15th April 2012, 11:02 AM
sandt4498

Procedure to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in IT?

I ve completed my b.tech in IT...can i join merchant navy nw...wat is the total procedure and duration..

thanks in advance

15th April 2012, 04:29 PM
GOUTHAMMADDY

Default Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in IT?

If you have completed your B.Tech in IT, you can apply for one year course in various institutes where Course for merchant Navy Course is offered .

Eligibility for Merchant Navy:

>>To join the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy, You must have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or a degree of B.Sc. in Nautical Science from any recognized university of institute.

>>You can also join as a deck cadet on board a ship after completing 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and train on the job for three years.

>>After the on-job training you have to appear for the competency examination, as required by the Union Ministry of Surface Transport, to be eligible to become a Navigation Officer.

Physical Requirements for Merchant Navy:

>>You should be physically fit for the post of navigation Officer.

>>The Navigators are required to have a perfect eyesight, though marine engineers can wear spectacles for eyesight up to plus/minus 2.5. Colour blind people need not apply.

Institutes offering This Course:

>>T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai which offers a three-year degree course leading to B.Sc. in Nautical Sciences.

>>The Marine Engineering Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata which offer.

>>Marian Engineering and Research Institute Mumbai

>>Director General of Shipping Mumbai

ALL THE BEST

GOUTHAM.
1st January 2013, 01:07 PM
vikas33

Respect Sir,
i complete my b.tech(ece) with 70% marks in 2012. i want join merchant navy. is it necessary to join an institute to join the merchant navy ? then what is the fee structure for different courses to join merchant navy ? but if not so then please tell me the link to apply directly for merchant navy job.
my e-mail [email protected]

thanks
1st January 2013, 01:09 PM
vikas33

Respect Sir,
i complete my b.tech(ece) with 70% marks in 2012. i want join merchant navy. is it necessary to join an institute to join the merchant navy ? then what is the fee structure for different courses to join merchant navy ? but if not so then please tell me the link to apply directly for merchant navy job.
my e-mail [email protected]
[/U]
thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?