26th September 2016, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

Can I do BCA being 12th commerce student without maths?

Hi friends, can I go for BCA course after 12th, but I am from commerce stream and also not taken the maths subject, so still is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. How much percentage to score to get in BCA after 12th? Can I do BCA after 12th without Maths?
  2. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  3. Can I get admission to study BCA in JNU if pursuing 12th Commerce without Maths?
  4. Can I do BCA being 12th commerce student without maths?
  5. Can I do BCA without having Maths after completion of 12th being a candidate of pursuing Commerce without Maths?
  6. How can I get a good job in future? I'm a BCA student in 2nd year and have done commerce without Maths
  7. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  8. Can I get admission in mentioned colleges if completed 12th Commerce from NIOS without Maths?
  9. Commerce with Maths 12th standard student can get admission in BCA-MCA course?
  10. What should I do after doing BCA from IP university? I am a commerce student
  11. BCA or B.Com from GNIIT: better option after 12th standard with commerce? Percentage required in 12th?
  12. Being a student of commerce can I do well in BCA?
  13. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  14. Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate? -- [New]
  15. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
  16. List of colleges which offer BCA to Commerce without Maths candidate in Delhi?
  17. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  18. Should I take BCA after completing 12th?
26th September 2016, 09:13 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BCA being 12th commerce student without maths?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. It is a three-year undergraduate degree course in the field of Information Technology. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course.

Admissions to BCA course are offered on basis of merit of 12th standard board examination marks in most of the colleges. Some top colleges/ universities conducts their own entrance examination to find merit candidates for offering admission in BCA course.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have completed your 12th student with Commerce stream without Mathematics subject from a Government recognised board, so, you are eligible to do BCA course.
26th September 2016, 11:58 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes, you can definitely do the BCA course after 12th commerce without maths.

The following are list of BCA Colleges in India in which you can do BCA without math:-

**Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune
1st Floor, Atur Centre, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony Chaturshringi Road, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411016 ‎
020 2567 5601 ‎

**Institute of Management Studies, Noida
C-56/11,Sector 62,Gowtham Buddha Nagar, C Block, Phase 2, Industrial Area, Sector 62, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301 ‎
0120 432 3670 ‎ •

**Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
Jalandhar-Delhi G.T. Road, National Highway 1, Phagwara, Punjab 144411 ‎
0182 440 4404 ‎

**Sikkim Manipal University
H Block Park St, H Block, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar, Ludhiana, Punjab 141001 ‎
099884 54119 ‎

**Manipal University, Jaipur
Manipal University Jaipur, Dehmi Kalan, Sanganer, Rajasthan 302026 ‎
0141 399 9100

**St. Xevier’s College, Jaipur
Gopalbari, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302001 ‎
0141 237 0296.
26th September 2016, 11:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends, can I go for BCA course after 12th, but I am from commerce stream and also not taken the maths subject, so still is it possible?
Yes, you can do BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
27th September 2016, 12:04 AM
shiwangini raj

For doing BCA it is necessary to pass only 12th.

Actually BCA is a 3 years bachelor degree course which is related to computer technology and for this mathematics doesn't have any specialty.
Rather you should have a good grip in English language which will assist you better to understand the study materials related to computer technology..
THANKS....
27th September 2016, 12:15 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year duration course from any recognised university.

The general eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from recognised board with mathematics as main paper.

So, you are not eligible for admission in course without having mathematics as main paper.
27th September 2016, 12:27 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

BCA is three year duration vocational course and job oriented course for candidates who are interested in computer applications.

No, you are not eligible for admission in course as it is mandatory to have mathematics as main paper in +2 to get admission in course.

Most of institutes conduct entrance examination for admission of candidate in course. So, candidates have to qualify in entrance examination for admission in it.
28th September 2016, 11:42 AM
Preeti @

No, you are not eligible for BCA as you have not studied mathematics in 10+2.
The basic eligibility criteria for applying BCA course is that you must have completed your higher secondary education(10+2) or equivalent with minimum 50% marks and having mathematics as the subject in 10+2 or equivalent. Some of the institute might drop the minimum percentage requirement to get admission in BCA but some reputed institutes conduct entrance test for the admission to BCA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?