13th July 2012, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NET exam after scoring 47% in MSc research

i got 47% in my MSc research,n m from sc cat, so can i apply for NEt n SET??????????

Related Questions:
  1. Which course is better between MSc Operational Research and MSc statistics? What is the eligibility criteria and procedure?
  2. Which course is better between MSc Operational Research and MSc statistics? What is the eligibility criteria and procedure?
  3. Can I apply for Biotech or MSc after pursuing BSc Medical Imaging Technology?
  4. Can I do research after completing MSc in correspondence? Which colleges should I prefer for MSc correspondence?
  5. Can I apply for CSIR-UGC-NET(Life Science) if completed M.Sc in Clinical Research? Previous year question papers of CSIR-UGC-NET(Life Science)?
  6. How to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc Chemistry through correspondence
  7. Am I eligible for SET or NET exam after doing MSc by research?
  8. MSc in Clinical Research vs. MSc in Biotechnology+Clinical Research Diploma?
  9. How to get scholarship for PhD Studies in India?
  10. Which one is the best institute for clinical research?
  11. Can I apply for NET exam while studying MSc final year software engineering
  12. Eligibility for CSIR 2015 exam -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc in Chemistry from distance education
  14. How to apply for NET exam after studying MSc 1st year Microbiology
  15. Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I apply for NET exam after MSc Psychology Madras University distance education?
  17. Career propects and job opportunities after M.Pharm.
  18. What to do next after M.Sc Biotech fro career in Reaerch aprt from CSIR?
13th July 2012, 08:55 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NET exam after scoring 47% in MSc research

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got 47% in my MSc research,n m from sc cat, so can i apply for NEt n SET??????????
NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.This exam will be happen twice time in a year in the month of June and December.

Those candidate have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.5% Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate.

You have completed M.Sc degree with 47% and you are from SC candidate so i think you are not applicable for NET exam .Because for SC candidate the marks criteria is above 50% .

There is no age limitation for those who are applying for Lectureship but for JRF,Your age should not be more then 28 years.

From this year NET exam is fully based on objective type Question paper . Even paper III also objective type.There is no negative marking in any papers .

NET exam date for June session is already over so you can wait for Next notification for the exam of December 2012.The announcement will be published on UGC website.

Want to know about the syllabus for NET exam for various department , CLICK HERE

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

13th July 2012, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply for NET exams for lecturership after scoring 53% in my MSc. How can i improve my percentage as i have completed my MSc 10 years back.
13th July 2012, 01:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

After M.Sc, you can write NET exam. Post graduation is the basic qualification required to apply for NET exam. It is compulsory to score 55% marks in M.Sc. Selection will require you to attend written examination. If you qualify UGC NET exam, you are eligible to apply for lectureship positions in government colleges or universities.
1st October 2012, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi., I have done Bsc.Biotechnology and at present doing M.A.Human Resources Management (final year).. I want to take the NET exam in biotechnology.. Am I eligible to take it.?? Plz reply..
13th March 2013, 04:31 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test. This Test is conducted twice every year by the University Grants Commission.

This Test is conducted for the following posts :

a) Junior Research Fellowship

b) Lecture Ship

The Minimum educational qualification required for NET is post graduation from any recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks.

There is also a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST Candidates.

No Relaxation in marks is given to OBC Candidates.

As you are a candidate from SC Category , the minimum percentage of marks required is 50% but you just have 47% marks.

So , you are not eligible for the NET Examination.

The Age Limit For NET Exam are :

a) For JRF : 21-28 Years

b) For Lecture Ship : No Age Limit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?