conducted every year.your gate score is valid for TWO YEAR From the year of giving exam
in between this you can apply for job
You should have completed degree of B. E./B. Tech. or B. Arch.
You must hold a master's degree in any field of science/maths/statistics/computer.
You can also give GATE during final year of above mentioned courses on provisional basis.
There is no restriction in percentage of marks.
There is no limit for age in gate exam.
There is no limit on number of attempts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?