5th May 2017, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I do BCA without having Maths and Accountancy in 12th?

I had taken the following subjects:-
1 english
2 hindi
3 business studies
4 economics
5 Informatics Practices

So basically i had taken commerce without maths and accountancy. So can you tell me that will i be eligible to go for BCA after 12th?

Related Questions:
  1. How much percentage to score to get in BCA after 12th? Can I do BCA after 12th without Maths?
  2. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  3. Is Maths needed to get admission for BCA?
  4. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  5. Can i do B.Com Accountancy Honours in ST. Xaviers College, Ranchi without studying Maths in 12th?
  6. Am I eligible to study BCA if qualified 12th without Maths?
  7. Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is it possible to study BCA for a candidate without Maths in 12th? Is there any course available for such candidates?
  9. Is it possible to do BCA after passing class 12th with Biology? Is maths required for BCA?
  10. Is there any entrance exam for joining BCA after 12th? How much marks required in 12th to join BCA? Is it compulsory to take Maths?
  11. Can I study BCA if secured 47.5% in Maths of 12th? List of colleges, syllabus and job opportunities of BCA?
  12. Can I do BCA without having Maths after completion of 12th being a candidate of pursuing Commerce without Maths?
  13. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
  14. Is Maths compulsory for BCA?
  15. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  16. Can I get admission in mentioned colleges if completed 12th Commerce from NIOS without Maths?
  17. Eligibility to appear for CDAC exam after 12th with Biology stream and additional Maths subject but BCA without Maths?
  18. Is maths compulsory during BCA course?
5th May 2017, 10:45 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do BCA without having Maths and Accountancy in 12th?

To pursue BCA candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics as a compulsory subject because mathematics is the basic eligibility criteria that is required to pursue BCA.
You are not eligible to pursue BCA because you have not studied mathematics in your intermediate.
5th May 2017, 11:17 PM
perthc

Hi,

As you have mentioned that you have taken the following below subjects in your 10+2, I would say that you can't study BCA nor MCA.

1 english
2 hindi
3 business studies
4 economics
5 Informatics Practices

Remember that BCA course consists of Computer and Maths related topics.You neither have MATHS nor COMPUTER APPLICATION/COMPUTER SCIENCE in your 10+2 but you have a subject called Informatics Practices so having this subject you can get admission in BCA.

You should have at least Computer Science/application as a subject.So in that case having no Maths would do.

I am attaching some eligibility criteria list for some good colleges for BCA.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Eligibility.pdf(84.2 KB, 21 views)
6th May 2017, 12:02 AM
rachamallamanoj

Sorry to tell this that you are eligible for doing BCA course. To do BCA, you must have studied maths compulsorily in intermediate.

For doing BCA the minimum qualification required is
1. You should have studied 12th with maths as one subject.
2. You must have completed 17 years of age to take admission.
3. In intermediate you must have at least 50% marks.

Apart from them many colleges put an entrance exam to give admission for students with merit list of the exam.
6th May 2017, 01:42 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me you are eligible to pursue BCA even after without taking Maths and Accountancy in Intermediate. As because there is no any fixed criteria that you must have to take any particular subject.
You can pursue from any of the stream. You can pursue after taking Arts, Commerce or any other stream. So, there is no any restriction related with this in Intermediate.
6th May 2017, 08:51 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

You can take admission in BCA course without having maths in your intermediate. Actually some universities provides admission to the students without maths and some universities don't. So you have to check that your university provides admission in BCA course without maths or not. Thanks
6th May 2017, 11:20 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

>> Many colleges eligibility criteria for BCA ,is student must have obtain 50% in 12th and must have opted Computer science and Maths as a main subject in Inter.
>> Still few colleges take admission if candidate is a English medium student where English must be prime subject.
>> BCA fees in most of the colleges ranges from 1.5 lakh to 6 lakh for 3 years.

Recommending you some of the best colleges for BCA
++ Christ university, Bangalore
++ Presidency college, Bangalore
++ DAV College, Chandigarh
6th May 2017, 08:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Maximum college doesn't require mathematics subject in 12th standard for BCA curse.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?