7th November 2017, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech in mechanical engineering after doing diploma in EEE?

Can I do B.Tech in mechanical engineering after doing diploma in EEE? Can you please answer me back on the same as soon as possible? It will be really helpful for me as I am not sure on the next steps currently. Hoping to get the answer on the same. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do B.Tech in mechanical engineering after doing diploma in EEE?
  2. Eligibility to study BTech(Marine Engineering) for Diploma Mechanical holder?
  3. Possibility to study BTech(EEE) for Diploma ECE student?
  4. Mechanical or Civil, which is better to study in BTech after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Job oriented courses available to study for Diploma Mechanical student except BTech?
  6. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. How can I get admission to study BTech being a Diploma Mechanical holder?
  8. B.Tech correspondence after Diploma in Mechanical, Diploma in Safety Engineering and 10 years of work experience? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. BTech or BBA(H) which correspondence course to do for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  10. Job or BTech, which is better to do for Diploma Mechanical student?
  11. How can I get BTech admission in Abroad after completing Diploma Mechanical course? -- [New]
  12. Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech in IT or Computer Science after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Is it possible to transfer from Electrical & Electronics Engineering to Mechanical Engineering in Diploma 2nd semester?
  14. Possibility to secure BTech 2nd year admission for Diploma Mechanical student?
  15. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  16. Can I get lateral BTech admission in Jamia Millia Islamia being a Diploma Mechanical holder?
  17. Can I get admission in B.Tech after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering? Which is the best option?
  18. Can I join B.Tech EEE after scoring 59% in diploma electrical engineering
8th November 2017, 10:52 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in mechanical engineering after doing diploma in EEE?

Diploma candidates can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to get admission in Bachelor of Technology in desired stream. LEET is state level competitive exam for diploma candidates to get admission from diploma to degree, directly in second year of engineering.

The requirement to apply for LEET exam is that candidate should have at least 60% marks in diploma from a recognized institute.
8th November 2017, 01:10 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech in mechanical engineering after doing diploma in EEE?

No you are not allowed to get admission in B.tech in Mechanical Engineering as you have EEE trade in diploma course. After diploma with technical subjects you are only eligible to continue your study in same field in B.Tech course.

Procedure for getting a seat in B.Tech after diploma is quite simple. Using LEET scheme you can easily get a seat.
8th November 2017, 03:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely go for the mechanical engineering after the diploma in electronics and electrical engineering.

The best examination which is held for the diploma holders to pursue their bachelor's degree in technology from good engineering colleges is the LEET.

LEET stands for the Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

The minimum requirement for this examination is a below:-

You must have obtained minimum of 60% of marks of diploma.

You must not have any pending backlogs.

Your age must be below 28 years.

After clearing this exam you will be able to get admission in various universities in India which takes diploma candidates directly in the second year of engineering.

The best thing for you will be able to complete your Bachelors Degree in engineering. After that you will have lots of job opportunities as you will have to technical degrees.
8th November 2017, 03:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in mechanical engineering stream in the B.Tech course through lateral entry.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in the same stream from which they have completed their diploma course.

So, you will be eligible to get admission in Electrical and Electronic Engineering after diploma in EEE.
8th November 2017, 08:16 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can do bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering after completion of diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. For this you will have to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for LEET:

1. The minimum percentage of marks required in diploma to apply for LEET exam is 60% in diploma.

If you have this percentage of marks, you can apply for LEET exam of your state.
8th November 2017, 09:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are only eligible to pursue B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

Candidates are not eligible to change the stream after the diploma course. So, you must have to pursue with same stream in which you have completed diploma course.

The entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry.

For more detail regarding admission visit at official website of respective institute.
8th November 2017, 09:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't do B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering course after completion of your Diploma in EEE course. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course from a Government recognised institute. So, being a Diploma holder in EEE, you can get direct admission in second year of B.Tech EEE course through lateral entry admission process and you are not eligible to do B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering course.
8th November 2017, 10:19 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for mechanical engineering after completing diploma in EEE (Electrical and Electronics Engineering), because to apply for bachelors of technology in mechanical engineering minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 or equivalent qualification (That is diploma course) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Mathematics subjects from government recognized board.
  • Duration of B.Tech mechanical engineering is 4 years, but after diploma course duration of B.Tech mechanical engineering is 3 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?